ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So it turns out that this Annke I61DR camera has a tripod compatible female fitting on the back of the camera, which means it can be mounted on most standard tripods (I believe that standard is 1/4-20 which means 1/4” with 20 threads per inch), as shown in the photos below. Although — on my El Cheapo brand tripod — I’ll have to modify (cut) the tripod mount so that the ethernet cable and/or the power adapter cable will fit. Photos below...

9029A9C4-954F-4CFD-841A-968F1F507297.jpeg

D46C74E3-1903-4774-8200-4C2931737095.jpeg

0A7A06C5-9706-42A7-9B28-D35CAC9E6B4C.jpeg

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like those "Ambico" tripods can be had for $20.00 on ebay...you just have to make certain that you purchase one that allows you to make a cut-out for the ethernet and/or power adapter cable.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how would this be outside my front door in a covered porch area, to be used wifi to capture faces of people at the door?...My Dahua cams are great for people as they approach the door, but don't have good visibility once they're there.....ideal solution would be a BlueIris compatible doorbell, but doesn't sound like those options are quite there yet.
FYI - I picked up a Dahua mini-dome wedge and installed it next to the front door, 2.8mm lens - works very well, and it is vandal resistant case and dome.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It seems to work, but I've only had it running for a total of 24 hours over the months since you sent it to me bro.

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My WiFi and LAN ports have different/unique IPv4 addresses!
If connected over WIFI only there is really no VPN access possible.
I had the same issue and looked into a bit today. If you go to the wireless tab the subnet mask and default gateway are incorrect. Or were for me anyway. Once I fixed this issue it works just the same over VPN as being at home just as you would expect.

Reaction score
I had the same issue and looked into a bit today. If you go to the wireless tab the subnet mask and default gateway are incorrect. Or were for me anyway. Once I fixed this issue it works just the same over VPN as being at home just as you would expect.
Thanks vor your reply and solution. In my case only the subnet mask was incorrect. After fixing this it still not works.
After enabeling to DHCP again, I got a new IP/Adress for the ANNKE and then it works over VPN as expected.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'e purchased one of these for a baby monitor but I'm having massive issues with it.

If I run it at 1080p then the camera won' connect to the annke vision app.
The camera is working as it sends notification pictures when alarm is activated but it just won' load in the app.
I'e tried it on 4 devices to rile the device out.
It works absolutely fine connected to the nvr and also the annke view app but the dedicated vision app it just won' load at 1080p

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did all the upgrades posted in previous pages and use the ivms-4500 app. Works great.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did all the upgrades posted in previous pages and use the ivms-4500 app. Works great.
That' the thing though
The specific app is geared more towards a cam monitor rather than a cctv cam app which is what I'm after as it's a lot more wife friendly to use you just click it and forget until ou turn it off
Ivms is fine for me but for the purpose of this specific cam the Mrs finds ivms clumsy

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That' the thing though
The specific app is geared more towards a cam monitor rather than a cctv cam app which is what I'm after as it's a lot more wife friendly to use you just click it and forget until ou turn it off
Ivms is fine for me but for the purpose of this specific cam the Mrs finds ivms clumsy
Have you looked at tinyCam PRO - tinyCam PRO - Swiss knife to monitor IP cam - Android Apps on Google Play

tinyCam Monitor | Home

Also, ip cam viewer PRO - IP Cam Viewer Pro - Android Apps on Google Play

Both should be wife friendly.

Last edited:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use tiny cam for another purpose and it is straight forward to use but I thought they didn' support audio from these cams as obviously it' a necessity with this particular usage
Not 100% sure if tinyCam supports audio from those cams, you could try to test it if you are already using tinyCam. We use these - https://www.amazon.com/VTech-DM221-2-Vibrating-Sound-Alert-Intercom/dp/B007NG5UF4?th=1 for audio in our kids room. You can adjust the sensitivity and volume. When we hear the boys start making sounds we just grab our phone and use IP Cam viewer and determine if we need to go in and check on them.

We use some cheap Foscams I bought years ago and IP Cam Viewer supports audio to and from them. I can try to test one of my Annke Cubes and see if IP Cam Viewer supports audio.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.