ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I was thinking if the latest ANNKE version could be new, since the .dav file date is from March 2017 and Hikvision is from January. Also .zip names like 170321 vs. 170123. It would be nice if those zip packages includes change log or something. o_O

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The digicap.dav file within is dated 21Mar17 which does match the zipfile name.
Hikvision's stock IPC_R2_EN_STD_5.4.5_170123 firmware is dated 23Jan17

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes that is what I saw too - I was just wondering from Your earlier note "firmware header indicates it is version 5.3.5" that the new linked ANNKE version is actually older than one could think by looking at the file dates. There is no way to see from .dav file that what is the version number?

w3ss

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI - just in case anyone is looking for a slight discount, there is currently a working 10% off code for this ( Feb 2018, not certain how long it will last )

"10% off worked form me: sdfd3"
Thanks. Max $15 off it seems so split your order if you're getting more

emin-j

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys newbie here :) I’ve just ordered the Annke camera from Amazon and came across this thread whilst doing the usual research, me being an old fart have found the process of updating the firmware a little unclear.
Would someone be kind enough to give me an easy to follow step by step guide of what I need to do to get this camera up and running on WiFi, for example do I use the Annke software for the latest firmware or Hikvision software, is this downloaded to my pc and flashed from my pc to camera ? I need help ;)
Tia.

Reaction score
FYI - just in case anyone is looking for a slight discount, there is currently a working 10% off code for this ( Feb 2018, not certain how long it will last )

"10% off worked form me: sdfd3"
can't seem to get that discount on Amazon....
do you have a link?

Reaction score
I got 5 of these today and went through updating the 3 firmware versions. 4 of the 5 went fine, but one of them, after the first update got stuck on rebooting. After 20 minutes I unpugged it and plugged it back in. Now I cant access it by IP anymore.. but I was able to view the camera in the Annke app (but the app wont let you see or change any settings). I tried holding the reset button >30 seconds but nothing seemed to happen.

Any ideas on getting into the settings on this camera?

Reaction score
Anyone know the settings for the video stream to get the roku app "IP Camera Viewer" to work? The app asks for a MJPEG Link (motion-jpeg) link... So frustrating how this info isn't ever readily available on IP cameras.

**edit... it isnt supported because it doesnt output mjpeg.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just picked up a couple of these to add to my system, with these 2 being inside.

Noted that when migrating over to the hikvision firmware, the web GUI software would not allow the browse button to work in any browser other than internet explorer 11. This had its own issues however that it would not update.
Using the iVMS-42100 windows client i was able to fumble my way through adding the camera and getting it updated to latest hikvision firmware.
Happy with the cams thus far.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got 5 of these today and went through updating the 3 firmware versions. 4 of the 5 went fine, but one of them, after the first update got stuck on rebooting. After 20 minutes I unpugged it and plugged it back in. Now I cant access it by IP anymore.. but I was able to view the camera in the Annke app (but the app wont let you see or change any settings). I tried holding the reset button >30 seconds but nothing seemed to happen.

Any ideas on getting into the settings on this camera?
Did you try using the HikVision iVMS-4200 client?

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My Iprobot3 finally died so I got one of these and big difference in video quality. I hang on to stuff way too long if it is still working. I just got rid of the old 36" cathode ray tv from the kids room last week. :embarrassed:
Thanks to VorlonFrog for the update links.

Reaction score
Did you try using the HikVision iVMS-4200 client?
I did and it worked in there. I am now able to connect that camera to BI, but it keeps disconnecting in a cycle every minute or so.. gets upto 20fps and then slows down to 0FPS, back to 20, back to 0.

Annke provided me with a firmware update I have NOT tried yet. Ive already done the 3 Hiki firmware updates..

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did and it worked in there. I am now able to connect that camera to BI, but it keeps disconnecting in a cycle every minute or so.. gets upto 20fps and then slows down to 0FPS, back to 20, back to 0.

Annke provided me with a firmware update I have NOT tried yet. Ive already done the 3 Hiki firmware updates..
Wired or Wifi?

consort

n3wb
Reaction score
does anyone remember where the pal:ntsc setting is? i remember changing it - now i can't find it again.

i'm trying to get rid of this annoying pulse effect - and matching frame=i.frame does not seem to fix it.

n3wb
Reaction score
^ Configuration -> Image -> Display Settings -> Video Adjustment -> Video Standard

consort

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks 5252

the pulsing persists, but at least i know i've tried everything...

new question;

has anyone gotten their i61dr to dvr video files (triggered by motion) to the microSD or to a local network NAS ?

