Aliexpress sellers not allowed to sell hikvision any more??

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
+1. I have purchased from these guys on Aliexpress and on eBay. They list on eBay for a little more money, but I like being able to use PayPal on eBay. They are responsive to any questions and I've had no issues :).
I second this. I've purchased from XinRay recently a couple NVRs, all were genuine US regioned, reasonably priced, and free shipping. I had a couple general questions to ask them prior to purchase and they responded promptly within a day and were very helpful and informative. Definitely would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes and No, they will work but you will only get full record no motion detection or any other features. but then that all most people need anyway.

pedrokv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I second this. I've purchased from XinRay recently a couple NVRs, all were genuine US regioned, reasonably priced, and free shipping. I had a couple general questions to ask them prior to purchase and they responded promptly within a day and were very helpful and informative. Definitely would recommend.
Hi, I'm thinking about buying cams from XinRay too. Do you have also cameras from them? What is the current situation with HIK IP cams from Aliexpress? Is it worth to buy them? I plan to secure our house better (currently PC with one USB webcam), so to buy NVR: DS-7616NI-E2/A locally (nearly same price, 2yrs warranty) and cameras (thinking about DS-2CD2335-I) from AE-XinRay. I read 2 days this forum about language/region issues, CBX's solution, disappearing etc., a lot of posts is from early 2015. I would like to know the current situation. If it is safe/good idea to buy the cams on AE (as it is on half of the local prices). If they are stable and will work with locally bought NVR. Thank you.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I buy from AE and as long as don't update firmware should be fine - work with local NVR etc.

For some they prefer to pay more (a little or a lot depending on camera, where you live etc) for a unhacked firmware camera that might or might not have official support from Hikvision (if authorised distributor or not).

Very much depends on what you think is right for you as I don't think there is one correct way to buy cameras that is correct for everyone.

Chadi

n3wb
Reaction score
For the guys looking for the true WDR 4mp UK version camera, I bought 2 from SelecSecurity. Price is £108 including VAT. Free next day delivery over £200. After my purchase they got in touch and changed my account to trade which gave me various discounts site wide (Took there from £89.99+vat to £87.50 +vat)

http://www.selecsecurityproducts.co.uk/DS-2CD2342WD-I?filter_name=Hikvision
Waiting for the British Pound to drop some more these days. The Brexit speculations. But the price is great. Exept for the costs of delivery to mainland EU.. almost 40 euro :)

Last edited by a moderator:

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking about buying cams from XinRay too. Do you have also cameras from them? What is the current situation with HIK IP cams from Aliexpress? Is it worth to buy them? I plan to secure our house better (currently PC with one USB webcam), so to buy NVR: DS-7616NI-E2/A locally (nearly same price, 2yrs warranty) and cameras (thinking about DS-2CD2335-I) from AE-XinRay. I read 2 days this forum about language/region issues, CBX's solution, disappearing etc., a lot of posts is from early 2015. I would like to know the current situation. If it is safe/good idea to buy the cams on AE (as it is on half of the local prices). If they are stable and will work with locally bought NVR. Thank you.
I do not have cameras from them but have NVRs from them, they sent me genuine US (or at least non-Chinese, firmware upgradable NVRs which were marginally more expensive than the Chinese regioned ones. They're email support is excellent. I bought them from their eBay store so I have eBay and PayPal protections, but speaking about them strictly as a seller, regardless of sales channel, I am very happy with their service. Arrived very quickly via DHL express as well.

I can assume their cameras will follow the same great service that I received. With XinRay, there is an important distinction to note which is usually indicated in the product picture. Chinese regioned devices will not include "Support Upgrade" with a green up arrow in the product picture. It will usually say "multi-language" only. (Also is cheaper in price) What this means is that it's a pre-patched Chinese regioned device. While you won't ever be able to change the firmware unless they provide it to you, it's had its region masked off as a non-Chinese regioned device. This allows the camera to work with Hikvision NVRs theoretically, forever.

