Best Cameras for under $150

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another one at a shopping center I put up around 20' in the air over looking parking lot and entrance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Another one at a shopping center I put up around 20' in the air over looking parking lot and entrance
holy shit, keep posting these horrific images, and thats with a TON of lighting

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The video I linked to was uploaded to youtube as well. You image looks like complete shit.
Might not be the $200 junk you have but I have yet to make any settings adjustments either, I am sure you messed with yours, give me time we will be equal but I pay less for the same if not better. Don't be jealous

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Might not be the $200 junk you have but I have yet to make any settings adjustments either, I am sure you messed with yours, give me time we will be equal but I pay less for the same if not better. Don't be jealous
You are a lying scammer. You have been busted for the fraud you are. Fixed starlight turrets are available for 100 bux.

Adamsdaddy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@ron351 & @Thomas
Please send one of your cameras to Fenderman or Looney for free to test. They have tested many cameras over the years. This would be an opportunity for someone with 100% credibility on this forum to examine the cameras. Not much of a capital outlay on Thomas's part.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@ron351 & @Thomas
Please send one of your cameras to Fenderman or Looney for free to test. They have tested many cameras over the years. This would be an opportunity for someone with 100% credibility on this forum to examine the cameras. Not much of a capital outlay on Thomas's part.
I dont want his camera. You need to understand that the video from the backyard is doctored. Think logically for a second, do you think that these china scammer has access to a sensor that can accomplish this for 30 dollars but the major players in china and the US dont? The cameras that can do this cost serious money.

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont want his camera. You need to understand that the video from the backyard is doctored. Think logically for a second, do you think that these china scammer has access to a sensor that can accomplish this for 30 dollars but the major players in china and the US dont? The cameras that can do this cost serious money.
I am telling you it is not doctored up and you will feel foolish when I get up to my sisters one night to prove it. Don't make yourself look like a fool until I say here is the proof, and when I do if you still claim it is doctored you will only be fooling yourself.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am telling you it is not doctored up and you will feel foolish when I get up to my sisters one night to prove it. Don't make yourself look like a fool until I say here is the proof, and when I do if you still claim it is doctored you will only be fooling yourself.
lol, you a kidding yourself. The image looks like crap and will look worse once there is movement.

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is what a dahua 5231 looks like. Note the car is traveling much faster than the people walking.
Talk about street light look at the light in yours. LOL Now show it in your back yard like I will at my sisters where there is no light, just a distant light and we can see how crappy yours does in very low light and no white light and no LEDs

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Talk about street light look at the light in yours. LOL Now show it in your back yard like I will at my sisters where there is no light, just a distant light and we can see how crappy yours does in very low light and no white light and no LEDs
That is not my footage. The images from your "sister's" backyard are 1) horrible 2) the fake daytime like image is manipulated by the camera firmware increasing the shutter to 1/3 or similar to get that effect. Any motion will result in blur.

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is not my footage. The images from your "sister's" backyard are 1) horrible 2) the fake daytime like image is manipulated by the camera firmware increasing the shutter to 1/3 or similar to get that effect. Any motion will result in blur.
Ok you know it all, superior to all on here, no need for me to prove you wrong, you just do not accept truth in what you see. Move on to the next post as I will. I am done and will appreciate what better image I have then you do. Good luck in the stone age of cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok you know it all, superior to all on here, no need for me to prove you wrong, you just do not accept truth in what you see. Move on to the next post as I will. I am done and will appreciate what better image I have then you do. Good luck in the stone age of cameras.
So what happened, you could not produce the video?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen some cams recently that overlay the IR image onto the low-light color image.
IE, even tho the cam is in color mode at night, it's ALSO picking up the IR to enhance the apparent brightness.
Use the IR 'brightness' to boost the color saturation and viola, looks like daytime (sort of).

But does that help you identify someone walking by? I dunno...

Reaction score
I'm curious as well about the new IPCT 2/4/8mp cams vs the trusted X231s. I'm torn since I do already have a Hik camera from the old house, but have a spot where I might trade off a smidge of low light performance for a better pixel count. Even though it's a little over $150, has anyone reviewed the 8MP IPC-HFW5831RE-I darkfighter? If it's nearly as good as a 2MP (which it looks to be on paper) I could get by with spending $180 instead of $250 on two separate cams.