CPU running at 100%?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was hoping to stream to my Sharptools.io client. Right now I am trying the Rasp Pi per the post Alexey put in his Tiny Cam forum on IPCamTalk, but it is not working very well.

Not sure what you mean bu running the UI3 interface on the Pi and how that would help with the putting the stream into the action tile? I am surprised at how much CPU it took up in BI though! Almost 3x is crazy.

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can try running the UI3 web interface on the PI. i believe that it will stream the recorded format. and not have to convert,
Blue Iris reencodes all video it streams out to viewers, both to the mobile app and to UI3. The only way I know to get original, raw data from BI is to download past footage that was recorded direct-to-disk.

tofu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was hoping to stream to my Sharptools.io client. Right now I am trying the Rasp Pi per the post Alexey put in his Tiny Cam forum on IPCamTalk, but it is not working very well.

Not sure what you mean bu running the UI3 interface on the Pi and how that would help with the putting the stream into the action tile? I am surprised at how much CPU it took up in BI though! Almost 3x is crazy.
What version of BI are you running? I do the same - stream to action tiles (similar to sharptools) and discovered the bug as well yesterday. It had to have been introduced in a recent version because I've had it set up this way since bi4 without issue. Now, if I have 3 cams streaming to my tablet, I can actuay hit 90%+ cpu usage. It used to sit around 12-14%(before substreams).

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What version of BI are you running? I do the same - stream to action tiles (similar to sharptools) and discovered the bug as well yesterday. It had to have been introduced in a recent version because I've had it set up this way since bi4 without issue. Now, if I have 3 cams streaming to my tablet, I can actuay hit 90%+ cpu usage. It used to sit around 12-14%(before substreams).
Good to know as I don't understand why it is using that much CPU.

5.2.9.22 is the version I'm on. But I was on whatever version before that when I noticed it. So not sure how many versions it has been an issue for.

Is there a way to contact BI about it?

tofu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good to know as I don't understand why it is using that much CPU.

5.2.9.22 is the version I'm on. But I was on whatever version before that when I noticed it. So not sure how many versions it has been an issue for.

Is there a way to contact BI about it?
Can email the dev.

I can't pinpoint the version because my ddns was down for a couple weeks, so action tiles wasn't pulling the BI camera stream 24/7.

After digging, I noticed pulling the BI stream on tinycam and BI-mobile also skyrockets my CPU usage, so it appears to be an issue with streaming in general. It went unnoticed for me because I generally don't monitor CPU usage when glancing at the cams from my mobile.

All I know for certain is that the issue wasn't present on whatever version came before sub-stream implementation, but I doubt the two are related.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just an update, so decided to try substreams as per the wiki, and wow, I'm down to 5-7% CPU usage for BI with 8 4MP cameras at 6144 bit rate on each. Will see if I run into any issues with it.

TheGooginator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After reading through this thread I also decided to look into the substreams for my two cameras and my CPU went down from 16-18% to under 5% what a difference. My CPU is an I5-6500. @pbc did you ever decide how you are streaming and if you could get the CPU down to a reasonable amount with it going I am most likely going to try and use the UI3 when I buy a dedicated BlueIris box from my office computer and hope it doesn't increase the BlueIris box CPU too much when viewing.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ended up just using an old Android Beelink box I had lying around with TinycamPro on it for streaming capabilities. Never went back to trying BI.

mtpleasantben

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I had a good run, 4 months of great performance 30% CPU utilization 800+MP, 17 cameras. great system i7-8700 CPU. Then this last month happened. Plagued with 100% cpu issues. There has been no changes with the exception of any windows updates. Here we go again. Anyone in the same boat?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting you mention this. I noticed today my BI usage went from 5 to 7% as I mentioned above to 15-20% when I checked it this morn and I haven't made any changes. Plus there was some odd Service I noted in my task manager taking up 10% or so. Will have to look into it later.

mtpleasantben

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just deleted the adapter in Device Manager and things are a lot better. Roll Backup wasnt an option. on reboot it reinstalled the same driver; and everything just works now; CPU us back to normal. The BI Update Helper Performance page looks identical. Maybe a corrupt driver?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@mtpleasantben

Down load the lasted version of BIupdatehelper 1.9 .... The BI update helper has had some data errors, caused by data locations in the registry. Not sure if your data problem is caused by this. If you think the data is wrong in the report, email @bp2008 .

NOTE: most virus scanners, windows defender do not like BIupdatehelper, i just kept overriding what defender wanted to do to get it downloaded and install.

mtpleasantben

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, things were running great until 15 minutes ago (so it ran for 17hrs low CPU. I noticed the web site wasnt working; so I loaded the console and it said STARTING SERVICE... Now we are back to 100% all the time. Geez.

mtpleasantben

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Deleted Intel 630 device - still 100%
Windows Update Broken -> deleted c:\windows\softwaredistribution dir
Windows Update works, it Installed 630 driver
rebooted
now back to down to 30% CPU

Whats the trigger?

mtpleasantben

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Windows Update off seems to have helped. Aside from the 100% CPU, which is now gone. Still having other very odd issues.

1. After a few days 1/3 to 1/2 the cameras look offline when they are not. a restart of BlueIris service alone fixes that.
2. After a few days I can't connect to BueIris. When I run the console it indicates its Starting the Service.

Very odd stuff, these issues started only a month ago.