When I first started buying Hikvision, I bought from the US before I knew anything about region locks or anything like that (they also were not implemented so strictly back then). I paid an arm and a leg, something like $350-400 for 2 2032 bullet cameras. (They were brand new at the time). As I did research, I found the Chinese ones and started buying those. Never looked back. All have come pre-patched, all work great even with 2016-era NVRs, so I couldn't be happier. The real incentive now to go Chinese vs US, is the price. Some people on here say it's not worth it. I disagree. I end up purchasing large quantities of them and getting steep discounts. It pays off immensely. Yes, you get 0 support from Hikvision or anyone else besides the seller (and on here of course), but that is not deterring factor to me because support is useless anyways. The only reason I would ever need support is for a defective camera exchange. In the 2.5 years I've Been working with their products, their hardware has been incredibly reliable. It's their firmware that needs some work. Depending on what capabilities you utilize with your devices, you might experience bugs which people on here often collaborate for solutions. Typically this only affects more advanced functions such as email alerts, but the core functionality I've been satisfied with.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I do not have cameras from them but have NVRs from them, they sent me genuine US (or at least non-Chinese, firmware upgradable NVRs which were marginally more expensive than the Chinese regioned ones. They're email support is excellent. I bought them from their eBay store so I have eBay and PayPal protections, but speaking about them strictly as a seller, regardless of sales channel, I am very happy with their service. Arrived very quickly via DHL express as well.

I can assume their cameras will follow the same great service that I received. With XinRay, there is an important distinction to note which is usually indicated in the product picture. Chinese regioned devices will not include "Support Upgrade" with a green up arrow in the product picture. It will usually say "multi-language" only. (Also is cheaper in price) What this means is that it's a pre-patched Chinese regioned device. While you won't ever be able to change the firmware unless they provide it to you, it's had its region masked off as a non-Chinese regioned device. This allows the camera to work with Hikvision NVRs theoretically, forever.

When I first started buying Hikvision, I bought from the US before I knew anything about region locks or anything like that (they also were not implemented so strictly back then). I paid an arm and a leg, something like $350-400 for 2 2032 bullet cameras. (They were brand new at the time). As I did research, I found the Chinese ones and started buying those. Never looked back. All have come pre-patched, all work great even with 2016-era NVRs, so I couldn't be happier. The real incentive now to go Chinese vs US, is the price. Some people on here say it's not worth it. I disagree. I end up purchasing large quantities of them and getting steep discounts. It pays off immensely. Yes, you get 0 support from Hikvision or anyone else besides the seller (and on here of course), but that is not deterring factor to me because support is useless anyways. The only reason I would ever need support is for a defective camera exchange. In the 2.5 years I've Been working with their products, their hardware has been incredibly reliable. It's their firmware that needs some work. Depending on what capabilities you utilize with your devices, you might experience bugs which people on here often collaborate for solutions. Typically this only affects more advanced functions such as email alerts, but the core functionality I've been satisfied with.

I could not agree more and for that I even been called stupid on this forum. I really laugh at sheeple when they stick heads up from grazing.
Buy 1 get one free from China in a price comparison so if anything goes wrong just chuck it out and use the free one instead of a warranty= no Brainer

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I could not agree more and for that I even been called stupid on this forum. I really laugh at sheeple when they stick heads up from grazing.
Buy 1 get one free from China in a price comparison so if anything goes wrong just chuck it out and use the free one instead of a warranty= no Brainer
Its not buy one get one free - for US buyers. China cams are simply not half price. IF you are too dense to figure it out, that is really your problem. It USED to be half price. It has not been the case for a while now.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I pay downwards of $60 per 4MP IP dome. You're really arguing up the wrong tree if you're insistent you can get genuine US for less than $120. We work with ADI on a regular basis at work for large scale commercial projects and they want around $150 for the same thing. While I do agree with you that Hikvision's initial offering price has definitely lowered (when 3MP was the cool new thing on the block) they were in excess of $200+. So yes, on that note the margin has shrunk significantly. However when you purchase 50-100 unit lots, that adds up quickly, even if you factor in bulk pricing with an authorized distributor. ADI, who we go through, IS an authorized distributor of Hikvision products. We've had such great experience with Hikvision's build quality that for the price we pay per unit for CH models, it's worth dropping support. There was only 1 instance of a firmware issue, and the Chinese distributor sent me a firmware update to correct the problem, and all was well.

