Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score

Food for thought

Griswald

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
if the Dahua NVR NATed access to NVR PoE-port-connected cameras works similarly to Hikvision's Virtual Host facility - a small network tweak will allow the NVR-PoE-connected cameras to be directly accessible from the LAN at their native IP address.

Example, Hikvision NVR :

whobutni

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can not directly access the cameras when they are connected to the internal nvr poe ports. You must first connect to the nvr.
I do not believe you can assign port 80 to a camera as it will conflict with the port 80 of the nvr. Set the port number to 1.

In your first post you said you have 4 cameras. Is only one camera connected to the nvr ?

whobutni

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is interesting.
I’m only on coffee #1 so haven’t reviewed every detail but it seems to be a possible solution.

Tried this exactly as outlined. Still does not get to the camera page.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
hmmmm.. It may flat not be possible.
Of course the easy solution is to buy a switch and connect the HiK cameras and the NVR to it and use the built in PoE ports of the NVR for Dahua cameras only.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there some setting in the NVR that allows routing to the camera network? It sounds like that's the function of the NVR when clicking the "E" as mentioned above. I'm not an NVR user but I do know, that without some device acting as a router between the 192.X.X.X and the 10.x.x.x networks, the laptop on 192.x.x.x will never connect to the cameras. That's not a camera issue, a switch issue, that's simply how TCP/IP works. Your laptop needs a "route" to that other network. It would seem to make sense that the NVR should be handling that routing between networks but again, I'm not an NVR user.

whobutni

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there some setting in the NVR that allows routing to the camera network? It sounds like that's the function of the NVR when clicking the "E" as mentioned above. I'm not an NVR user but I do know, that without some device acting as a router between the 192.X.X.X and the 10.x.x.x networks, the laptop on 192.x.x.x will never connect to the cameras. That's not a camera issue, a switch issue, that's simply how TCP/IP works. Your laptop needs a "route" to that other network. It would seem to make sense that the NVR should be handling that routing between networks but again, I'm not an NVR user.
I have virtual host enabled on the NVR

whobutni

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Notice in the video he didn't use the IE icon, he typed the 10.1.1.x address in a browser
Yes I tried the icon and directly typing it in with http as the prefix. Even tried various ports at the end; 10.1.1.3:3, 10.1.1.3:80, 10.1.1.3:37777

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if it’s not a networking issue at all but that fairly new problem of having to grant certain browsers access to port 10080

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
See my post #19 on the Following thread. I take this is a continuation of the problems you were having.

Griswald

whobutni

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wonder if it’s not a networking issue at all but that fairly new problem of having to grant certain browsers access to port 10080

Naw, not the error I am getting. This is just unreachable

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
This was the thread detailing the browser issue.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a function of the Linux kernel called 'IP_forward' when it is managing 2 or more NICs, in the NVR that's the LAN interface, and the PoE ports interface.
It's not something I've explored in a Dahua NVR, but have done in a Hikvision NVR.
I'd be surprised if they don't work in the same way.

Perhaps worth a read to show how it works, Hikvision NVR :

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And perhaps this simply shows why everyone says to match camera and NVR brand.

Do you have a Dahua OEM you can try (Lorex, Amcrest, Andy's cam, etc.) and see if the issue persists?

Because what you are trying to do works for all of us, but it is same brand on both.

Did you make any changes to the routing in the NVR. My other neighbor that thinks he is a tech genius was able to go into the NVR and reassign all the cameras from the 10.x.x.x to the same range as his internet and he thinks he is so smart...yet now the cams can talk to the internet LOL.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey guys - just setup my Dahua NVR + 4 Hikvision IPCs. The Dahua NVR receives a 192.x.x.x address (since it's directly connected to my router) but the cameras sit on 10.x.x.x.

The Dahua NVR does populate the "IE" icon which is a link to the camera (10.1.1.3 as an example), but I would need to have my laptop connected directly the to the NVR and have to change my ethernet adapter settings to the 10.1.1.1 subnet.

Is there a way for me to access the cameras web GUI without having to physically connect my laptop to the NVR and change my adapter settings each time? Can this be achieved through a managed switch, static route or VLAN/bridging in the router? I've done plenty of searching on the forums but cannot find a straight forward approach.
@whobutni
I posted here last night . Did you see it? Maybe not because it was the last post on thread page 2. The link in it is from the Dahua wiki about connecting Hikvision camera to Dahua NVR