Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hardware defective? Or did you flash again?

najszerszy

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems like the camera is working for 15-20 minutes after flashing and then goes into endless boot loop. It does work OK (when it works) so I suspect it's the firmware. Maybe I should use different firmware? I only flashed it once yesterday. I will try again today with the 4 Lines Intrusion detection firmware from page 1. Maybe it'll help...

najszerszy

n3wb
Reaction score
I flashed the firmware once again. The camera was working fine until I rebooted it and it immediately went into boot loop once again... I think I'll be returning it for a refund as I can't see how to solve this problem :(

Antimosh

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a 3132f-iw which I have not touched yet. If someone could tell me how I could copy the firmware off it and send you a copy to see if you can get it going again?

Antimosh

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried that whoslooking, It uploads the file fine but never reports 'system update completed' On reboot wont come back up.

chris85

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
I bought IP cam DS-2CD2032F-IW from aliexpress (china with multi-Language) SN DS-2CD2032F-IW20151024CCCH549718403
I did update to IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.3.0_150814. IP cam don't work.
Now SADP find my cam 192.168.1.64 V4.0.8 build 150401.
How to return to china firmware with multi-language?
Please help me

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, so the file was transferred OK.
What was the result as seen in SADP after the camera was power-cycled?
May be worth also trying changing the firmware language with Hiktools - some others found that was the key to success.

chris85

n3wb
Reaction score
Still 4.0.8V
I don't have admin password.
How to change the firmware language with Hiktools?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I upgraded the firmware to the one on the first page:
UPDATED: Now with 4 Lines Intrusion detection 02/10/15
with Thanks to @DemonicHawk for this addon
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ph292l0lbi...lines.rar?dl=0

Everythig is working ok except on the playback page. When I click on download recordings or images the window opens and closes. I have popup block turned off and it still closes the window. The page that is closing is ~doc\page\download.js~.

Any chance someone could take a look at it and see why it closes? The camera I'm using is the DS-2CD3332-I with the login.js modified to show English.

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

Upgraded DS-2CD2032F-I to 5.3.0, now I wanted to downgrade the firmware to 5.2.5 using this tool because I had this error:

Code:
Access Error: 404 -- Not Found

firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib
Did everything as in the manual, but after transfer completed I received no other messages, no system update completed message. I waited for more than 10 minutes when I finally decided to reboot the camera and after reboot the SADP tool couldn't find the camera anymore, rebooted a few times without any success, but after about 15 minutes the SADP tool showed me the camera again but it had another version it was v4.0.8 and not 5.2.5, why ? I've used the firmware that was in the archive from #1

Before upgrade to v5.3.0

After downgrade to v5.2.5

Now I can't connect to the camera on web interface, the SADP tool finds the camera but when I try to make some modification in the parameters I always get "Timed out" error.

What I did wrong? Why the camera has different version than 5.2.5? And how can I solve this issue?

Thank you in advance.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
SADP tool showed me the camera again but it had another version it was v4.0.8 and not 5.2.5, why ?
This is the 'min-system' recovery mode that the camera uses when incompatible firmware has been installed. It's a minimum system, no web services, but enough that other firmware can be installed.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is the 'min-system' recovery mode that the camera uses when incompatible firmware has been installed. It's a minimum system, no web services, but enough that other firmware can be installed.
Thank you for your quick answer. Smb can share a working 5.2.5 firmware for DS-2CD2032F-I ? I would really appreciate.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I managed to put V5.3.0 build 150513 back on the camera but again it had same error "firmware language mismatch", after that I tried the firmware form the link you gave me but again without success, I'm back to "minimum system".
Is there a way to backup/extract firmware from another working camera that has v5.2.5 firmware?