Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

chef13007

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the tip! Now that I know that, I was able to create as many macros as I needed! I did it directly in the registry.

I put together a Python script that grabs Ohio River conditions data from a website and writes them to text files. I then created a Blue Iris Tools add-on that runs that script every time Blue Iris Tools retrieves the weather. So now I can have all the weather and river conditions info on my IP camera overlay.

View attachment 61545

Great view of the river! Long shot, but any chance you have video from the flyover for the Reds Opening Day last year on 3/28?

AMP

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Great view of the river! Long shot, but any chance you have video from the flyover for the Reds Opening Day last year on 3/28?
Thanks! Just so happens I do: Too hard to use the PTZ to follow flyovers, so that's recorded from my phone.

Here's another one that was better from a Bengal's game in 2015

I have lots of river time lapses, flyovers, river incidents, accidents on the Brent Spence bridge on my YouTube channel Aaron Preslin if you are from or have ties to Cincy Aaron Preslin I usually Tweet them out too Aaron Preslin (@apreslin) | Twitter when I upload them.

This forum messes around with the links you post, so sorry about the weirdness in the way the links are formattted that I posted. Can't seem to stop it from doing that.

Last edited:

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Everytime my PC restarts the webserver watchdog updates the IP address of my server even after I put a static IP on it. Is this a bug?

I don't have auto ip check and it remain uncheck when it comes up, it still grab my nic's IP

shmookles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Mike Any ideas on why my Options Tab/Watchdog Tab and Web Site Tab are greyed out? I tried running app as Admin on Windows Server 2019 but still not working.

Last edited:

Holbs

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Jan 20, 2020
Rodger3876 said:
Sorry Not Weather underground, I have got away from them. PWS Weather, Ambient Weather or even Dark Sky?
Oh. Eventually I am hoping to do this, but it's not in the immediately plans just yet.

--------------------
Just purchased an Ambient Weather Station. And my dedicated IPC-T5442TM-AS weather cam should arrive by evening or tomorrow. I've read a number of posts about Blue Iris Tools. Is it my understanding that BIT "only" pulls the API from Weather Underground?
Would be cool to have MQTT input/outputs for home automation stuff :)

Last edited: