Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think this is a IE problem. If I go to Local Weather Forecast, News and Conditions | Weather Underground in IE I get the same error. I tried adjusting my IE TLS settings with no luck.

Is BI tools working for everyone regardless of the error? Mine was but I am failing to connect to wunderground now.

So far the weather and other overlays are working. I am not sure about the IE issue unless BI Tools forces IE. I have Firefox set as the default browser, so it should be used unless forced not to. Or maybe it is a wunderground issue?

Reaction score
So far the weather and other overlays are working. I am not sure about the IE issue unless BI Tools forces IE. I have Firefox set as the default browser, so it should be used unless forced not to. Or maybe it is a wunderground issue?
My default isn't IE but it appears BI tools is using IE. Do you get the TLS error if you go to Local Weather Forecast, News and Conditions | Weather Underground It works on 2 workstations that has the 1909 branch of win 10. I am currently updating my BI workstation to that version now. Will report back if it works.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been having the same problem for the last week or so. I finally closed BIT so it would stop popping the message up in the middle of my camera monitor. I'm not using the weather overly. I use BIT to monitor BI to make sure it restarts should it have a problem. I also use it to monitor CPU usage, but I never set up a window to show it over a camera image.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I finally have my BI system running perfectly after six weeks of combatting hard drive; ram; cabling; PC and every other issues.... I WANT to install BIT for its added widgets, but frankly I think I'll sit this out until stability ensues.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally have my BI system running perfectly after six weeks of combatting hard drive; ram; cabling; PC and every other issues.... I WANT to install BIT for its added widgets, but frankly I think I'll sit this out until stability ensues.
I think it is the website he's calling, not the application its self, which still works fine. It is probably a combination of the application using the IE to pull the information from Wunderground and Wunderground not updating their site. It might be that he has to change the browser engine he uses since IE is depreciated and being phased out, replaced by Edge, which is more like Chrome and Firefox. Or maybe he can force it to use a different TLS version? But anyway, the application is good, and I am sure it'll be resolved soon. Luckily I am rarely on the BI server, so it doesn't bother me and it doesn't impact the website for remote viewing.

MJs

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been having the same problem for the last week or so. I finally closed BIT so it would stop popping the message up in the middle of my camera monitor. I'm not using the weather overly. I use BIT to monitor BI to make sure it restarts should it have a problem. I also use it to monitor CPU usage, but I never set up a window to show it over a camera image.
I just turned off the updater in BIT (a few days ago). It still works for overlays. Not sure about watchdog.

MJs

n3wb
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about this update issue.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think it is the website he's calling, not the application its self, which still works fine. It is probably a combination of the application using the IE to pull the information from Wunderground and Wunderground not updating their site. It might be that he has to change the browser engine he uses since IE is depreciated and being phased out, replaced by Edge, which is more like Chrome and Firefox. Or maybe he can force it to use a different TLS version? But anyway, the application is good, and I am sure it'll be resolved soon. Luckily I am rarely on the BI server, so it doesn't bother me and it doesn't impact the website for remote viewing.
FYI: I'm not using the weather app and still have the problem. Does this mean it's not Wunderground?