ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

spoonek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
He doesn't specifically say that it won't work...but it might cause other issues if done this way.

Do you have parental controls on your existing router? A common use of this would be to block your kids phones/tablets/computers from accessing the internet after 9pm on a school night for example, but I used them to block all of my cameras from accessing the web 24/7.
Yes, LUMA can do this. Create a new "user" and assign the cameras to that user then “pause” internet access.

Last edited:

shorttimer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me I'm sure you can. Just not that familiar with networking. I got 2 of the Annke I61DR cams and after going back and forth between wireless and a network cable I was able to get wifi working with the Annke vision app. I wanted to get both working with the vision app before making any changes via the firmware. So I got the second one connected today with the network cable and used SADP to set up to just record contiuously. I made no other changes to anything. Tried to get it hooked up wirelessly and am having the same problems, it will not connect to the netwrk via wifi. I have been back and fo rthis resetting both of them a number of times and now can't get either one to connect via wifi. Using a network cable works fine. I went as far as downloading tinycam and that works as well with a cable but not wifi. Again this was working for a week and then I got into SADP to configure the recording scedule and add a second cam. I used a hotspot on my phone and that seemed to work okay via wifi. Anybody possibly point me to something I could check.
Thank you

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When the camera changes between WiFi and cable it likely gets a different IP address. Find this new IP address and set tinycam or whatever up to connect to the new address.

shorttimer

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks DavidDavid,

This is the deal and I'm sure I will get blasted by some but that is okay, I have thick skin.

The setup is for a cabin in the woods (actually mobile home) that I inherited. It has power and landline. I have internet to it but there is nothing at all on the internet except when we visit we use it but then take our laptops back. I was planning, because there is absolutely nothing on the internet, to just use the Annke Vision app. Flame on... I have a Centurylink C110Z Router which gets powercycled every night.

So anyway, I hooked up 1 on the I16DR cameras and all was well. Very pleased can view from anywhere. I went to set it up to record 24 X 7 just watching the animals in the front yard. When I got done using the SADP utility my wireless didn't work anymore so I don't know what happened.

This I can tell you - it works fine with the network cable. It also works fine when I used my phone to create a hotspot - that wireless works fine. But when I use the wireless from the router, now the camera has an issue. Like I said it was working fine for like 2 weeks until I set it to program 24X7 recording on the sd card using SADP. I have reset these cameras numerous times and always the same result. But being the wireless works fine using my phone as a hotspot and not with the router I'm wondering if it can be a router setting. Possible?

Thanks

shorttimer

n3wb
Reaction score
You should see both cable and wifi connections with the SADP tool, that will tell you the IP address, if it's getting one.
Thanks Gumby,

I will check this later today but I am certain that when trying to connect wireless SADP did not see the cam. SADP sees it fine when it is hooked up to the router via the network cable.

DMo

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way (via browser) to update the firmware without IE? No matter which browser I use on my MacBook Pro it won't work. The instructions on the Annke site say to use IE only if accessing via IP in the browser.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think that caveat is only if you need to see an image, which requires a plugin. for what it’s worth, I can see the configuration pages (and upgrade firmware option specifically) on Chrome Windows. I didn’t try it, however, since I used IVMS-4200 to activate and then upgrade the cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
does anyone have this camera working in QNAP Surveillance Station?

This is my first cam and I just got it installed this am and firmware updated to 5.4.5. I have adeed the camera in the QNAP as a DS-2CD2420F and when I press the TEST button, I get a msg "The System detected a mismatched camera model, please check again"

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's not a fatal error in Surveillance Station, and can be ignored.
The important thing is if it connects ok.

Reaction score
I think that caveat is only if you need to see an image, which requires a plugin. for what it’s worth, I can see the configuration pages (and upgrade firmware option specifically) on Chrome Windows. I didn’t try it, however, since I used IVMS-4200 to activate and then upgrade the cameras.

I couldn't see the image nor use the BROWSE button in Chrome. So I couldn't upload a new firmware file. Had to use IE and then the image showed up and could use the firmware update tool.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, that is what you first see, but you need to click near the top of the page to get to the configuration / setup area, then it works fine. To adjust the camera position , I used a tablet with TinyCam Monitor Pro.

Obviously I did not play with any of the video settings, since I had no image, but I did post a query asking for recommended changes here, but nobody responded.

BeerNut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was wondering who else snagged a refurbished unit. I ordered one and was thinking about purchasing more. Asked my partner about placement and I got the stink eye about us having more cameras in the house. Was going to order another one anyway for "sparing" but they were all gone.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
has anyone else noticed that the live view of this cam pulsates every second? or is it just me?

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I noticed that also but mostly only on highest quality setting
At least I am not alone. Any idea of how to fix it and stay at highest quality? My cams record 24/7 so it is super annoying that it pulsates the way it does. I feel like it is a defective camera. My official HIK cube does not do this.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Set your cam to 1080 match your I frame rate to frame rate
Eg 20fps I frame rate set to 20
I will go away

n3wb
Reaction score
That's the latest that they have. They don't have anything listed for firmware updates for this cam on their site but they'll send a link by email:

www.annke.com/document/firmware/I61DR/20161112/digicap.dav
For the benefit of anyone wanting to update their Annke cameras, **IT IS POSSIBLE** using standard English Hikvision R2 firmware files.

I just completed the following series of updates:
5.3.5 --> 5.4.0
5.4.0 --> 5.4.3
5.4.3 --> 5.4.5

Using the R2 EN STD firmware files from this directory.
This seems to be the latest ANNKE version firmware now, but is it older than the Hikvision 5.4.5?

www.annke.com/document/firmware/I61DR/170321.zip