Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

Andycatho

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much whoslooking. I have registered today just so that I can pass on my thanks to you. I had almost given up when I came across your post. After hours of searching through hundreds of posts, I came across this one and viola, the camera is now working in English.

Model DS-2CD2132F-IS.

deetsg

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine 5.3.0 Chinese DS-2CD2632D-IS not working on the trick, any help? Thanks.
It could update by the tfp but nothing come up afterward on http://192.168.1.64

Cheers,

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you see it in SADP?
It won't have that IP as it's now 5.2.5 it will be 192.168.0.64

krist

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your sharing. ^_^ I can recovery my IPC 2032 now.

deetsg

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you see it in SADP?
It won't have that IP as it's now 5.2.5 it will be 192.168.0.64
In your file, 1. Rename the firmware to digcap.dav? <-- typo digicap.dav?
I cannot see anything in SADP, it would brick after update your ghost firmware.
But I could get the brick working once update it the CN firmware. Any advice? Thanks!

Reaction score
I can personally attest that the Chinese 5.3 to English 5.2.5 downgrade firmware works flawlessly. I naively purchased a DS-2CD2032 camera from an Amazon seller to supplement two 2032s I own that were acquired from Anixter via an acquaintance that installs security systems and networks for a living. I naively believed that U.S. fulfillment meant that I was receiving a U.S. market camera. The camera came with 5.2.5 English firmware installed even though the box and the sticker that was affixed to the camera stated that it was a 5.3 camera, which I thought was strange, but not out of the realm of possibility. I am hardware and software engineer by training and profession (hence, the moniker "bit-twiddler"). There have been times in my career where I had to ship a new hardware rev with an older firmware rev in order to meet a marketing-driven release date; therefore, I assumed that I received an early camera from a new hardware rev, that is, until I attempted to upgrade the firmware because I was experiencing timeouts when night vision was activated. The only firmware that would upload and work correctly was Chinese 5.3.

With that said, the modded 5.2.5 firmware that shipped with the camera is clearly not the same binary that is included in Chinese 5.3 to English 5.2.5 downgrade package. The camera with the 5.2.5 downgrade firmware does not experience the timeout problems that it did when I received it from the vendor. Anyone who has received a 5/2015 camera from a non-Hikvision USA authorized vendor should check to see if the rev that is reported by the firmware matches the firmware rev that is printed on the sticker. If the rev that is reported by the firmware is 5.2.5, then you have a re-flashed Chinese market camera, and care should be taken when attempting to load new firmware onto it. I pulled an all-nighter attempting figure out why I could not back rev the camera when English 5.3 resulted in a boot loop.

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the great post, the difference between this firmware and the one your reseller would send you, is that would be made around the 5.25 fw and locked down to a serial number or mac address, This firmware has no installation restrictions and was designed around 5.30

I made this a public release, for a few reasons which i won't go into, but it did piss off a few people who sell firmware that they don't own and make stupid comments rather than help.
that said I could have made a few $ / £ lol

deetsg

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, followed your intsruction and not worked on my Chinese DS-2CD2632F-IS.
Well, I don't mind that Chinese version which I would like to mod with first stream with MJPEG streaming, please help.
Thanks.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, followed your intsruction and not worked on my Chinese DS-2CD2632F-IS.
Well, I don't mind that Chinese version which I would like to mod with first stream with MJPEG streaming, please help.
Thanks.
It's confirmed and tested with 2632, what is on your sticker and build date?

deetsg

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your follow up!
build date on 05/2015 13
V5.3.0_150327
Q/BFW 004-2011

deetsg

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, everything ok on the uploading gost firmware. However, after reboot the camera, it would brick. Cannot connect any of default IP, such as 192.168.0.64; 192.168.1.64 and SADP nothing detected.
Unbrick it, by uploading the CN 5.3.0 firmware back on the camera via tftp method. It would back to normal CN 5.3.0 version camera. I have tried two of th 2632 also same result. Heachace....Thanks!

deetsg

n3wb
Reaction score
Good News!!!
I upload again, and the camera works with IP 192.0.0.64 with multi-languges now! Thanks a lot!!!

By the way, could you have a ghost firmware with MJPEG on first stream aswell? Thanks.!!!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good News!!!
I upload again, and the camera works with IP 192.0.0.64 with multi-languges now! Thanks a lot!!!

By the way, could you have a ghost firmware with MJPEG on first stream aswell? Thanks.!!!
Well done, tftp works good 99% of the time. As to MJPEG stream, Not likely as I'm working on a ghost 5.16 for 5.30 camera's

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This video has nothing to do with the 5.3.0 firmware, in fact it's just as easy to do the mtd hack as the above video, also as the title of the video says it's for 5.20

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OMG Thank you so much for this "custom firmware downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English" This really saved my bacon. First let me tell you I have several Hikvision cameras and I always keep them updated with the latest firmware and never had any trouble with the firmware updates including the v5.3.0 firmware but I purchased all of my original cameras from reputable sellers in the states but last week I decided to try and save about 50 percent on two more cameras and decided to purchase them from repitable seller on AliExpress, The cameras got here fast I could not be more happy with the seller. When the cameras got here yesterday I tried to update them with the v5.3.0 firmware and like others on here that's when things went bad, very bad. BRICKED the camera. The camera came with v5.1.x dont remember the exact version. The sticker on the camera says it should of had 5.3.0 but it did not. So after running this firmware downgrader I am very happy to report I am back up and running on v5.2.5. My only question now is can I safely upgrade to v5.3.0 using the downloaded firmware from Hikvision that I used to update all my other DS-2xx2 Cams or am I stuck on v5.2.5 forever?

The two cameras that I got from the AliExpress seller are DS-2CD2132F-IWS & DS-2CD2132F-IS.

Sorry for the long post, Thank you for your time.

steve6690

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately you can't just use your 5.3.0 firmware on those cameras you bought from Aliexpress. They are China region coded and will brick if you load a genuine hikvision English firmware version.
The 5.2.5 firmware on here, and supplied by many Chinese vendors is a Chinese region firmware that has been hacked into English language so it will fool your Chinese region cameras and they will accept it.

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunately you can't just use your 5.3.0 firmware on those cameras you bought from Aliexpress. They are China region coded and will brick if you load a genuine hikvision English firmware version.
The 5.2.5 firmware on here, and supplied by many Chinese vendors is a Chinese region firmware that has been hacked into English language so it will fool your Chinese region cameras and they will accept it.
WOW so you mean to tell me I can never upgrade the firmware on these cameras? Well so much for my savings. Looks like I will be selling these cameras on eBay and purchasing from the states. I cant own a product that cant be updated. Lesson learned.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well that the above is not accurate really, yes you can update your camera's but remember they are Chinese camera's so there for will require Chinese firmware to update them, ( unless they were originally 5.2.5 or 5.2.8 as they won't upgrade at all ) what I have done is create a ghosted firmware of 5.3.0 with the front end of 5.2.5 to give the the multi-languages, the camera you have is totally fine and working as it should, I'm testing the 5.3.0 English for Chinese cameras when I'm happy with it I will release it. Now back to my cool aid.