Best monitoring app for (hikvision) ip cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
To get video from Blue Iris in tinyCam Monitor app you should give short names your cameras Cam1, Cam2... in Blue Iris.
I tested that and it still did not work. Also it would be nice if you can use any short name...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Alex,

I tested DS-2CD3Q10FD-IW and DS-2DC2202I-DE3/W selections and unfortunately no luck for PTZ controls in the new mini PTZ camera which uses Hikvision API or at least partially. I get Command Failed (503- Not implemented) error. Is there any chance for you to take a look at that and add support for it?

This is the cam:

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5456-Mini-PTZ-camera-impressions!-2015-PTZ-camera-of-the-year
Can you provide me a temporary access to your camera for troubleshooting?
http://tinycammonitor.com/contacts.html

Chiny

n3wb
Reaction score
I use motionPie which uses the tried/tested Linus motion software running on a Raspberry Pi. I use two 2CD2032-I; the first of which ran on the test bench for a couple of months and now has been running for some weeks in the real world - reliable. I've just bought another Hikvision and upgraded the sofware, despite the Chinese config, it is running fine and ready for the real world.

The first Hikvision was bought expensively from Amazon; s/w v 5.3.0 in English. The second Hikvision was bought cheaper from China and turned up with 5.2.5 in the camera and 5.3.0 on the box. Sadly, motionPie (currently) cannot deal with 5.2.5 as it must have mjpeg, thus causing my Chinese upgrade.

Many thanks to all those who have posted their helpful findings.

HoLeeShiet

n3wb
Reaction score
How can I use IVMS-4500 with multiple ip cameras? Do I need to forward each media port (8000)?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I've changed the port for each cam. example 8001, 8002, 8003 etc.. and then port forwarded each one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can also simply change the external port for the cameras and keep the internal port the same.. Most routers support this function...

Sent via Taptalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I've tried before keeping the ports the same, but that didn't work well for some reason related to the port mapping in the hikvision ui.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Simply disable the port mapping in the interface..

Sent via Taptalk

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah I use tinycampro as well - android works great. Used to use IPCAMViewer but same as Klasipca UI was lame and never changed.

The only pain in the ass is turning off some of the options like Audio Alarm, when I arrive on site. Don't know if IVMS4500 allows that as haven't spent the time to get that working yet.

Tinycampro worked with my Hikvisions and well as my cheapo Foscams that I had as a cheapo temp system for a number of years that I'm now swapping out for the end game.

HoLeeShiet

n3wb
Reaction score
I've changed the port for each cam. example 8001, 8002, 8003 etc.. and then port forwarded each one.
I have changed the Media ports of my ip cameras in the web interface as suggested. After that I forwarded the ports in my modem. Still the cameras won't show up in IVMS-4500.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hey all - perhaps I'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to find the iVMS-4500 (lite or HD) in the U.S. iOS App Store. I've found and downloaded the 5060,5260,4250,8700 and none of these seem to work with the new 4mp turret. Any ideas on where I should go to get it since it doesn't seem like this, tinycampro or ipcam is in the U.S. App Store for some reason. I can't change regions as I have a credit balance preventing me from switching. I'm looking to get it on my phone and can't find anything that will work. Thanks!

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey all - perhaps I'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to find the iVMS-4500 (lite or HD) in the U.S. iOS App Store. I've found and downloaded the 5060,5260,4250,8700 and none of these seem to work with the new 4mp turret. Any ideas on where I should go to get it since it doesn't seem like this, tinycampro or ipcam is in the U.S. App Store for some reason. I can't change regions as I have a credit balance preventing me from switching. I'm looking to get it on my phone and can't find anything that will work. Thanks!
The reason you can't find it is because it has been removed from the App store, due to the XCodeGhost vulnerability. You would need to wait until they release a new version with a clean XCode.

Reaction score
Ahh, didn't realize this was affected by that. I did find the HD one for my iPad - should I be worried about that one since it wasn't pulled?

I knew something had to be going on since there's no way the app wouldn't be available in the U.S.

Thanks for the reply, I'll keep an eye out to see when it comes back.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ahh, didn't realize this was affected by that. I did find the HD one for my iPad - should I be worried about that one since it wasn't pulled?

I knew something had to be going on since there's no way the app wouldn't be available in the U.S.

Thanks for the reply, I'll keep an eye out to see when it comes back.
Someone mentioned that the HD version/Ipad version was still available but I looked yesterday and I didnt find it. I just had a look now and also can't find it.

So either it's been pulled as well or I'm blind.

Here are the earlier posts on this issue.

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5645-IVMS-4500-Removed-from-Apple-App-Store

HoLeeShiet

n3wb
Reaction score
XCode has been fixed and IVMS-4500 can be dowloaded again

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anybody else having issues with the latest android version of IVMS-4500?
Ever since updating to version 4.2.0 (build 20150820) none of my cams are viewable. They are detected however they just load forever and nothing happens. This app worked seamlessly for me previously.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have any issues with 4.2.0 on my S5.

Did the quality change from Fluent to Clear? or did you mean even on the local network it doesn't load?

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Even on the local network it won't load. I just get the spinning circles for each cam and that continues indefinitely. What makes it worse is the app won't close either. After hitting close the app wants to stop the camera feeds but they never actually started so it can't stop them. It just continues to say closing. This of course disables my screen lock whilist the app is still running in the background until I manually kill it. This was such a great app. Coupled with Hikvision's lack of chrome support this is pretty frustrating.