ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

After seeing @jerrysimon's post on this camera I thought I'd take a punt on it. So far so good, but thought I'd post my findings on it.

I bought it from Amazon UK for £56.

You can find the manufacturers page here.

Some quick stats.

Specifications:
  • Image Sensor: 1/2.8" Progressive Scan CMOS
  • Lens: 4mm@ F2.0, Angle of view: 85°
  • Day & Night: IR cut filter with auto switch
  • WDR: Digital WDR
  • Max. Resolution: 1920 × 1080
  • Image Enhancement: BLC/3D DNR/ROI
  • Video Compression: H.264/MJPEG
  • Audio input/output: Two-way audio (built-in microphone and speaker)
  • Network Storage: NAS, Built-in Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot, up to 128 GB
  • Wireless network: Wi-Fi(IEEE802.11b/g/n)
  • Network Standard: ONVIF,PSIA,CGI,ISAPI
  • Communication Interface: 1 RJ45 10M/100M Ethernet interface
  • PIR: Angle: 80°,Range: 10m
  • IR Range: 10 meters
  • Dimensions: 72.3×89.9×131.3 mm
The camera is very well packaged, as from these pictures.

IMG_20170922_174241.jpg IMG_20170922_174338.jpg

The camera was goes together with it's stand well.

IMG_20170922_174448.jpg
I quickly connected via a cable and set the Admin password, it then connected straight away to my HIK NVR, using the HIK Protocol.

After sticking it up in the kitchen, just while I play with it, albeit in a precarious place, I played with some settings.

IMG_20170922_174656.jpg IMG_20170922_174707.jpg

Here is a photo taken from the NVR.

192.168.1.202_03_20170922180106808.jpg

Setting the camera up via the NVR mostly works, I just cannot get the Smart Events to save via the NVR. I can set them up in the camera, but they don't link into the NVR, so no emails from there.

Firmware version is V5.3.5 build 161112, but I cannot see anywhere on the ANNKE support site their latest version, which I believe is the same, but cannot check.

Is this camera worth the money, yes it is. I will hopefully be dropping this into the garage at some point and I'm sure it'll work perfectly in there.

Thanks,

Paul

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That looks pretty good, great value for money considering all the features.
Does it match the Hikvision cube camera with alarm sounder and PIR motion detector?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That looks pretty good, great value for money considering all the features.
Does it match the Hikvision cube camera with alarm sounder and PIR motion detector?
It is the Hikvision DS-2CD2420F. Just relabeled for Annke. Features/firmware are the same just with Annke logo for graphics.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,
Firmware version is V5.3.5 build 161112, but I cannot see anywhere on the ANNKE support site their latest version, which I believe is the same, but cannot check.
That's the latest that they have. They don't have anything listed for firmware updates for this cam on their site but they'll send a link by email:

www.annke.com/document/firmware/I61DR/20161112/digicap.dav

I've been going back and forth with them for the last week or so trying to get them to get an update from Hikvision since this version is subject to the backdoor exploit. Not very responsive to date.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I am assuming then.that these little cube clones have custom digicap software written for them ?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been testing the cubes and these little hik balls.as the kids will need some baby monitors in six mths time.the last one my daughter bought you might as well watched the baby sleep,through a game boy screen.
There simple and easy to set up on the hik app and excellent (for a small room application) .

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
They don't have anything listed for firmware updates for this cam on their site but they'll send a link by email:
That link as far as I can see is for firmware for an R2 camera, with OEMCode=1 which is the default for normal Hikvision products.
Unfortunately the Hikvision EU portal seems to be down at the moment so I can't check the model number DS-2CD2420F against the R2 firmware.
I do have some 5.4.0 and 5.4.5 R2 firmware that looks like it's structured in the same way.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That link as far as I can see is for firmware for an R2 camera, with OEMCode=1 which is the default for normal Hikvision products.
Unfortunately the Hikvision EU portal seems to be down at the moment so I can't check the model number DS-2CD2420F against the R2 firmware.
I do have some 5.4.0 and 5.4.5 R2 firmware that looks like it's structured in the same way.
What does the R2 signify in Hikvisionese?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's just the name for a specific series of cameras, and if the Hik EU portal was up there would be a full range of firmware versions associated with that series to pick from.
I think it means that firmware for the Hikvision R2 series will work on that Annke camera directly, as the Annke firmware doesn't seem to have it's own OEM code, at least on the sample from your link. It does have the Annke logo.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
It's just the name for a specific series of cameras, and if the Hik EU portal was up there would be a full range of firmware versions associated with that series to pick from.
I think it means that firmware for the Hikvision R2 series will work on that Annke camera directly, as the Annke firmware doesn't seem to have it's own OEM code, at least on the sample from your link. It does have the Annke logo.
Thanks.