I do not want to have to run any sort of DVR app on a PC or my NAS console,
rather I want the camera itself to write the files directly to available storage.

i already have a 32gb U1 microSD card loaded and formatted by the camera
but i can't figure out how to designate it as the path for writing video files.

i also can't get my NAS recognized as the camera's "Net HDD", every test i try yields;
Mounting to NAS server failed. Invalid directory or incorrect user name/password.

i setup my h.264 tv tuner to dvr to my nas, so i have a pretty good idea how it should work.

bottom line is - i got my new camera to work great for live streaming from any roaming client,
what i want to do now is get the dvr features to actually work, and i seem to keep dead ending.
i can't even get this thing to dvr to a local path on my pc while running either the web client,
however it does seem to work manually on-demand using the ivms4200 client - big whoop...
with filenames like: 20180219_20180219031104_20180219031131_031105.mp4

Last edited:

consort

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks 5252 - obviously i have been reviewing the manual long before posting (the 1mp and 3mp hikvision manuals are the same)
regardless, for someone not already familiar with security and alarm system gui, getting anything to work here can be frustrating.

no matter what, it refuses to accept my nas, but the good news is so far i've managed to record 2gbs of 720p10ffp video to the microsd,
but even that is a headache. first, the microsd is some form of proprietary formatting so when i physically move it to another device
all it sees is a formatted partition but nothing else, so the only way i can view what's on the microsd is using the gui's own Playback tab.
kind of annoying is there is no form of microsd file manager in the gui, so i'm left with having to reformat the card in the gui as
the only way to erase old videos. at least there's a Exception HDD Full trigger that can send me an email ** when the card fills up.

the fact that i can't get the nas to work is also a deal killer because i need to be able to have the files saved away from the camera
otherwise someone could simply steal the camera and the microsd files contained within that attest to the break in.
under net hdd i'm using the same syntax the manual does; server address is an IP : (no port), file path is \\server\user\folder
i've tried mounting type smb/cifs with a login/password account, and nfs using a public wide open account, and still no joy,
this to a server i already have a tuner dvr recording tv shows, and pc users backing up their boot drives to, so it should be easy.

if anyone with the annke or hikvision has the Storage, Storage Management, Net HDD page working with an actual LAN based NAS,
I sure would love to see a screen shot conforming it,
because whatever I try shows up on the HDD Management page as grayed out and Status:Offline.
the only thing i can think of is my NAS has a 4TB capacity,
so maybe this camera (limited to 128gb microsd) can't comprehend such a volume of space,
yet no such limitations seem to be discussed anywhere in the manual.

more good news... i got both PIR alarm trigger and Motion Detection triggers to work. one thing i noticed is you must define and save a "Draw Area" before Motion Detection works reliably. also cool is the PIR and Motion triggered email subject differently so the recipient can make that distinction when bothering to notice them.

** i got the email working - hoorah! if you use gmail, you will need to lower the security level on your account to allow for "less secure" devices to access your account. my guess - google is just doing that for legal reasons, since the camera properly supports encryption and authentication. i also tested the email photo frame attachment - which is kind of worthless because it may not be the frame with the intruder, but it's something at least. anyway, the good news is a motion/ir alarm trigger does send an email all from the camera's software - which is what i had hoped for.

TDLR; everything i wanted to work - is working, EXCEPT the NAS storage connection *sigh*

NEW QUESTION:
tinycam free works fine to live view the cam while roaming, so the question is - what android or iphone app can approximate the "Playback" section of the windows ie11 based gui client. i tried the ivms-4500 (and annke vision and 9 digit sn) on google play store and no matter what i do (even over the wifi of my local network, even at 720p and 512kbps encoding ) i get "Receiving data from the device timed out". anyone come up with a solution? i see this hikvision app has a "Remote Playback" section that tinycam can't do, so I'd really like to be able to get this thing working so when i get an email alert i can review the device's microsd recorded footage while roaming. i even registered with "Hik-Connect" and it still times out to my camera even over my local LAN which is ridiculous considering the wifi is like 150mbps here. just seems retarded of both annke and hikvision to have supply useless apps while tinycam free can do it first time out.

Last edited: