IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Change your pc ip to 192.0.0.128
put the digicap.dav in same folder as the Hikvision tftp program
turn off your pc wifi and firewall
connect your pc and camera to your router or switch
run the tftp program
now power the camera
the tftp will now send the firmware to your camera, when it completes close the tftp program and reboot the camera, your camera should be updated to the new firmware.

jm23bg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision seems to have taken 5.1.6 down, where could I get a download?

jm23bg

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks Whoslooking.
I had to take it back to 5.0.2, which was the original firmware, to get it to work with my Genius Vision NVR.
Any idea why later does not work?
I want to turn off the IR, any idea if it can be done inside the camera?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you can't do it in the settings, you could cut one of the wires on the fly lead, if you unplug it you will turn off the photo cell and the camera will stay black and white.

jm23bg

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a look at that, but knowing the right ones?
May take plies to each LED.
Hmmm

titanmanus

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not being rude, but I take it you haven't read much in the forum have you, As still the best firmware for functionality is 5.1.6,

please use this firmware to restore your camera to 5.1.6 full English.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qqgksfzdu899ha1/AAD3Zp0_tg-dofxme9dq3onTa?dl=0

This should sort you out, once you have this working you can learn how to do the mtd hack, with the camera you have after the hack is done you can upgrade your camera you have with the 5.3.0 English release as this version will always been English after mtd hack.
thank you @whoslooking :) Saved my day/cam! I had a 2132 with chinese 5.2.0. Several months ago I made it to English based on some youtube video. Then silly me I tried to upgrade to 5.3.0, lang error was the result. In last 2-3 days I just tried everything even blackmagic too. :) Finnaly this is working and 5.1.6 has more features then "old" 5.2.0 :O tnx

RobH

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you @whoslooking - this saved my Chinese 2532F-IS from bricking on a 5.3.0 upgrade. Unfortunately, since downgrading to 5.2.5 the audio doesn't appear to function any longer - everything else appears fine. I have found this potentially related discussion.
Is anyone able to shed any light on why the audio isn't working, or provide me with a link to an original 5.2.5 Chinese image that I can try installing it to see if the audio works, followed by a language hack?
(Details on camera label are 02/2015 2.5.8)

*UPDATE* Solved- I've managed to work this one out - the setting I needed wasn't obvious to find.To enable the audio, in the web configuration, I went to: Video/Audio > Video > VideoType and changed the drop-down to "Video&Audio" from "Video Stream".
Confusingly this setting is on the video tab, not the audio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I could freakin kiss you. NOT REALLY LOL. I have been searching around for a solution all day to change my new Chinese cameras to English. Not sure how I missed this post. I changed my new hikvision 2032 cameras to English .... Finally. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It feels good when you win lol, So many people are not reading the posts and keep starting new threads,

When the answers are already here in this post at the start.

PJS

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks so much for saving my 2132-I from the re-cycle bin. First downgrade got me to the all Chinese version, but dropping back to 5.1.6 restored everything. I think I'll just leave it there! Hikvision should be ashamed. It wouldn't be that hard to tell you the firmware was incompatible with your particular camera. I think asking the customer to police their distribution channels is a really poor choice.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I do agree - some more checking in the firmware upgrade process and some resulting informative error messages would be so much better than the cameras simply going unresponsive after an official firmware update that's apparently correct for the model and which you'd certainly expect to work OK. You are so right.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks so much for saving my 2132-I from the re-cycle bin. First downgrade got me to the all Chinese version, but dropping back to 5.1.6 restored everything. I think I'll just leave it there! Hikvision should be ashamed. It wouldn't be that hard to tell you the firmware was incompatible with your particular camera. I think asking the customer to police their distribution channels is a really poor choice.
It's great you have it working again, the firmware you tried first of all, is designed around the newer camera's that's why it only loaded in Chinese (it does say its for 5.2.5 to 5.3.0) models, that said it will work on the older version but just not in multiple languages as you have found out, now your back to 5.1.6 the mtd hack, will allow you to use the English firmware on your camera with no more issues if you ever feel the need to upgrade again.

mikebesco

n3wb
Reaction score
To restore functions removed by 5.3.0

For Versions 5.3.0 / 5.2.8 / 5.2.5

NOTE: This is not for 2cdxxx0 models

Allows Chinese region Cameras to become English / Multi language to work with your NVR without the region mis-match issue.

Tested with my own cameras.

TFTP load only

Telnet restored

Please remember this is a Ghost Firmware and does not change the region of the camera.

Your Chinese camera is still Chinese, but works like a US/EU model.

If you update to another firmware it will be Chinese!

All the normal warnings use at your own risk.

Big thanks to @wzhick @davo22 and others

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hy72q4osstun72/5.30 Downgrader.rar?dl=0

Enjoy and Enjoy for Free:cool::cool:

Please post what cameras you used this on to help others

UPDATE:

If your camera has a firmware sticker below 5.2.5 ( not including) you can use any firmware, you don't have to use this one. If you read the posts you will understand
I LOVE YOU. I have been messing around trying to get this PoS FW download working for weeks. I was ready to just trash the 2 cameras I have for the sake of sanity. I used your files with the TFTP utility and it F-ing worked. I dont care who you are; Woman, Man, Old, Young. I will be thinking about you while I make love with my wife tonight. Thanks -Mike

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Mike hope you enjoy your cameras, (and the wife) that made me laugh,

spagnum.dk

n3wb
Reaction score
Thx.

This firmware also work with my Chinese DS-2CD2732F-IS, now the camera work with my NVR.

I also made a bad firmware upgrade with the 5.3.0 EU version.

Thx again, good job!

DarkSim

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cannot use this solution for my chinese Hikvision DS-2CD3410FD-IW with 5.3.0 firmware?

steve6690

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You beautiful people ! :)
I received a 2332 today from my usual eBay seller. The two previous times I ordered and received a 2132 and a 2332 which came with 5.2.5 hacked to english. This one however came with 5.3 chinese, so they have cocked up. Ivms would not talk to it or add it unless I changed ivms language to chinese, and then it wouldn't talk to my hacked cams.
I contacted the seller but obviously when they didn't reply within 5 seconds :), I became impatient. I've just used the 5.3 downgrader and now have a 5.2.5 camera working fine with english language.
Big thanks to you.

staticfl

n3wb
Reaction score
Worked perfectly. I spent all day researching different makes, models, and firmwares. This thread solved my issue and my camera is back up and running! I'd buy you a few beers if you're ever in Florida.

Model DS-2CD2332-I

Last edited by a moderator: