AliExpress - Who are people using?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
NVR4208-P and 8 of those 4MP Dahua cameras isn't a bad idea... you can't go wrong with either brand in my eyes. Everything is going to be better than the crap they push in Maplins or whatever your version of that place is.

spinrut

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't pay $170 each b/c I got 6 of them and the NVR. Contact Joanna she will hook you up with a discount. She answered all my questions right away and the turn time was fantastic.
Wow, I'm looking at the NVR page and am I seeing things? $76 shipping for the NVR but free shipping on the turrets? I wont ask for the deal she cut you on the cameras, but can you answer this: was shipping free? If not, how much did it end up being for the 6 turrets + NVR? Also, I'm guessing you are in the US as I see a qty 6 on the 2342s order history page

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Turrets are shipped slow slow slow mail which is heavily subsidised by the Chinese government for packages under a certain weight (2kg I think).

NVRs are shipped DHL who get it there quick and charge accordingly.

froboy272

n3wb
Reaction score
^^^ you placed the order 1 week ago and already received the goods? This is from CCTV China? From what site (link) did you place the order?
No its CCTV Camera Wholesale - http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1187561

Thanks, I'm still curious where Froboy272 is based, 7 day shipping via aliexpress almost implies he's in China! Prices seem to have gone up considerably, e.g.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-shipping-Hikvision-DS-2CD2032-I-bullet-Camera-CCTV-camera-IP-camera-nimi-network-POE-camera/1187561_1728477866.html

$136 each!?

The NVR 7616 has increased USD$60 or so, etc.
I am in New York

I messaged Joanna about the 6 cameras I wanted and the NVR. She put together a package price including shipping for me that was nicely discounted. I'm sure she would do the same for any of you guys as well.

froboy272

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow, I'm looking at the NVR page and am I seeing things? $76 shipping for the NVR but free shipping on the turrets? I wont ask for the deal she cut you on the cameras, but can you answer this: was shipping free? If not, how much did it end up being for the 6 turrets + NVR? Also, I'm guessing you are in the US as I see a qty 6 on the 2342s order history page
I'm not sure how she worked out the shipping cost I just negotiated a total cost for the 6 turrets and the NVR

Turrets are shipped slow slow slow mail which is heavily subsidised by the Chinese government for packages under a certain weight (2kg I think).

NVRs are shipped DHL who get it there quick and charge accordingly.
My entire order shipped DHL. 1 box for the 6 cams and the NVR shipped in its original package with the shipping data stuck onto it. I would have liked the NVR to be boxed up in a protective box but it came free of damage.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My entire order shipped DHL. 1 box for the 6 cams and the NVR shipped in its original package with the shipping data stuck onto it. I would have liked the NVR to be boxed up in a protective box but it came free of damage.
I should've added that multiple items (e.g. 4+ cameras or NVR+any cameras) will obviously go all DHL, as it's over the weight limit. It's also cheaper to ship 4 cameras DHL than 4 cameras China Post individually.

Not protecting it is a bit bad. I'm sure in the UK we'd have got a nice £40 customs bill for that!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In France too, about 50€ or 60€ custom bill plus 10€ fee .....
So sad that we get ripped off so badly in our countries. I noticed the other day that a car made in the UK is 30 to 40% cheaper in the US... that's far more than tax and it needs to be shipped there too. :-(

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So sad that we get ripped off so badly in our countries. I noticed the other day that a car made in the UK is 30 to 40% cheaper in the US... that's far more than tax and it needs to be shipped there too. :-(
That's paying for everyone else to come to the UK and freeload, It's cheaper to buy a Mercedes in Germany ( British Model ) and drive it back, and pay the vat, you'll save £6000 or do what other European drivers do, just drive it in the UK and day trip to France every 6 months and never pay fines or parking ticket or tolls or road tax
While the rest of us (including me) do it the honest way.
Food for thought about rip off Britain.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why do you think I'm a European now living in the US?

ip2night

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision confirmed in email to me that B&H Photo NYC is an authorized reseller . I went to the store and they have Hikvision in the red and white boxes. You can order it online also. The 2cd2032 is $150. On Aliexpress CCTV Camera Wholesale it is $136 (shipping free).