An important distinction that also needs to be made is between an authorized Hikvision Distributor and companies who simply slap their name onto a Hikvision product and sell it as their own, often changing model numbers etc to help disguise it. Anyone who works with the equipment regularly can look at a Hikvision product and spot it in no time. There are very distinct characteristics that are unique to their design. Places like LTS and SuperCircuits (another company we dealt with years ago) are rebranded sellers and in no way shape or form are an Authorized Hikvision distributor, because the camera isn't Hikvision branded. They are by all means free from regional restrictions and any of the fluff that comes along with Chinese reseller product, so it's still a legitimate dealer to go through when purchasing. Since they purchase from Hikvision and simply have the cameras branded under their own name, it's still legitimate, and they aren't on Hikvision's shitlist. (Nelly's Security is on this list but I would purchase from them again; great staff and support and it's the real deal, just not as cheap as overseas of course) The catch (if you even want to call it a catch, I don't think it is) is that any and all support is limited to the reseller, regardless of the manufacturer's responsibility (none in such case) to warrant the product. They're basically a middle man who is bearing all of the weight. TVs are another good example of this. There's only a handful of display manufacturers in the world. Everything else is rebranded. If a no-name TV uses a Samsung panel does that mean you can cry to Samsung when the TV fails? Absolutely not.

The way I see it, support is really the only thing you have to lose. Everyone has their opinion, but at the rate I purchase these I'm more than willing to give it up. Although the seller we work with has been exceptional at support, emails us back same day and was very helpful in resolving our 1 issue over a 3 year span and counting.

NVRs, on the other hand, I will never ever purchase a CH region. Since that's what I directly interface with, I don't screw around. The cameras are always isolated and generally never touched, which is why we go the CH route for those. We do still purchase those from Chinese sellers (also cheaper), but ensure they're US regioned every time, which allows for firmware upgrades.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I pay downwards of $60 per 4MP IP dome. You're really arguing up the wrong tree if you're insistent you can get genuine US for less than $120. We work with ADI on a regular basis at work for large scale commercial projects and they want around $150 for the same thing. While I do agree with you that Hikvision's initial offering price has definitely lowered (when 3MP was the cool new thing on the block) they were in excess of $200+. So yes, on that note the margin has shrunk significantly. However when you purchase 50-100 unit lots, that adds up quickly, even if you factor in bulk pricing with an authorized distributor. ADI, who we go through, IS an authorized distributor of Hikvision products. We've had such great experience with Hikvision's build quality that for the price we pay per unit for CH models, it's worth dropping support. There was only 1 instance of a firmware issue, and the Chinese distributor sent me a firmware update to correct the problem, and all was well.

An important distinction that also needs to be made is between an authorized Hikvision Distributor and companies who simply slap their name onto a Hikvision product and sell it as their own, often changing model numbers etc to help disguise it. Anyone who works with the equipment regularly can look at a Hikvision product and spot it in no time. There are very distinct characteristics that are unique to their design. Places like LTS and SuperCircuits (another company we dealt with years ago) are rebranded sellers and in no way shape or form are an Authorized Hikvision distributor, because the camera isn't Hikvision branded. They are by all means free from regional restrictions and any of the fluff that comes along with Chinese reseller product, so it's still a legitimate dealer to go through when purchasing. Since they purchase from Hikvision and simply have the cameras branded under their own name, it's still legitimate, and they aren't on Hikvision's shitlist. (Nelly's Security is on this list but I would purchase from them again; great staff and support and it's the real deal, just not as cheap as overseas of course) The catch (if you even want to call it a catch, I don't think it is) is that any and all support is limited to the reseller, regardless of the manufacturer's responsibility (none in such case) to warrant the product. They're basically a middle man who is bearing all of the weight. TVs are another good example of this. There's only a handful of display manufacturers in the world. Everything else is rebranded. If a no-name TV uses a Samsung panel does that mean you can cry to Samsung when the TV fails? Absolutely not.

