ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not 100% sure if tinyCam supports audio from those cams, you could try to test it if you are already using tinyCam. We use these - https://www.amazon.com/VTech-DM221-2-Vibrating-Sound-Alert-Intercom/dp/B007NG5UF4?th=1 for audio in our kids room. You can adjust the sensitivity and volume. When we hear the boys start making sounds we just grab our phone and use IP Cam viewer and determine if we need to go in and check on them.

We use some cheap Foscams I bought years ago and IP Cam Viewer supports audio to and from them. I can try to test one of my Annke Cubes and see if IP Cam Viewer supports audio.
I'm sure it was reported earlier in this thread that it doesnt.

But the whole idea of using this cam is that it' a all in one solution and don't really want to be having to use separate intercomms and the like when really the cam and it' own app should just work as it' supposed to

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm sure it was reported earlier in this thread that it doesnt.

But the whole idea of using this cam is that it' a all in one solution and don't really want to be having to use separate intercomms and the like when really the cam and it' own app should just work as it' supposed to
I completely understand. We looked at the same solution but realized we didn't want a device/display with audio constantly on because every time one of the boys made a minor sound it would wake us up. That's why we opted for the audio monitor with adjustable sensitivity. I am in the same situation with my wife when it comes to what app she uses. I will check tonight and let you know how the Annke Cam works with IP Cam Viewer app. You could also try the OWLR IP Cam Viewer App - OWLR IP Camera Viewer Apps for Foscam, DLink and Axis Cams - OWLR I think it's free. My wife uses it on our IPad. I will check that one as well and see if it supports audio.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I completely understand. We looked at the same solution but realized we didn't want a device/display with audio constantly on because every time one of the boys made a minor sound it would wake us up. That's why we opted for the audio monitor with adjustable sensitivity. I am in the same situation with my wife when it comes to what app she uses. I will check tonight and let you know how the Annke Cam works with IP Cam Viewer app. You could also try the OWLR IP Cam Viewer App - OWLR IP Camera Viewer Apps for Foscam, DLink and Axis Cams - OWLR I think it's free. My wife uses it on our IPad. I will check that one as well and see if it supports audio.
That would be very much appreciated

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That would be very much appreciated
Just tested IP Cam Viewer and audio works to and from the camera. Entered the Make: Hikvision Model: Hikvision IP Camera (active-x).

You may still want to try tinyCam and maybe select a camera they support audio for.

I think OWLR will only work if you are running the cam over WiFi. I run mine on poe.

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tinycam pro supports audio. The dev chimed in a page or two ago...just use the hikvision camera setting was the solution I believe.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks to the above 2 postars

I'l try them out as I already have tiny cam pro.

It still doesn' resolve the issue of their own app not allowing the cams to connect at 1080p which is the advertised 2mp

If you lower the res to 720p it connects

Their customer service/tech department are useless their first advise was to use annke view app instead.
Then their second response when I clearly said it worked on their in the first place is can you send us a picture of it not connecting!! WTF.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can somebody who has this camera try the annke vision app at 1080p and see if it will connect at full res full bandwidth. Preferably with a Ethernet wired connection

I can' believe for 1 minute that they would release a camera and app that are incomparable at its advertised resolution

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can somebody who has this camera try the annke vision app at 1080p and see if it will connect at full res full bandwidth. Preferably with a Ethernet wired connection

I can' believe for 1 minute that they would release a camera and app that are incomparable at its advertised resolution
I don't think anyone would buy any other camera from Annke but since this is a Hik Clone we bought them with no intension of ever using their app. I can test it out but won't be able to do it until late tonight if no one else can test it before then.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks to the above 2 postars

I'l try them out as I already have tiny cam pro.

It still doesn' resolve the issue of their own app not allowing the cams to connect at 1080p which is the advertised 2mp

If you lower the res to 720p it connects

Their customer service/tech department are useless their first advise was to use annke view app instead.
Then their second response when I clearly said it worked on their in the first place is can you send us a picture of it not connecting!! WTF.
On a phone screen, you will not see any appreciable difference between 1080p and 720p.
It's possible it's your phone that can't handle the 1080p.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks fellas I've sorted it I think I've had another one turn up today for the other kids room (ordered before issues with the first)
That worked no problem so I did a full factory reset and it seems to have sorted it out.

I agree with above it' only been purchased as it' a hik inside I wouldn' but y one of their own

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On a phone screen, you will not see any appreciable difference between 1080p and 720p.
It's possible it's your phone that can't handle the 1080p.
I' tried it on all 3 of my devices and 2 galaxy s8's and tab so I knew they could handle it
Their app reverts quality to basic if it can' show the higher res anyway.
But a full factory reset sorted it.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I take that back it' not fixed in the app.
Anything set in the web go over 720p and 512kbps encoding the app won't connect to it

Confirmed that with 2 of these now.

I'e ditched the app and used the view app which works fine with then set to whatever and got the all good from the wife.
So with that I daren' start messing about with them now haha

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I take that back it' not fixed in the app.
Anything set in the web go over 720p and 512kbps encoding the app won't connect to it

Confirmed that with 2 of these now.

I'e ditched the app and used the view app which works fine with then set to whatever and got the all good from the wife.
So with that I daren' start messing about with them now haha
For this current project if you have it working and it is wife approved you are good to go. haha :rofl: Time for the next project.

nmatese

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for something similiar to this that is outdoor ready? Not interested in any turrets. Or waterproofing these?

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for something similiar to this that is outdoor ready? Not interested in any turrets. Or waterproofing these?
What functions of this camera are you wanting in a different camera (2 way audio, PIR, alarm function, WiFi, etc.)? Where do you plan on putting the camera? Are you running Blue Iris or an NVR?

nmatese

n3wb
Reaction score
What functions of this camera are you wanting in a different camera (2 way audio, PIR, alarm function, WiFi, etc.)? Where do you plan on putting the camera? Are you running Blue Iris or an NVR?
Yes I am running BI, potentially looking for WiFi but mostly the small inconspicuous form factor and pretty solid IR ability.

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IPC-HDBW4231F-AS

Not WiFi but WiFi is generally unreliable.
It has built in Mic but only 1 way audio.
It's a Starlight so should be great at night.
Mini wedge dome so small form factor.

Front door ID camera IPC-HDBW4231F?

You can paint it to blend in.