Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
FYI: I'm not using the weather app and still have the problem. Does this mean it's not Wunderground?
Given the current state of WU, FUBAR, and the fact that the BIT app is working normally, don't be surprised that you're not seeing data. My station is not showing any data for today even though it shows as "online". The last update recorded has been saying "five hours ago" all day. There are none of the normal historical, daily, data being displayed let alone anything older. As usual WU/IBM have done it again, just like Norton Nork.

Last edited:

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI: I'm not using the weather app and still have the problem. Does this mean it's not Wunderground?
That I don't know. It could be in the backend for any page the app reaches out to, I just assumed it was Wunderground as someone mentioned they went directly to that page and got the same error in their browser.

T3GTerry

n3wb
Reaction score
Exact same error for days here. The end result is my overlay info is not updating. Acts like it is being refused a connection to WUNDERGROUND. Dunno. Just a SWAG on my part.

Reaction score
W10 ver 2004 here, and been getting this exact issue here for weeks as well. I have a personal weather station on WU, and it appears to still be updating my overlays correctly - but that popup that everyone's talking about is driving me mad...

DrewDennis

n3wb
Reaction score
TLS1.0 being deprecated is most likely the issue here. A lot of webhosting providers have finally turned it off. Apps that did not update are breaking. We've seen several so far.

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has @Mike made a statement about getting all the issues fixed? I am getting an error for the weather (which may or may not be an issue w/ the app vs WU) and the upgrade error so many are seeing in this thread.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
BIT is causing problems because it keeps popping up with that error screen and my BI has problems after that. I have to shut BIT down and restart to get it to work. Is this just me? I may just have to uninstall BIT.

ibrujo

n3wb
Reaction score
Same here, I have installed the latest update and still getting errors.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BIT is causing problems because it keeps popping up with that error screen and my BI has problems after that. I have to shut BIT down and restart to get it to work. Is this just me? I may just have to uninstall BIT.
Mine pops up on the server, but I view it all remotely through the Website, so I don't get any errors or issues when I view stuff that way. I do see it when I log in to the server, but I just say NO to the prompt and it doesn't seem to impact Blue Iris, granted, I am running BI as a service, so that might be different than not. I will chime in and say it is annoying though and I can imagine even more so if one uses BI directly, all the time.

Burratha

n3wb
Reaction score
My weather overlay is working, ok, however it keeps "resetting" back to imperial scale... I don't want it to display in Fahrenheit - I want Celsius. I change the thing, but it seems to switch back after a random period of time. Any fix available, please?

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any update on this issue. I'm getting the same screen as others with all the red writing

It says Version 1.6.0 (which is the latest version) - at least my weather overlay is still working though

BassTeQ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My weather overlay is working, ok, however it keeps "resetting" back to imperial scale... I don't want it to display in Fahrenheit - I want Celsius. I change the thing, but it seems to switch back after a random period of time. Any fix available, please?
I've got this problem too, have to remember to set it back to Celsius all the time

ECourts

n3wb
Reaction score
Every time the application starts it resets the measurements back to Imperial. It's been like this many months. I've even tried changing the .ini file where the settings are saved, but they get overwritten on the next start. It's very frustrating. My camera server rarely re-starts, but when it does (for example after a larger Windows update) I have to go back and change the settings.

Hi!
After starting the app, units always defaulting to imperial. Can not save metric default.
I've got this problem too, have to remember to set it back to Celsius all the time

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I hate to sound ungrateful as I'm sure @Mike is feeling piled-on... But, has BIT been abandoned? It has been unusually quiet and I haven't seen a post here or in the beta section from him in quite a while...

AMP

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I hate to sound ungrateful as I'm sure @Mike is feeling piled-on... But, has BIT been abandoned? It has been unusually quiet and I haven't seen a post here or in the beta section from him in quite a while...
I think a lot are wondering that, including me. Looks like the last login from him on this forum was Monday, and his last message here Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! was from 20 days ago saying he was going to look into it. Hope everything is okay, or maybe it's just a case of being too busy

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@Mike is obviously aware of the issues raised here so hopefully he and his family are well. I too, hope that he is okay. Sometimes, life just gets crazy and priorities get rearranged so maybe that is the case here. As for BIT, mine is still getting weather data and the overlay is working fine. I just went into OPTIONS and turned off the CHECK FOR UPDATES and have had no more issues with BIT popping up all the time.