Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

Tayschrenn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

In 1903 they disabled that cipher suite. Apparently it is a now tagged as a known weak cipher suite.

"The Microsoft Schannel provider will filter out known weak cipher suites when the application uses the SCH_USE_STRONG_CRYPTO flag ."

More pieces to the puzzle, I'll see what else I can do.. playing with the registry now :eek:
1903 = Year 2019, Month 03 (March)
Which is why 2004 came out in April of 2020 =)

But yeah that's probably why - I have the same issue. Not a huge deal unless we're worried about someone hijacking data between them I suppose.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, but I cannot see how to get the Indoor Temperature, intemp, set up.
The Ambient Weather ObserverIP module has this data in it and uploads to weatherunderground and ambientweather.net, but weatherunderground does not display it.
Didn't you create a username/password with WU and didn't they give you a station ID?
You configure BIT to use that station ID.
BIT downloads the weather info you need in order for the macro to display the overlay for temperature.

hampster

n3wb
Reaction score
Didn't you create a username/password with WU and didn't they give you a station ID?
You configure BIT to use that station ID.
BIT downloads the weather info you need in order for the macro to display the overlay for temperature.
Yes, I have my station ID and BIT is configured to pull info from the station. But I do not think there is an option in BIT to select an overlay for indoor temperature.
indoortempf - [F indoor temperature F]
indoorhumidity - [% indoor humidity 0-100]
weatherunderground provides this indoor data to their old ipad app, but doesn't display it on their website

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I have my station ID and BIT is configured to pull info from the station. But I do not think there is an option in BIT to select an overlay for indoor temperature.
Yes, sorry...I flew right over that word "indoor" in your first post. :smash:

hampster

n3wb
Reaction score
I looked but must have missed the solution....anyone? Or is this simply a problem with no solution yet?
I get this same thing. Also H.265 stuff lags bigtime, which sucks. And no one knows a way to overlay some INDOOR weather data from weatherunderground or ambientweather?

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this in bi tools? I get the same error also since temp doesn't work how do I remove the overlay from my cameras? Thanks

meissen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume this project is now considered abandoned?

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Since WUNDERGROUND is not accepting weather data anymore is it possible for BIT to access my account at AMBIENTWEATHER to get the weather data? Please say yes!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wunderground has worked for me pretty well since they got over their spat of absolute worthlessness last year into early this year. My only gripe with them since then is that no matter what I try, my webcam doesn't work there. I gave up on it but use BIT to pull my weather back from there every day.

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wunderground has been extremely erratic for me since Friday. has been showing my weather station with hours between updates and today is showing my weather station as OFFLINE. You sure BIT is showing your current weather stats? Mine is not.

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Happy for you but my question still stands.
Can BIT be configured to get weather info from ambientweather?