ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wouldnt be able to answer that since I only have the Annke 2MP cams.
I dont see why it WOULDNT work as long as the firmware is 5.3.5, but once again, no guarantee's, so do not hold me responsible for any wrong-doings
Yea I have the Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW and it has the same issue with special characters in wifi SSID.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any recommendations? The Annke I had is no longer sold and this hikvision has the special characters limitations in the SSID

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any recommendations? The Annke I had is no longer sold and this hikvision has the special characters limitations in the SSID

The annke would have the same special character limitation as it is a hikvision camera. Solution? Stop using special characters.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The annke would have the same special character limitation as it is a hikvision camera. Solution? Stop using special characters.
No the firmware for the Annke fixed it.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's too bad there isn't an equivalent replacement of this ANNKE. Since it was discontinued it's been hard to find good indoor cameras in the $40-60 range.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
then the firmware for the hik will fix it. Annke does not make any firmware. Hik makes it all.
The stock firmware on the hikvision I had did not. The question was which firmware did I need to flash or can I flash the sane as on my Annke?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The stock for ware on the hikvision I had did not. The question was which firmware did I need to flash or can I flash the sane as on my Annke?

because it was an earlier firmware. Just update to the latest unless your camera is a china cam.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
because it was an earlier firmware. Just update to the latest unless your camera is a china cam.
I think it was. I returned and went for the English version.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
China cams can be English...you want a world/international or us region
I'll have to check. I'm not sure. The firmware was the latest but as you.mentioned my first was the Chinese version.

gtj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

Since the Annke Cube camera is not available any more, can anyone please recommend a good budget alternative?

Many thanks

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

Since the Annke Cube camera is not available any more, can anyone please recommend a good budget alternative?

Many thanks
Look one post up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: gtj

gtj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Look one post up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Already seen that. Thank you.
I was looking for a general consensus with regards to recommendations for a successor to the Annke Cube.

gtj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You were pointed to it.
It's not clear if this specific one has WiFi capability. From what I can see, the model K55s definitely has, however is a lot more pricey.

Given the above, I'm wondering if there's any other option?

emersonvier

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's not clear if this specific one has WiFi capability. From what I can see, the model K55s definitely has, however is a lot more pricey.

Given the above, I'm wondering if there's any other option?
Only K35S has WiFi.

Reactions: gtj