Blue Iris Updates (64 bit)

Blue Iris Updates - Official Thread 5.8.8.12

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The versioning is wrong. It should be 5.2.0.3. My 5.2.0.1 version wouldn't update automatically. Perhaps for good.
If you download it it will install 5.2.0.3. Earlier today it was available via automatic updates. He removed it. I would wait regardless.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He removed it. I would wait regardless.
That's what I am doing. Looks like there was a reason for what he did to prevent automatic updates. I don't do automatic updates. Only when I open BI and it offers an update and if I feel like doing it.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Do we need to update incrementally? Or does the latest update incorporate all the fixes from previous releases?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do we need to update incrementally? Or does the latest update incorporate all the fixes from previous releases?
Simply run the latest update..there is an issue with this update. See thread.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m subscribed to the bot’s updates download alerts. It screws up the numbers and always sends duplicate alerts, one with version 5.x.x.x, and then another with a fake version 5.0.x.x. I can see it’s happening in this thread too. I wonder why

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m subscribed to the bot’s updates download alerts. It screws up the numbers and always sends duplicate alerts, one with version 5.x.x.x, and then another with a fake version 5.0.x.x. I can see it’s happening in this thread too. I wonder why
It's on purpose to prevent automatic updates to a faulty version. The next update will have a version higher than the second from end now.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's on purpose to prevent automatic updates to a faulty version. The next update will have a version higher than the second from end now.
How does it help with preventing automatic updates? I can’t wrap my mind around it

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How does it help with preventing automatic updates? I can’t wrap my mind around it
If your BI version was 5.2.1.4 and a new version 5.2.2.0 becomes available, the automatic updater will update to it (or will ask you to update depending on settings) because 5.2.2.0 > 5.2.1.4. But if your version is 5.2.1.4 and a new version is 5.0.2.0, the automatic updater won't update or ask to update because 5.0.2.0 < 5.2.1.4. So, when the developer figures the new version is borked he changes the version number way back. You won't notice it unless you read this (or maybe others too) forum where the bot gets version info from the update server, I guess. It's not noticeable to BI users because the updater stays silent.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't have it disable, my fault. Obviously they messed something up and are trying to patch/fix it so they are updating rapidly. Bottomline is now the software is broken. Posting here so other folks will know the issues as well, Common Sense.
Hello shdwkeeper I just received my camera same as yours and I am having the same problem, did you got it fix it with a different software version, if you did, which version corrects this problem? please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello shdwkeeper I just received my camera same as yours and I am having the same problem, did you got it fix it with a different software version, if you did, which version corrects this problem? please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie
Revert back. See download section. Stop updating the minute it’s released.