ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

consort

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks digger

as i suspected, they concluded that unless my nas can cap the share size well under 500gb or less, so i'm out of luck.
i could throw a small hdd into my win10 pc and define a nas running in the background using "manage storage spaces",
so if i experiment with that and have any success, i'll know what thread to post it on (unfortunately you can't use a usb flash drive).
there is a crazy method where i could define timemachine cloud via my nas, and limit it's size that way, but to hell with that idea.
meantime i'm going to test the ftp client ability of the camera to make it easier to get files off the microsd and onto a win10 pc
running an ftp server instance to enjoy having redundant storage (microsd+win10hdd) will post any success i have with that here.

meantime i would REALLY like to find an smartphone app that enables me to "Playback"
video clips on a smartphone after i get an email notice that an alarm event has occurred.
i'm getting to the point where i may email annke or hikvision support with my dismay...

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks digger

as i suspected, they concluded that unless my nas can cap the share size well under 500gb or less, so i'm out of luck.
i could throw a small hdd into my win10 pc and define a nas running in the background using "manage storage spaces",
so if i experiment with that and have any success, i'll know what thread to post it on (unfortunately you can't use a usb flash drive).
there is a crazy method where i could define timemachine cloud via my nas, and limit it's size that way, but to hell with that idea.
meantime i'm going to test the ftp client ability of the camera to make it easier to get files off the microsd and onto a win10 pc
running an ftp server instance to enjoy having redundant storage (microsd+win10hdd) will post any success i have with that here.

meantime i would REALLY like to find an smartphone app that enables me to "Playback"
video clips on a smartphone after i get an email notice that an alarm event has occurred.
i'm getting to the point where i may email annke or hikvision support with my dismay...
Lol Hikvision won't support you...stop being cheap use an nvr or vms..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
staff here should know better than to use acronyms on newbies...

anyway, annke BETTER support me - i bought it direct from them!
newbies should know better than to be spoon fed....google.
awww, so cute, you think that you spent 50 dollars with a chinese company and now they will provide you with top level support...youll find out soon enough...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
staff here should know better than to use acronyms on newbies...
WTF?

Did you sprain your brain on your previous use of nas, LAN, ftp, NTSC, PAL, pc, gui, HDD, usb, PIR, DVR and the like? Got room for IP, POE, smtp, wan, ac, dc, poe, cmos, WDR, awb? Don't forget, POS, PITA, SOL, LOL IMO and WTF!

C'mon, man!:blankstare:

consort

n3wb
Reaction score
hikvision support opened a ticket but only sent me a canned reply
full of links to general faqs around their websight - no surprise there.

annke support got back to me within 24 hours or 2pm china time,
and seemed to be an actual human addressing my specific inquiry,
so more than most posting here had expected.

despite me giving them all the access credentials to my camera
so they could test their app to my camera even from china,
all they gave me thus far was a link to how to set up their app;
Annke KB - How to set up camera by annke vision without an ethernet cable?
not much more support than i expected, BUT it gave me an idea...

i can save the hours of config work i've already done using;
configuration, maintenance, export, device parameters
then factory reset the camera, THEN try to sync it to their app.

if that works, i'll then have to reverse engineer what setting
- when clearly it's working great already.

if it doesn't work, then i'll continue from the factory reset state
sending screenshots to support from my browser and android
till we get to the bottom of this conflict.

the reason i even bother is the video in the link shows the
Playback screen (of saved video clips) working, so hope lives!

frankly this whole - registering the camera to an online account and camera serial number
hiding ALL the various camera model and network settings (which tinycam does not hide)
makes trouble shooting this app 10 times harder than it needs to be, but whatever.
probably the chinese attempt at spying on you under the guise of being "idiot proof"

Last edited:

consort

n3wb
Reaction score
i was about to factory reset my camera in hopes of getting it to work with annke's app
when something very fundamental occurred to me.

once it's working on my local lan, will it then allow me to change the ip: port
so then i can access my camera remotely while roaming away from home.

considering how the app seems to keep those settings hidden (unlike tinycam)
i emailed annke support again and asked that basic question, namely;
can i change the apps access to my camera from an ip: on my local lan
(once it's proven working) to a roaming wan ip/domain and port.
i got an answer back 3 hours later (9pm friday night china time)

Sorry you cannot change the ip address of the camera on the annke app.

well, i guess that's it then... no point in proceeding further,
since it's unlikely hikvision's version of this will work any differently,
and since the saved clip Playback screen is probably proprietary to them
it's also unlike any generic ip cam viewer will work to replay them either.
i guess i should be grateful i can still do it using the win10/ie11 based gui
from anywhere, as long as i have the wan ip: port and camera credentials.

