Blue Iris 4 to 5 Migration Guide

Discussion in 'Blue Iris' started by bp2008, May 31, 2019.

Share This Page

1. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

You need to relax your your passive aggressive statements about not charging an annual fee if the software will hose itself. Dont like it, speak with your wallet, go with another vms, you wont. :)

2. mjcother

mjcother Young grasshopper

Here is what you could have replied:

At the bottom of Home - Blue Iris Software, you will see a button for "1 yr. extension of support & maintenance ($34.95 one time)" this count for a BI4 to BI5 upgrade.

3. mjcother

You came in to this with a condescending 'Don't be lazy'... am I not correct in that?
    Noting wrong with expecting a program that is asking an annual fee to not 'render itself useless' when uninstalling the previous version, is there???

4. mjcother

I supplied screenshots before being accused of being 'misguided' and 'Lazy'... I asked for screenshots or links, but you doubled down in your condescension... "yes, we are all lying to you"...

5. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

That was after your passive-aggressive comment. There is no annual fee if you don't want it.

There's no need to lie about the program rendering itself useless. It does nothing of the sort.

The program still works perfectly fine there's just an issue with the profiles caring over, and you can set that up yourself if you wish. Like I said if you don't like it go find another VMS. Lots of bitching for somebody paying 30 freaking dollars... Most vms charge 50 to 150 per camera in licensing.
    Go bitch to the developer in an email let's see what he tells you.

6. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

That's because you're lazy and refused to go to the blue iris website I'm not going to be your bitch and screenshot for you. Stop being lazy.

7. skiocink

skiocink Young grasshopper

Is expcted the solution? I have 7 cameras with 5 profiles for each one, zones, pre triggers ecc.ecc..
    I spent over 4 months to set all as well :confused:

8. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

If it takes you another 4 months to set it up there something wrong with you. Is it take you no more than 20 or 30 minutes. Regardless it doesn't mean that the software is hosed. Seems like you're unsatisfied I think you should move to another VMS something that's highly reliable not like this crap. There are lots of other great options try them.

9. skiocink

skiocink Young grasshopper

You replies are Always so boring. Is the webmaster sure you are quite intelligent to be a staff member?
    change vms, crap, shit, bi is perfect...bla bla bla. Never an usefull answer

Defending the indefensible is a sign of stupidity

mjcother likes this.
  10. pinko

pinko Known around here

Also noted you have spent over 3 months bitching about losing your profiles.
    troll.png
    Don't waste another 3 months, just set them up again and move on........

looney2ns and fenderman like this.
  11. Natey2

Natey2 Young grasshopper

Is there a way to dump all BI profile settings to a readable text file? e.g. "nvram show" in my router will dump 2900+ settings to a text file, which I can diff, compare across versions, manually re-enter, etc.

Sent using Tapatalk

12. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

You can export all you want from the Windows registry.

13. btreinders

btreinders n3wb

Can you explain how to export from the Windows registry in order to populate all camera profiles 1-7? All aspects of every profile? Thanks

14. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

Start menu > type "regedit" > open regedit. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software and right-click on Perspective Software. Choose Export.

fenderman likes this.
  15. Dorsey Pender

Dorsey Pender n3wb

bp2008 likes this.
  16. btreinders

btreinders n3wb

It's a binary file. How would I use that to manually populate Version 5 profiles?

Natey2 likes this.
  17. Tinman

Tinman Getting comfortable

I don't think at this point it is possible to import from BI4 to BI5 due to the registry structure has changed in BI5. I am not saying its impossible, but to me I would just be easier and faster to just redo the profiles in BI5. Attached below is just a example of one camera, notice the "Clips" key is all just lumped together in BI4 and in BI5 each profile has its own key.

BI4
    Annotation 2019-09-08 084917.jpg

BI5

Annotation 2019-09-08 084952.jpg

anijet likes this.
  18. 58chev

58chev Pulling my weight

Finally jumped in the deep end. :lol:

Just going through and rebuilding my Triggers in each profile for my Hikvision cameras. My Dahua kept its profiles in order. :headbang:

I have not uninstalled 4 but figure just rename the folder, I'll leave it be since I'm not using it anyway.
    WebUI is working as it should, and did not loose any of my recordings.
    CPU seems to have dropped a couple of % points from 9/10 to 6/7, memory has gone down by about 100M

Only thing to figure out is to get UAC Prompt for BlueIris to stop popping up. had this working in 4, modified the task but no luck.

19. Natey2

Natey2 Young grasshopper

Someone needs to write a script that will export those binary entries to a human-readable text file. While that will not enable auto import into another version, it will at least publicy document what the settings were at some point in time.
    I think it would be better than trying to recall the profile settings from human memory, or via screenshots.
    The router manufacturer understands the value of "nvram show".

Sent using Tapatalk

20. slodat

slodat Young grasshopper

Upgraded to BI5 this morning. I did not uninstall BI4. I don’t see any issues... thinking this should be ok.

I didn’t have any issues. It had all of my camera settings. Every one. I decided to leverage the new inheritance features to make settings management easier and more consistent going forward. Highly recommended.