Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Updated to v1.0.1 on May 25, 2014

I'm very happy to announce the first update of Blue Iris Tools. I added a ton of new features such as a web server watchdog, cpu watchdog alerts, create / import custom languages and more. You can download the update in the first post. A big thanks to all the beta testers for helping get BIT where it is!

What's New
-Web server watchdog
-CPU watchdog alert options
-Watchdog alert options added
-Customize language / phrases
-Easily download / install BIT updates
-Option to remove 'N/A' and '0' from results in macros
-Customize unit symbols in results
-Various bug fixes and much more!

watchdog-tab.png language-screen.png

Harrywho

n3wb
Reaction score
Wonderful program. Thanks so much. :peaceful:
In case anyone were wondering, "BT Tools.exe" can be ran as a service on Win2008RC2 and maybe Win7 as well using srvany.exe.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Wonderful program. Thanks so much. :peaceful:
In case anyone were wondering, "BT Tools.exe" can be ran as a service on Win2008RC2 and maybe Win7 as well using srvany.exe.
Thank you for the compliment and for sharing @Harrywho. I also plan on adding the option to run as a service within one of the upcoming updates :)

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike, you have really outdone yourself with the program. This is a whole new level. Simply Amazing.

nerdtool

n3wb
Reaction score
Mike,
Thanks for creating this program.
The program appears to be just what I need. My only question is if it possible to set up different stations for each macro. and then to assign a different macro to each camera ( I have nine - representing 9 different geographic locations)?
Regards,
Ed

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike,
Thanks for creating this program.
The program appears to be just what I need. My only question is if it possible to set up different stations for each macro. and then to assign a different macro to each camera ( I have nine - representing 9 different geographic locations)?
Regards,
Ed
Hi @nerdtool (Ed),
Glad you are using BI Tools :D As of right now you can only grab the weather from 1 station at a time but I have thought about adding the ability to use multiple stations. This is definitely something that I will do in an upcoming release.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
A big thanks to @grigione for creating an Italian language file. I posted it in the 2nd post in this thread.

Last edited:

milwen

n3wb
Reaction score
Mike,

Thanks so much for the BIT software. It's great and works exactly as advertised.

I was wondering if it would be possible and/or a good idea to have the ability for BIT to restart Blue Iris if the CPU usage gets over a certain percentage. I have found that mine typically runs around 20-30% but after a few days it sometimes rises to 60-70%. If I restart Blue Iris it will drop back down.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'll second that idea. I've noticed that (now that I have nine 2-3mp cameras running at 5-20fps) I've been having issues with the GUI causing issues. the GUI will freeze up from time to time, and it seems as though I start getting hundreds of clips that range from 2 to 10 seconds. restarting the GUI seems to fix the issue (I think)... But that would be a nice feature. I can see potential issues getting the UAC bugs worked out with the various versions of windows on a restart, but it's worth looking into. Otherwise, one of the main issues I see coming to light very quickly would be: several cameras start recording at once and spike the CPU causing BI to restart... so, it would be a matter of average CPU usage over a period of time to trigger the restart...

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Good idea, I will definitely add this to the next release (which will be soon). Thanks for the suggestions.

woodguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris tools not parsing wind description correctly

Great little toolset. II just noticed that I'm not getting the correct wind description. What I get is: Wind Desc.: From the @ 23 MPH (37.01 km/h)

Thanks for making the software available.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Great little toolset. II just noticed that I'm not getting the correct wind description. What I get is: Wind Desc.: From the @ 23 MPH (37.01 km/h)

Thanks for making the software available.

Thank you! Do you mind telling me the station ID that you are using? You can send me a PM or just post it here if you like.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using CYWG but I have tried others.
For whatever reason wunderground is reporting no value for the wind direction for that particular station.

cywg.jpg

@Kenjusticejr I added the close then open BI feature in the CPU section of the watchdog. It's in beta testing now and will be released shortly.

woodguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible to parse the wind string to get the "gusting to" information if it is present?

I've got around my wind info problem by switching to a different station.

sspence

n3wb
Reaction score
Just tried to install this on Win7. Required me to install a new file and when i reboot I now get a LogonUI.exe - Entry Point Not Found error related to the DLL ntdll.dll. Any ideas on why this happened?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When you say it required you to install a new file, what exactly are you talking about?

Sounds like your Windows install got corrupted. Can you still use the computer or does this prevent you from logging in or something?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Just tried to install this on Win7. Required me to install a new file and when i reboot I now get a LogonUI.exe - Entry Point Not Found error related to the DLL ntdll.dll. Any ideas on why this happened?
Not sure what that is, LogonUI.exe is not from or with Blue Iris Tools. Did you use the installer in the first post of this thread?