I don't see any advantage buying from CCTV Camera. Their website shows Hikivsion in the red and white boxes. Their prices are not competitive with B&H.
I purchased a 2cd2032 from Nellys Security for $150. It comes unbranded and in a brown box. It has CH in the serial number.
Hikvison will not offer support as Nelly's is an unauthorized dealer.

Are there any good deals for Hikvision (red and white boxes) on aliexpress ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision confirmed in email to me that B&H Photo NYC is an authorized reseller . I went to the store and they have Hikvision in the red and white boxes. You can order it online also. The 2cd2032 is $150. On Aliexpress CCTV Camera Wholesale it is $136 (shipping free).

I don't see any advantage buying from CCTV Camera. Their website shows Hikivsion in the red and white boxes. Their prices are not competitive with B&H.
I purchased a 2cd2032 from Nellys Security for $150. It comes unbranded and in a brown box. It has CH in the serial number.
Hikvison will not offer support as Nelly's is an unauthorized dealer.

Are there any good deals for Hikvision (red and white boxes) on aliexpress ?
The 2032 on ali is under 90 dollars...the fact that a seller has marked it up is meaningless.
Nellys sells US region cameras...if you purchased a camera from that is not us region you should contact them ASAP @RyanODan
There are lots of threads in the hikvision forum on where to purchase cameras from...

Last edited by a moderator:

ip2night

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman:
I'll see if I can find < $90.00 Hiki 2032 US version on Ali.

The hik 2030 from Nelly's has a the 'CH' serial. Hik says CH is a grey market product. I'm not sure how this differs from a US region camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman:
I'll see if I can find < $90.00 Hiki 2032 US version on Ali.

The hik 2030 from Nelly's has a the 'CH' serial. Hik says CH is a grey market product. I'm not sure how this differs from a US region camera.
You wont find any US hik on ali...the cams are all china region (except some of the new 4mp).....for users who use third party vms and could care less about the firmware updates, 90 vs 150 was a good deal....

wackid

n3wb
Reaction score
You wont find any US hik on ali...the cams are all china region (except some of the new 4mp).....for users who use third party vms and could care less about the firmware updates, 90 vs 150 was a good deal....
What's the benefits of a US or China region then?
It's just a camera... Right? Why it's region dependable?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What's the benefits of a US or China region then?
It's just a camera... Right? Why it's region dependable?
Hikvision locks it purposely so cameras dont flow from unauthorized china sellers to the US...the china sellers hack the firmware so it will be in English any subsequent attempt to update firmware will lock the camera.
Hikvision will no support or provide warranty for china region cameras.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No its CCTV Camera Wholesale - http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1187561

I am in New York

I messaged Joanna about the 6 cameras I wanted and the NVR. She put together a package price including shipping for me that was nicely discounted. I'm sure she would do the same for any of you guys as well.
Interesting, the store shows no stock on any cameras right now, or anything for that matter?

scot

n3wb
Reaction score
Do not purchase from aliexpress seriously!!!! I bought 15 pieces of cameras ds-2cd2632f-is and 2 NVR from aliexpress store couple days ago. Just to find the store was shut down two days ago. I do not know when my money will come back. I contacted aliexpress stuff, and i was told their store was pubished to shut down because of unauthorized distributing hikvision products.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do not purchase from aliexpress seriously!!!! I bought 15 pieces of cameras ds-2cd2632f-is and 2 NVR from aliexpress store couple days ago. Just to find the store was shut down two days ago. I do not know when my money will come back. I contacted aliexpress stuff, and i was told their store was pubished to shut down because of unauthorized distributing hikvision products.
Aliexpress is like eBay. It's full of scammers too.

Plenty of us have bought off of good sellers with no problems (or minor customs charges!).

Who did you buy from? That would be a better warning than just saying all of Aliexpress is bad!