ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

motoolfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the benefit of anyone wanting to update their Annke cameras, **IT IS POSSIBLE** using standard English Hikvision R2 firmware files.

I just completed the following series of updates:
5.3.5 --> 5.4.0
5.4.0 --> 5.4.3
5.4.3 --> 5.4.5

Using the R2 EN STD firmware files from this directory.

Don't let the 5.4.5 "Raptor" name fool you. It's R2 under another name.

View attachment 22242
Will I need to upgrade on this order? Or do I need to do all these steps?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That longer "arm" of the mount also can be unscrewed and removed so that just the part up from the winged nut and cam are connected to the base/plate. Gives you a flatter mounting to a wall.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well. I'm impressed. Ordered on 10/25/17. Shipped 10/26/17. Arrived 11/1/17. The packing was superior and looked water tight. The retail packaging is Apple-like and of high quality; well thought out. The web interface is Hikvision...this is a rebranded Hikvision cube cam. I powered up the camera with a cable to a poe switch, started up the Hikvision SADP tool which saw the camera immediately. I configured the camera via IE11 and the camera's standard Hikvision interface and then configured the camera's internal WiFi to connect to my wireless network. I pulled the poe cable and then powered the camera via the included power adapter and used IE11 on my desktop to connect to the camera over WiFi.

Piece of Qake.

And that's Qake with a "Q" fellas...so you know it was a snap.

outtahere.gif

Annke01.jpg

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For the benefit of anyone wanting to update their Annke cameras, **IT IS POSSIBLE** using standard English Hikvision R2 firmware files.

I just completed the following series of updates:
5.3.5 --> 5.4.0
5.4.0 --> 5.4.3
5.4.3 --> 5.4.5

Using the R2 EN STD firmware files from this directory.

Don't let the 5.4.5 "Raptor" name fool you. It's R2 under another name.
Hey thanks brother...you made this easy! I used the same upgrade path, but I did it using the poe cable...I didn't have the balls to upgrade this firmware over the WiFi connection.
shitfan[1].gif

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After the first firmware update the "Annke" logo bites the dust and you see the standard Hikvision themed log-in and ui.

Last edited:

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone set up one of these in tinycam?
I can get a pic, but it takes a long time to come in and then cuts out after a short time. I think I tried almost all the hikvision cam choices just to see which one works better and they are all less than 5fps. Cam is set to 30.

Reaction score
Hey thanks brother...you made this easy! I used the same upgrade path, but I did it using the poe cable...I didn't have the balls to upgrade this firmware over the WiFi connection.
I figured if I included direct links to the firmware downloads, it might save a few people a LOT of searching and the possibility of botching it with the wrong firmware. :D
After the first firmware update the "Annke" logo bites the dust and you see the standard Hikvision themed log-in and ui.
That's interesting, mine retained the light blue Annke logo, while the remaining 95% of the screen is Hikvision red.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...although particularly disconcerting was this statement in the Quick Start Guide...

..."If smoke, or noise rise from the device, turn on [sic] the power at once and unplug the power cable, and contact the service center."...
This does not instill confidence of leaving this camera powered up in a deserted residence.

smiley5.gif

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ummm. I'm wondering how many times smoke or noise have arisen from these cameras that they felt they had to mention it. smiley22.gif

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like typical US lawyer-speak. "What, you didn't tell me I should unplug something that was shorting out? I must sue you for my stupidity when I left it plugged in and smoking and went out for the evening. My lawyers will sue for 10 billion dollars!"

All it takes is one idiot and/or one malfunction and suddenly everything needs a warning sticker.

Just wait for "Do not use for colonoscopy. Severe pain, bleeding, infection, and/or death may result."

Reaction score
I got mine last week! Updated it to 5.4.5 as suggested. Everything worked as expected.
There is only one annoying point. When conncted via WIFI I'm not able to get the live-stream over
vpn connection. Neither with my android phone nore with my ipad.
Live stream over VPN and LAN connected works as expected. Any idea?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone set up one of these in tinycam?
I can get a pic, but it takes a long time to come in and then cuts out after a short time. I think I tried almost all the hikvision cam choices just to see which one works better and they are all less than 5fps. Cam is set to 30.
Yes, no problems. I have two of them in Tinycam pro.