The way I see it, support is really the only thing you have to lose. Everyone has their opinion, but at the rate I purchase these I'm more than willing to give it up. Although the seller we work with has been exceptional at support, emails us back same day and was very helpful in resolving our 1 issue over a 3 year span and counting.

NVRs, on the other hand, I will never ever purchase a CH region. Since that's what I directly interface with, I don't screw around. The cameras are always isolated and generally never touched, which is why we go the CH route for those. We do still purchase those from Chinese sellers (also cheaper), but ensure they're US regioned every time, which allows for firmware upgrades.

You pay 60 or less because of the volume. The average end user is paying 73 (from xinray as an example). Rebanded cameras sold by authorized rebranders come with full warranties and and are firmware upgradable - not a big issue if the savings are there, but most of the time they are not. For the average end user that purchased 8 cameras if one has an issue within 3 years the pretty much lost their "savings". All it takes is one batch of bad firmware to give you lots of hassle. If you know what you are doing and are willing to tinker its fine. For most users the 2mp available from rebranders is actually better than 3mp equivalent since its better in low light. Its available for 89-99 dollars. So we are talking about a 15-25 dollar difference. When you jump to the 3mp cams the price jumps a bit but is still not double. I used to buy tons of china cameras when there markup was in fact double. I still buy china cameras that are not available here (pinhole). Now it simply makes no sense. With respect to support you will actually get BETTER support and turnaround from the resellers than directly hikvision.
With respect to standalone NVR's I think they pretty much all suck, I have stopped using them long ago and go the pc route.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, You have been called that on this forum - are we really doing this again??? You can not figure simple math - this isn't "buy one get one free". We broke down the pricing for you once already and cams in the US are NOT double the cost... Certain parts of the world AE is close to half the cost because of import, duties, shipping, etc, but not the US...

Please, please stop talking out your ass though, we were making progress for a few weeks...

Last edited by a moderator:

pedrokv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
CoreyX64 : Thanks for you answer, also thanks to others. I decided to buy (and bought) one upgradeable 2CD-2332-I camera from Ali, and one 2CD-2335 "multilanguage", not upgradeable camera. I wanted to buy from Xinray, but they were slow with message/chat responses, so I decided to buy from another store, with a bit cheaper prices and 100% feedback (Shenzhen Kingstar International Trade), altough I know, how is it with the feedbacks on Ali. Also both with another lenses, original with 2,8mm lens, and 2335 with 4mm lens. In a month I will see, what is better. Original was for 128USD, if I can cheat a bit local customs, it will be the only price, same as with the chinese for 70USD (with ali coupon). Otherwise +21% VAT. Both are much cheaper than locally sold cams, the 2CD-2332-I is for around 266USD. I can buy nearly four chinese 2335 for that price. :-(

For a NVR I got a good price here and as it is a core of the camera system, I will buy it locally. On Ali it is on around the same price as here.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
CoreyX64 : Thanks for you answer, also thanks to others. I decided to buy (and bought) one upgradeable 2CD-2332-I camera from Ali, and one 2CD-2335 "multilanguage", not upgradeable camera. I wanted to buy from Xinray, but they were slow with message/chat responses, so I decided to buy from another store, with a bit cheaper prices and 100% feedback (Shenzhen Kingstar International Trade), altough I know, how is it with the feedbacks on Ali. Also both with another lenses, original with 2,8mm lens, and 2335 with 4mm lens. In a month I will see, what is better. Original was for 128USD, if I can cheat a bit local customs, it will be the only price, same as with the chinese for 70USD (with ali coupon). Otherwise +21% VAT. Both are much cheaper than locally sold cams, the 2CD-2332-I is for around 266USD. I can buy nearly four chinese 2335 for that price. :-(

For a NVR I got a good price here and as it is a core of the camera system, I will buy it locally. On Ali it is on around the same price as here.
To be honest it sounds as though you did a good job in researching what you wanted, and where you wanted to get it from, and choose the right thing for you. Well done - more people should do that wherever they decide to buy from in the end.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DS-2CD2332-I for 266USD? Is that a joke? That is ridiculously bad.

Well done and fingers crossed that all ok.