damn, i feel so deflated by this effort hitting a brick wall.
oh well, as was posted earlier,
can't expect that much from a $50 chinese rebranded camera.

at least i can still pursue the < 500gb NAS automatic clip write idea or
the FTP manual copy idea, and will post later if i have success with them.
i've already gotten the iVMS-4200 Client to download the clips from the microSD
but I would like to find another way, preferably something that works unattended.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i was about to factory reset my camera in hopes of getting it to work with annke's app
when something very fundamental occurred to me.

damn, i feel so deflated by this effort hitting a brick wall.
oh well, as was posted earlier,
can't expect that much from a $50 chinese rebranded camera.
Hi Consort,

Are you talking about his particular model camera?
( the one this thread is about: ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone) )

IF so have you tried to reflash it with the Hikvision firmware?
( I didn't see it on a quick pass through your notes )

Thank You

consort

n3wb
Reaction score
have you tried to reflash it with the Hikvision firmware?
of course - getting to 5.4.5 in stages is the first thing i did after first plugging in the camera.
i only post here hoping someone had gotten a clip Playback capable app working by now.
i guess most people here simply use these cheap cameras for live monitoring not recorded.

i've "mastered" this camera - and got it working with generic ip cam apps, event alarms record clips and send email,
it's their tight lidded annke android app i'm stuck on because it will only configure using their SN# registration servers.
i now wonder if the annke vision app registration depends on that old firmware chinese exploit hole to work properly...

anyway, i emailed annke support with screens of the camera network setting after a factory reset,
and screens of where their app keeps failing, so hopefully they'll have some idea
short of me having to rollback the firmware to that old original 5.3.5 mess.
i'll have to be patient now - probably won't hear back from them till Monday if at all.

i asked them for the ip: port of their registration server (fat chance they'll know or tell me)
just in case my router or dns has it blocked or blacklisted somehow.
i packet sniffed my phone during the annke registration with the camera process,
but it was mostly touching typical dns google and amazon hosting.
over the weekend i may take the camera and my android 7 phone to a neighbor
and see if i have any better luck with their ancient router and slow 2.4 only wifi.

Last edited:

consort

n3wb
Reaction score
Dank - thank you SOOOO much for posting your microSD recorded clip Playback working android app solution!
Hik-Connect - Android Apps on Google Play

Hik Connect 3.3.1 (which requires email registration, admin pw, encryption key) worked :winktongue:
and i can finally PLAYBACK alarm trigger clips - you saved me a weekend of experimenting.

I'm going to need to do this on an iPhone so I'll post about that once I get my hands on one.
Hik-Connect on the App Store

it will only view clips that were recorded with the current IP address.
good to know - i reserved a static ip address for both the wifi 2.4 and ethernet when i first noticed they each had unique MACs.
oddly enough, i'm able to playback clips while wired (1.150) even though they were written to the microSD over wifi2.4 (1.151),
so whatever the issue, i'm glad i dodged that bullet (even though i'll reformat the microSD before the final install).

so Dank, I owe you one... what I'll do is work on getting the NAS connection to work to a NAS emulated <128gb volume in Win10,
and I'll post about my how to once i succeed and can nail down all the particulars. even though i won't use this NAS method,
it's a proof of concept for when I'm ready to upgrade my real hardware NAS to a model that include setting gb share limits.
my current nas is old and slow (adequate as a 720p H.264 DVR) so this may be a good excuse to upgrade to something better,
since i want to record camera clips at 1080p to make it easier to recognize faces and what people carry through my doorway.

later observations: (once i restored my saved config file after a factory reset)
anyone reading this app issue still having problems, keep the following in mind;
you must keep the following enabled in the camera console for the app to work;
Advanced Settings / Platform Access / Mode: Hik-Connect
the verification code used here must match the one used to setup Hik Vision app.

after hik vision app works - i made these changes from factory default with the
assumption that they may improve my cameras privacy and exploitation exposure.
Network / Basic Settings / TCPIP / Lan / DHCP unchecked(disabled) is Ethernet MAC
i then manually entered the ipv4 address, subnet, gateway i set in my lan router
Network / Basic Settings / TCPIP / Wlan / DHCP unchecked(disabled) is Wifi2.4 MAC
i then manually entered the ipv4 address, subnet, gateway i set in my lan router
Network / Basic Settings / NAT / unchecked(disabled) Enable UPnP
despite these disables, my single annke camera and hik vision app continues to work
even while roaming beyond my local lan/isp *
i'm of the belief that when it comes to networking, only enable what you actually need.
* if you use ip cam or tinycam app, you may need to setup port forwarding on the router,
in order for them to safely work while roaming. i prefer not using UPnP in my router.

