Best monitoring app for (hikvision) ip cameras

HoLeeShiet

n3wb
Reaction score
What monitoring app are you guys using for hikvision ip cams?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know you didn't ask for dahua, but too bad. :) IPCamViewer Pro on Android
I'm guessing you mean mobile apps, if not clarify.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use Hikvisions iVMS-4500 available for both iphones and android phones.

The only thing I don't like about it is when playing back. It will go to the beginning of the recording which could be weeks prior.

HoLeeShiet

n3wb
Reaction score
Thnx for the replies. I downloaded IP cam viewer for ios and it works OK. For Android I use tinycam monitor which I personally find it more reliable.

Haven't use IVMS-4500 yet. Will try that too.
BTW, why are there so many different versions of IVMS? Also I see ezviz app. Anyone using this? There is no reviews about these apps in the app store or Google play store.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you only have hikvision cameras, ivms4500 mobile is what you should be using for two reasons. 1) it only requires forwarding the media port not the http and rtsp port 2) its the only app that can play back video recorded by the camera.

Reactions: GKL

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use the Hikvision app on the iPhone and the iPad and it's pretty damn good!

HoLeeShiet

n3wb
Reaction score
Great! I own 4 hikvisions so I guess IVMS4500 is the way to go.
Are there any differences between the lite and pro?

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have been using all three in the past 4 years.

Ipcamviewer was initially my choice and it did the job but the ui was ugly and stayed the same and it had performance issues with 3mp cams which was the final straw and I made the switch to...

Tinycampro was nicer but had limited functionality at the time, didn't even support hikvision cams or h264. I remember sending request to developer to add newly released 2432 and he was using my stream to add support for it, but could only do mjeg. So I ended up using...

Ivms4500 which had full support for hikvision but not my other cams. The usability of the app wasn't great but it was free. The app on Windows phone has been horrible though.

I had no choice but use all 3 apps for sometime until tiny cam finally implemented all missing features and since then it's been app of my choice.

HoLeeShiet

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree tinycam (pro) has been improved. Unfortunately it's not iOS but with Android it also supports Chromecast now. To me this is nice because I often want to monitor on big screen.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
I'm the developer behind tinyCam Monitor app and it was greatly improved within a recent year.
It supports RTSP/H264 for Hikvision camera as well as 2-w audio, on-camera motion detection, PTZ, preset, focus, iris, led.

HoLeeShiet

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm the developer behind tinyCam Monitor app and it was greatly improved within a recent year.
It supports RTSP/H264 for Hikvision camera as well as 2-w audio, on-camera motion detection, PTZ, preset, focus, iris, led.
Hi alexvas, great to see you around here. I like tinycam monitor on Android and would love to have it on iOS too. Any plans to make that possible?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I could never get tinycam to display a blue iris stream...it says the connection is ok but 100% dropped frames.
Tinycam does a great job for audio on the hikvision 2432...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Alex, I don't see support for Ptz for hikvision. Is there a particular cam that is supported?

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Alex, I don't see support for Ptz for hikvision. Is there a particular cam that is supported?
Yes, particular models. At the moment the app supports (tested) the following Hikvision models:

DS-2CD2012-I (jpeg, rtsp/h264, motion detection, 2-w audio, led)
DS-2CD2032-I (jpeg, rtsp/h264, motion detection, 2-w audio, led)
DS-2DC2202I-DE3/W (jpeg, rtsp/h264, 2-w audio, motion detection, ptz, preset, focus, iris, led)
DS-2CD2232-I5 (jpeg, rtsp/h264, motion detection, led)
DS-2CD2112-I (jpeg, rtsp/h264, motion detection, 2-w audio, led)
DS-2CD2432F-I(W) (jpeg, rtsp/h264,motion detection, 2-w audio, led)
DS-2CD2732F-I(S) (jpeg, rtsp/h264, motion detection, 2-w audio, led)
DS-2CD3Q10FD-IW (jpeg, rtsp/h264, 2-w audio, motion detection, ptz, preset, focus, iris, led)
DS-2CD8264FWD-EIZ (jpeg, rtsp/h264, motion detection, 2-w audio, led)
DS-7204HWI-SH (jpeg, rtsp/h264, motion detection, 2-w audio)
DS-7208HGHI-SH (jpeg, rtsp/h264, motion detection, 2-w audio)

Note that since Hikvision uses the same API for their cameras almost any Hikvision model should work.

The app should work with Hikvision cameras also if ONVIF vendor selected in the app.

The full list of supported devices is here
http://tinycammonitor.com/support.html

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
I like tinycam monitor on Android and would love to have it on iOS too. Any plans to make that possible?
I'm working on tinyCam Monitor for iOS as well. It will be released most probably at the end of this year.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
I could never get tinycam to display a blue iris stream...it says the connection is ok but 100% dropped frames.
To get video from Blue Iris in tinyCam Monitor app you should give short names your cameras Cam1, Cam2... in Blue Iris.