Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

James DiBernardo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i came here looking to see if there was an update, i was not disappointed.:)

Update: The 1.0.4 Version fails to find the new folder for BI 4 if x64

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
i came here looking to see if there was an update, i was not disappointed.:)

Update: The 1.0.4 Version fails to find the new folder for BI 4 if x64
Yes I am aware, please make sure to specify the BI 4 directory. I do not have time to fix the Detect BI button right now and unfortunately will not until after the holidays, just wanted to release a quick patch for BI 4 while I can.

TSENEB

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
Many Thanks for your excellent utility.
i want to mention that for BI4 at watchdog there is no BI NAME and the web does not find the ip/port
Thanks

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
Many Thanks for your excellent utility.
i want to mention that for BI4 at watchdog there is no BI NAME and the web does not find the ip/port
Thanks
Thanks for the heads up. The only incorporation of BI4 into BIT is the Watchdog (program monitor), I am out of town until Jan 3 and will push an update out when I am back.

wrusprod

n3wb
Reaction score
I setup the BI tools, have the macros set.weather station. doesnt setup on cameras, and i believe it is with the update (im on BI 4). but when i close it and try to reopen i get a runtime 76 error, and all my settings are gone from BI tools. close and try to rerun it. it says already running. but its not. so i go to task manager and close it in processes. then it will reopen but with the runtime error. this is a great tool! thank you and sorry to bother you, if this is just something that will come with updated BI tools.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know you'll be working on it when you can, but I just wanted to say that it seems like there is an issue with BI Tools and version 4 with the watchdog or something. Whenever I launch the tools it starts a service cycle relaunch of Blue Iris 4 until the system simply stops responding. This didn't occur until BI 4.10 was released and I did the update from 4.05; that is when it started. It was working fine with BI version 4.05 and no hitches.

So for now I am not running the tools as every time I launch it the cycle starts.

gwp1

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone run into an issue where the BIT grabs the weather update once and then errors every time after that? I tried multiple stations, etc. Then, after continually retrying it finally crashes the workstation which ends up rebooting. At first I thought it was due to Watchdog running but even turning that off made no difference.

Any advise would be appreciated - thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone run into an issue where the BIT grabs the weather update once and then errors every time after that? I tried multiple stations, etc. Then, after continually retrying it finally crashes the workstation which ends up rebooting. At first I thought it was due to Watchdog running but even turning that off made no difference.

Any advise would be appreciated - thanks!
Is this with BI 4?

gwp1

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, should have clarified: BI3. 4 errors and won't run for me as yet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, should have clarified: BI3. 4 errors and won't run for me as yet.
Hmmm not having that issue..you will have to wait until Mike gets back to troubleshoot it.

gwp1

n3wb
Reaction score
To clarify further, BI4 errors and won't run as yet. The issue is with BI3. I've got it turned off for the moment.

n3wb
Reaction score
One thing missing from Blue Iris that your tools might be able to easily fix is to change setting for a set of cameras. Primarily for situations like Geovision DVR support where I need to tack a session ID onto the stream URL. The session ID seems to need to be changed often and it is VERY tedious to change on each of 20 cameras (2 servers) separately. Selection by group would be good enough. Along the same vain it would be great to be able to bulk set options on selected cameras Like post 100% jegs to folderX.

krolidon

n3wb
Reaction score
Installed, up and running with weather info in about 15 minutes. Pretty straightforward. Macros needed to be added to Blue Iris "Options" in addition to setting up in tools and the text overlays camera properties. Didn't notice that step mentioned. Also, had to manually update the Blue Iris 4 program path. The default is to Program Files (x86) Blue Iris 3. Since the recent update to Blue Iris 4, I have experience program crashes on two occasions in 7 days. The "Watchdog" in Blue Iris Tools is perfect as it reloads and starts Blue Iris if it detects the program has quit, crashed or otherwise is not running. All in all nice companion to Blue Iris. Thank you!

wrusprod

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

The adding the macros to Blue Iris Options worked for the Temp. but the other macros just give the path when i add to camera overlay. any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

disregard. path wasn't correct in the BI options, macros setting. works great!

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BIT is not detecting the directories for BIv4. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. BIT worked great with BIv3.xx, but ever since v4 has been installed, no go.

krolidon

n3wb
Reaction score
You have to manually change the program path in Blue Iris Tools. BI4 is 64 bit and located in a separate, unique folder.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
BIT is not detecting the directories for BIv4. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. BIT worked great with BIv3.xx, but ever since v4 has been installed, no go.
Thank you for reporting this issue. I am aware of it and will have it addressed in the next release, which I'm hoping will be soon.

MyHD120

n3wb
Reaction score
When I try to install BIT in BIv4 it says "Application not found". What am I doing wrong?