Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

goessensj

n3wb
Reaction score
The later is the best option, does the file complete the send remember to turn off tftp before the camera reboots
I will retry it tonight from different computer.

UPDATE

I made me a complete clean install Windows 7 virtual machine, connected to another switch with the camera powered with external PSU.
I got a "System update completed!".

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
192.0.0.64 is the default ip. For something simple onething can easly mess it up lol

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, got everything up and running again.
Thank you very much for your help, if you ever need help, just let me know :)
Just for future you can connect the camera directly to your computer with a lan cable, This is how I did it and the restore went very smooth. You do need to turn off all other adapters including any wifi you have on your computer. I found this the best way. Good job.

goessensj

n3wb
Reaction score
Just for future you can connect the camera directly to your computer with a lan cable, This is how I did it and the restore went very smooth. You do need to turn off all other adapters including any wifi you have on your computer. I found this the best way. Good job.
The problem with a direct link (and external power source) is that some network adapters in computers don't like the link flapping of the Hikvision IP cams.
Also, POE switches take longer to have link up because of the POE negotiation.
Same goes for the TFTP server, you have to use the Hikvision TFTP servers, with my other (allready installed) TFTP server, it did not work.
I guess it's all just about good timing.

I wanted to exclude both software and switch errors, so I started a virtual machine with one adapter to another switch, together with the camera.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it does work, but when using a laptop as most people do these days, the NIC takes to long to configure, this then misses the packets from the camera boot, so it misses the the tftp connection.

This is why using a switch or router is the more stable option as the NIC is already live.

circlek

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a 2CD2332. I attempted upgrade to 5.3 firmware, but camera no longer boots and is not visible by SADP program.

I found this thread, and attempted downgrade by TFTP app. This is what I get:

The TFTP app seems to "see" the camera, but even though I get an update complete message, the camera seems not to be updated.

Any ideas what I can try next?

Attachments

jmadden

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you make sure to set your host machine to IP 192.0.0.128? Also to note, after downgrade my cams were factory defaulted and sitting on the default IP of 192.0.0.64 and default user/pass.

circlek

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, the host is set to 192.0.0.128. When I power on the camera the host tftp seems to recognize that.

I have not been able to browse to the camera at 192.0.0.64, and the sadp tool doesn't find it either.

I'm stumped.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Your update certainly looks OK. Did you shut down the tftp server after the update had completed and you power-cycled the camera?
Did SADP work OK before? It should find the camera even when your PC is back on its normal IP address range.
What was the original firmware version of the camera via the web GUI or SADP, and what version is shown on the label on the camera?

circlek

n3wb
Reaction score
I did shutdown the server after the update. The SADP did see the cameras before.

I am not sure, but I think the camera was running 5.1.2 or thereabouts before I attempted the upgrade to 5.3.0.

One more piece of information. Did you notice from the image I posted above that the time between the tftp server "seeing" the camera and the "system update completed" message is only about 40 seconds? Is that right? The instructions with the downgrader say it should take about 5 minutes.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What it's not showing now that you mention it are the messages about the file transmit, for example:
[2015-07-15 17:42:47] Connect client[192.168.1.211] success
[2015-07-15 17:42:47] Start file[I:\Temp\tftp\digicap.dav] transmitting
[2015-07-15 17:42:56] Completed file[I:\Temp\tftp\digicap.dav] transmit
Do you have the digicap.dav in the folder where tftpserv.exe is stored?

circlek

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, the digicap.dav file was in the right place. Something must be hosed with that camera. I am able to telnet into 192.0.0.64 immediately after an update, but once I reboot the camera that no longer works.

I don't think anything is wrong with the hardware, I just need to get some fresh firmware on there. Can't afford to waste much more time on it, I'll just have to replace it.

On that note, what is the safest, i.e. authorized, retail channel to buy these things? I don't want to deal with failed firmware updates in the future because a reseller has hacked the camera.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On that note, what is the safest, i.e. authorized, retail channel to buy these things? I don't want to deal with failed firmware updates in the future because a reseller has hacked the camera.
milkisbad has rebranded Hiks with the English region at a good price.
Send him a DM.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just re read @circlek this is not the correct firmware to be running on an older camera, first use the 5.16 in my signature below, that will restore your camera to a working state.
Then if you do the mtd hack you will make the camera into US/EN model. once you have done that, you can install firmware from the US/EU site as they are released with no further issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

dealpapa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
nothing works for me. And I end up with 5.3.0 chinese version which is only version works. manufacture date 06/2015. firmware sticker 5.3.0 and actually running 5.2.5.

If you upgrade from web interface directly to chinese 5.3.0, you might have problem with password.

tangalo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi whoslooking, a big thanks for the 5.3 to 5.25 downgrader. I have learnt a lot from this forum, so thanks. I have set up ftp and when I press the test button, it does upload the test file to the ftp site. But none of the events will trigger an ftp upload. I have set up basic events and line crossing etc with sensitivity set to 20, but still no uploads.It was working on 5.20 before I bricked it when I went to 5.3. and I have all the same settings and config as I did with 5.2 to 5.2.5. What could be wrong please?
thansk
Sean

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi whoslooking, a big thanks for the 5.3 to 5.25 downgrader. I have learnt a lot from this forum, so thanks. I have set up ftp and when I press the test button, it does upload the test file to the ftp site. But none of the events will trigger an ftp upload. I have set up basic events and line crossing etc with sensitivity set to 20, but still no uploads.It was working on 5.20 before I bricked it when I went to 5.3. and I have all the same settings and config as I did with 5.2 to 5.2.5. What could be wrong please?
thansk
Sean
Sean
I take it that's it's a 2014 camera just use the 5.16 fw in my signature below, you get better functionality from that version of fw.