Connecting IP Cameras TO Hikvision NVR

surveillancelot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
now i have tried everything, different IP adresses, custom adding, dchp, changing ports, plugging to different poe ports, unplugging working camera and using that port, changing username and password and so on. No luck.

When the camera is plugged to poe port and after I changed computers ip to match NVR and plugged it in, I was able to see all the Hikvision cameras normally through ONVIF device manager, as well as the new camera. I was able to view it normally and change the settings. But for some reason I can't add it NVR, it just says unknown error.

What on earth can be wrong with my nvr? or me?

surveillancelot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Even the 'Generic RTSP' connection, using a custom protocol?
Even if ONVIF didn't work - that should.
ScreenShot108.jpg

I'm afraid yes. just to be clear, when i'm adding this camera with ONVIF, I should:
-plug it to a free poe port of NVR
-set manual adding -->IP 192.168.254.66, set ONVIF, set PORT 8080, Set channel port 1 (or what does this mean?), set username and password

Well, that hasn't worked. And what about the custom adding.
-should i enable substream?
-is transfer type auto ok?
-port is 554, right?

what about the path, what should i put there?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
to be clear, when i'm adding this camera with ONVIF, I should:
-plug it to a free poe port of NVR
-set manual adding -->IP 192.168.254.66, set ONVIF, set PORT 8080, Set channel port 1 (or what does this mean?), set username and password
Yes, that's the correct method.

-is transfer type auto ok?
-port is 554, right?
what about the path, what should i put there?
Yes, yes, and check the URL at the bottom of the Live Video page in ODM.
The path required is the whole section that starts with the / that follows the IP address / port in that Live Video URL.

surveillancelot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't believe that I am finally saying it works!
Onvif was no luck. I think I tried everything and much more with no luck multiple times.

But custom protocol-rtsp finally worked out. The key was to copypaste the whole url from onvif manager's live video-page. I used NVR's web GUI to do it. In my case the it was very long rtsp://192.168.254.66:554/user=1_password=fdhiouo#tlJwpbo6_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream

Thank you so much for helping!