FWIW, I know that the version named IPC_2XX0_EN_STD_5.4.41_170309.zip linked from Hikvision in their notice does not install. Stops with the not the right version error.

The version v5.3.5 at the link above does install fine.

If that tells you anything.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
FWIW, I know that the version named IPC_2XX0_EN_STD_5.4.41_170309.zip linked from Hikvision in their notice does not install
Before I downloaded a copy to look at I was speculating as to possible cause for that, if the OEM code isn't the block, which you'd think it would be.
In several of the 5.4.41 firmwares, Hikvision have modified the firmware header structure, possibly to block the use of @montecrypto's hikpack tool.
The new header is 'double-wrapped' in a way that the public version of @montecrypto's tool does not support.
So to handle the updated header, the currently running version needs to be able to handle the new structure, and I wondered if the 5.3.5 was too old to do that.
This is one of the reasons Hikvision state that firmware updates must go through each intermediate version.

However - on inspecting IPC_2XX0_EN_STD_5.4.41_170309.zip that possible theory doesn't stand as it doesn't have the double-wrapped header.

But it may be that trying an R2 version closer to the 5.3.5 may be worth a go if you want to take the risk and try it.

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I notice the LED display is also different on this and my Hikvision Cube. Ther "Alarm" and "Status" both light blue on the Hikvision when powered up and working with the "Link" flashing on and off orange. On the Annke the Alam is blue, Status is not lit and link flashes orange ?

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 14.34.04.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 14.31.06.png

Last edited:

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is anyone using this with a HIK NVR and can you set the Smarts events up using the NVR, so you get email notifications etc?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Is anyone using this with a HIK NVR and can you set the Smarts events up using the NVR, so you get email notifications etc?
I'm using this on my test rig with motion but,only on my LAN,it runs thro the network to record to the nvr then I just look up what's happened.
Be careful with the pir alarm I thought that I was a just another sensor to pick up to record I was not aware it set off the in built speaker like a smoke alarm, I walked past it one morning at 4 am I nearly shit myself when it went off,I pulled the power as firing up the laptop was going to take a few minutes

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using this on my test rig with motion but,only on my LAN,it runs thro the network to record to the nvr then I just look up what's happened.
Be careful with the pir alarm I thought that I was a just another sensor to pick up to record I was not aware it set off the in built speaker like a smoke alarm, I walked past it one morning at 4 am I nearly shit myself when it went off,I pulled the power as firing up the laptop was going to take a few minutes
LOL, sorry but that made me laugh.. Thanks for the warning..

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lots of the great cameras around none are clones, just rebranded cheapest I've paid is £38 for a 2mp on good old AE

Reaction score
Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Can the PIR in these be used to trigger BI? Played with it some but doesn't seem to do it any way that I tried.

BTW, you can turn off the audible alarm (which as some of us have found out DOES work lol) under that same PIR tab - Linkage Method - Audible Warning.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can the PIR in these be used to trigger BI? Played with it some but doesn't seem to do it any way that I tried.

BTW, you can turn off the audible alarm (which as some of us have found out DOES work lol) under that same PIR tab - Linkage Method - Audible Warning.
Yes it can....i confirmed that it works.
enable ptz, in BI. Yes, sounds silly.
in camera, pir, linkage alarm output A>1..
then there is a separate tab to arm alarm output set 24/7
You can then tell BI to send any audio alert direct to the camera under alerts...I use a "welcome" wav file..