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
such a basic little cam can cause a huge head ache in the wrong format
Hikvision matches hikvision
Dahua matches dahua, then there’s why won’t this frigging work with this lol
Love it

emersonvier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

skywaytp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,
“The dog ate my homework, Miss” as some of us said to our teacher in grade school. You great guys made me purchased two of these cams…KKK. I’m testing one and experiencing the following:

1. Router shows two different ip addresses depending on how the camera is connected via wire or wifi.
2. I have a microSD card in the camera for storing the footage. I tested the camera’ recording capabilities under:

a) "Configuration" -> "Basic Event" -> "PIR Alarm" -> tick "Enable" and from "Linkage Method" tick "Upload to FTP/Memory Card/NAS"
b) "Configuration" -> "Basic Event" -> "Motion Detection" -> tick "Enable Motion Detection" and from "Linkage Method" tick "Upload to FTP/Memory Card/NAS"

I detached the microSD and realized that only when the footage is recorded under “PIR Alarm” it can be played using a third party program (VLC, Window Player…). The footage recording under “Motion Detection” cannot be read by programs on my computer. Although, both formats can be accessed and viewed in the “Play back” option of the camera.

3. No matter how different ways I tried including “hard reset”, I could not obtain Audio FROM the camera. I’m using TinyCam Pro.
4. The pulse continues until I set Frame Rate 10, I Frame Interval 50 with the max resolution of 1920x1080.

I would appreciate if anyone of you can advise me how to set up Email Notification. Should I provide all sensitive email information (account/password) under Authentication? I don’t want such info available online under this camera’s setting.

Thanks a bunch.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,
“The dog ate my homework, Miss” as some of us said to our teacher in grade school. You great guys made me purchased two of these cams…KKK. I’m testing one and experiencing the following:

1. Router shows two different ip addresses depending on how the camera is connected via wire or wifi.
2. I have a microSD card in the camera for storing the footage. I tested the camera’ recording capabilities under:

a) "Configuration" -> "Basic Event" -> "PIR Alarm" -> tick "Enable" and from "Linkage Method" tick "Upload to FTP/Memory Card/NAS"
b) "Configuration" -> "Basic Event" -> "Motion Detection" -> tick "Enable Motion Detection" and from "Linkage Method" tick "Upload to FTP/Memory Card/NAS"

I detached the microSD and realized that only when the footage is recorded under “PIR Alarm” it can be played using a third party program (VLC, Window Player…). The footage recording under “Motion Detection” cannot be read by programs on my computer. Although, both formats can be accessed and viewed in the “Play back” option of the camera.

3. No matter how different ways I tried including “hard reset”, I could not obtain Audio FROM the camera. I’m using TinyCam Pro.
4. The pulse continues until I set Frame Rate 10, I Frame Interval 50 with the max resolution of 1920x1080.

I would appreciate if anyone of you can advise me how to set up Email Notification. Should I provide all sensitive email information (account/password) under Authentication? I don’t want such info available online under this camera’s setting.

Thanks a bunch.
First thing, Have you updated the firmware from the links earlier in this thread?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Also use the hikvision player VS player down load from the Europe web portal
It’s the only one I’ve found that plays the audio it has a merge tool and convert tool that will allow you to convert the file to play with vlc

skywaytp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also use the hikvision player VS player down load from the Europe web portal
It’s the only one I’ve found that plays the audio it has a merge tool and convert tool that will allow you to convert the file to play with vlc
Thanks Marku2,
The strange thing is whenever it was recorded under PIR, I was able to play the file via VLC.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Regarding two Both Ethernet and Wi-Fi MAC addresses, that is normal. You can disable Wi-Fi if not using it, so you won’t see the MAC address.

I also had the no audio problem from TinyCam Monitor Pro on one of my three units. When I deleted and re-added the camera to TinyCam Monitor Pro, the audio started working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

skywaytp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Regarding two Both Ethernet and Wi-Fi MAC addresses, that is normal. You can disable Wi-Fi if not using it, so you won’t see the MAC address.

I also had the no audio problem from TinyCam Monitor Pro on one of my three units. When I deleted and re-added the camera to TinyCam Monitor Pro, the audio started working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks giomania,
I tried that after last night when I saw your post, but it did not work. I personally have found Hik Connect is a better app since it allows me to view what recorded on the microSD card in the camera. In addition, Hik Connect still sends me push notification while Tinnycam Monitor Pro does not (only when it is fully open). For a basic app that most of the people need, I think Hik Connect is a winner available for free.