Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

yop3bik

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! I try to downgrate at camera DS-2cd3132D-I. Camera make 05/2015 and firmware 5.3.0_15.05.13. Cannot downgrade. I try 5.3.0_150327 and 5.1.0, fails. On firmware 5.3.0_15.05.13 camera not connect on ONVIF or 8000 port in English NVR. Any suggestions?

UPDATE:
All camera workeв after reboot NVR.
I add camera, and reboot
I add second camera - - reboot. After reboot - worked.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any update on the new v5.3.x firmware for the Chinese cams?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have it part working, ASH shell working, part English working, Still no region Fix.

Almost pointless to continue as new production firmware has already started with 5.3.3

Started looking at a new way, to do a total clean wipe of the whole flash and do a clean serial install.

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have it part working, ASH shell working, part English working, Still no region Fix.

Almost pointless to continue as new production firmware has already started with 5.3.3

Started looking at a new way, to do a total clean wipe of the whole flash and do a clean serial install.
Thank you for getting back to me.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol! I did that by mistake on a 3332 I was experimenting with. It had a write error (bad block in the bad block list I think) which didn't bother it on 5.2.5 firmware, it just used app_sec, but the 5.3.0 install baulked at it.
So in u-boot I was running the nand diags to full erase and rebuild the bad block table and asked it to reboot before I'd re-flashed it. Dohh!
But how do you do a serial install? I'm wondering if maybe it's not a paperweight after all.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Still working it out, but the reason for the port in the first place is the primary installation to the nand, I'm hoping to force it in while the camera is running in min-system with a low firmware a version before 5.0

The min-system still loads a lot of the working functionality, hopefully to get this to happen.
We will see.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, so not so much a 'serial install' as 'using the serial console'. I thought you'd maybe found how to write the nand blocks over the serial port with no firmware yet installed, as they may do at the factory.

goessensj

n3wb
Reaction score
<<<< UPDATE >>>>
I recently used this downgrader image to flash my DS-2CD2132F-IS Chinese camera.
Since today, i had the camera a few days off power, it does not seem to boot anymore (IR lights go on, no DHCP).
I retried to flash the firmware again, the camera does connect to my TFTP server running on 192.0.0.128, but stops after test TFTP server and is not responding to ping anymore.

Anyone ideas please?

Small update: i can see the Camera with IP 192.168.1.64 in SADP (sw version 4.0.8), no idea how to flash it now....

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok your camera is now in min-system os, at a guess you have used the downgrader on a 5.2.5 camera not a 5.3.0
If this is the case use the normal 5.2.5 firmware and do the mtd hack this will make your camera English.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, so not so much a 'serial install' as 'using the serial console'. I thought you'd maybe found how to write the nand blocks over the serial port with no firmware yet installed, as they may do at the factory.
That would be the golden egg, a true factory install

goessensj

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok your camera is now in min-system os, at a guess you have used the downgrader on a 5.2.5 camera not a 5.3.0
If this is the case use the normal 5.2.5 firmware and do the mtd hack this will make your camera English.
Thank you for the reply, this is the camera's history:
Camera has a label at the bottom mentioning 5.3.0, it was shipped with a multi language 5.2.5 firmware.
I tried to upgrade to 5.3.0, but this wouldn't work.
I then, after trying a lot of other firmware versions, found the sollution in this thread and did the downgrade.
Now, after a few days, it did no DHCP anymore.

When i try to flash the official 5.2.5 firmware, the camera stops after:
[2015-07-27 20:11:06] TFTP server[192.0.0.128] initialized
[2015-07-27 20:11:37] Device[192.0.0.64] test tftpserver

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is ths build date? Of the camera
You should only use DCHP for setting up, you should give your camera's static IP address as the DCHP is set by the router not the camera.
Re do the downgrader give it plenty of time to complete, then give your camera a static IP address

goessensj

n3wb
Reaction score
What is ths build date? Of the camera
You should only use DCHP for setting up, you should give your camera's static IP address as the DCHP is set by the router not the camera.
Re do the downgrader give it plenty of time to complete, then give your camera a static IP address
I use DHCP for all my network devices, i configure a static lease on my DHCP server, this should work fine.
I mentioned the camera did not do DHCP, i guess because it didn't boot correctly.

At the moment i'm allready 20 minutes looking at "Device[192.0.0.64] test tftpserver".
"test tftpserver" pops up immediately, the camera is pingable for like 10 seconds on IP 192.0.0.64.
After that, the ip changes to 192.168.1.64. All IR leds are on the whole time.

I will try to take a packet capture later on, i'm really out of options at the moment.... :-(

Edit:
Packet trace shows the camera with ip 192.0.0.64 downloading digicap.dav from 192.0.0.128 via TFTP.
After that, there is no more activity from 192.0.0.64 towards 192.0.0.128.
Green led is blinking fast.
I guess he reboots with IP 192.168.1.64

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The fact you are getting192.168.1.64 tells me you are using the 5.3.0 fw the downgrader will not give that IP it will give 192.0.0.64

So I'm not sure what's up as your camera is supported by this downgrade.

How are you connecting the camera to you PC?

goessensj

n3wb
Reaction score
The fact you are getting192.168.1.64 tells me you are using the 5.3.0 fw the downgrader will not give that IP it will give 192.0.0.64

So I'm not sure what's up as your camera is supported by this downgrade.

How are you connecting the camera to you PC?
I'm using the .rar file in your signature with digicap.dav file that's included.
I tried connecting to the camera in 2 ways:
- both computer and camera connected to a POE switch
- camera and computer connected to normal switch, camera has an external power source connected

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The later is the best option, does the file complete the send remember to turn off tftp before the camera reboots