Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
nothing works for me. And I end up with 5.3.0 chinese version which is only version works. manufacture date 06/2015. firmware sticker 5.3.0 and actually running 5.2.5.

If you upgrade from web interface directly to chinese 5.3.0, you might have problem with password.
If you used the downgrader and your on 5.2.5, you can now do the mtd hack for 5.2.5 / 5.2.8 this will allow the multi languages to work on your camera

fl688

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Chinese DS02CD1203-i3 IPC, with the firware 5.3.0 built 150513. I tried the downgrader but the tftp keep stuck at: Complete file[.....]transmit.

I attached a screenshot. I connect the camera and pc on the same switch. Am I missing something? Many thanks for your help in advance.

Attachments

tangalo

n3wb
Reaction score
Sean
I take it that's it's a 2014 camera just use the 5.16 fw in my signature below, you get better functionality from that version of fw.
thanks, but did not work. The cam kept rebooting itself on 5.16 :(. It does say on the box that it came with 5.2.8, does that mean I can not go to 5.1.6 ?

Antmano

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought Hikvision DS-2CD2532F with version v5.3.0_150327 reading below. The firmware was 5.2.5 in the web browser. I bricked my cam with 5.3.0 EN firmware and did auto update tool(tftp) with 5.3.0 again because I though the update went wrong... Now I realise its probably CN cam... I try downgrade but it wont show up in tftp server any more...

Any help ?

Antmano

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought Hikvision DS-2CD2532F with version v5.3.0_150327 reading below. The firmware was 5.2.5 in the web browser. I bricked my cam with 5.3.0 EN firmware and did auto update tool(tftp) with 5.3.0 again because I though the update went wrong... Now I realise its probably CN cam... I try downgrade but it wont show up in tftp server any more...

Any help ?
Ok. So I got it working... :)

I was using straight cable to connect my camera and after putting switch between camera and computer it started to see camera in tftp(not in every boot of camera so be patient and try to power cycle camera again)

juul

n3wb
Reaction score
First a very big thank you to the fantastic team that has made it possible for a number of us to restore our brincked cameras.
I got a DS-2CD2332-I (1 yr old) that I upgraded to 5.3.0., only to see it fail with the traditional 404 error.

I spent a lot of time trying to resolve the problem, looking across websites and forums. As soon as I came across this thread, I managed to downgrade to a woking 5.2.5 version. Everything is working fine, but all is in chinese. I then did the mtd hack using the hiktools05R1, changed language in the provided file to 1. I even used to tool to read and verify the change.
I then loaded the modified firmware using the GUI. It went all well (IP was reset back to 192.0.0.64) but it still only show chinese !!!

Can anyone help me understand what is going on, or maybe even help me get it to work in multi-language.

--------------------UPDATE--------------

As I was stock, I decided to play a little further around. I did a mtd hack on the 5.1.6 firmware mentioned in this thread as well, and loaded that version onto the camera. That WORKED !! I now got 5.1.6 installed in English on my CN camera.

Once again, thank you for sharing these tools.

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well done, if you managed to do the mtd hack and have version 5.16 on your camera, your camera is now an ML region if you Choice to upgrade again just use the US or Euro firmware no further messing around with this camera is needed.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Chinese DS02CD1203-i3 IPC, with the firware 5.3.0 built 150513. I tried the downgrader but the tftp keep stuck at: Complete file[.....]transmit.

I attached a screenshot. I connect the camera and pc on the same switch. Am I missing something? Many thanks for your help in advance.
Not tested on this model, I don't think it will work as it looks Cramfs fw on that camera.

adsmart101

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you accept paypal? You just saved me 300 bucks after 4 hours of swearing.....

To restore functions removed by 5.3.0

For Versions 5.3.0

NOTE: I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS YET WITH A 5.3.3 CAMERA
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: This is not for 2cdxxx0 models

Allows Chinese region Cameras to become English / Multi language to work with your NVR without the region mis-match issue.

Tested with my own cameras.

TFTP load only

Telnet restored

Please remember this is a Ghost Firmware and does not change the region of the camera.

Your Chinese camera is still Chinese, but works like a US/EU model.

If you update to another firmware it will be Chinese!

All the normal warnings use at your own risk.

Big thanks to @wzhick @davo22 and others

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hy72q4osstun72/5.30 Downgrader.rar?dl=0

Enjoy and Enjoy for Free:cool::cool:

Please post what cameras you used this on to help others

UPDATE:

If your camera has a firmware sticker below 5.2.5 ( not including) you can use any firmware, you don't have to use this one. If you read the posts you will understand

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's a kind offer, but this release is all free, So smile about your saving and enjoy you camera's :)

dinym

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @whoslooking (or anyone else who has already applied the downgrader process),

I have just bricked (i.e. error: " firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib ") one of my Aliexpress purchased DS-2CD2732F-IS by trying to upgrade firmware from V5.2.0 build 140721 to V5.3.0 build 150513 obtained from the Hikvision website.
I can see the camera in SADP with the Software version V5.3.0 build 150513.

Looking forward to using the downgrader tool (Yay - thanks!!).

Before I start, please could you clarify your first instruction "1. Rename the firmware to digcap.dav"
This is confusing because I don't know what digicap.dav I should rename:
(a) the digicap.dav for 5.3 that I downloaded from Hikvision today and already applied to the camera (which caused the Language error)
(b) the digicap.dav that is already in the downgrader.rar file download from your ipcamtalk link
Please could you clarify this.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi this is not for a 5.2.0 Camera, either use the 5.1.6 below in my signature or download the 5.2.0 and use that.

If you want to upgrade to 5.30 on a 5.20 camera you will need to do the mtd hack first.

dinym

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi this is not for a 5.2.0 Camera, either use the 5.1.6 below in my signature or download the 5.2.0 and use that.

If you want to upgrade to 5.30 on a 5.20 camera you will need to do the mtd hack first.
THANKS very much @whoslooking,

I'll try that out at some point. in the meantime as it was visible on SADP I was able to use the Batch Upgrade Tool in the tools.exe from the Hikvision website to downgrade 5.3.0 to the 5.2.5 digicap.dev you had provided, that got it to a Chinese state but at least it was then accessible. [I wish I knew how to get a copy of the original digicap.dev files off my other identical Hikvision still with 5.2.0 - do you know if this is possible?]

Then I followed the instructions on "How to How to make HikVision firmware v5.2 multilingual!" (+ also had to download Zip7 to update .gx files) .This worked well. Logon screen defaults to Chinese but drop-down enables a switch to English. Fine for now.

As I have an identical camera - "English version from China" it helped that I could run them side by side and work out what the menu options said.

Matjill

n3wb
Reaction score
Just like to point out the text file instructions in Readme file instructed me to
1. Rename the firmware to digcap.dav
so I renamed the my firmware file digicap.dav to digcap.dav as instructed and nothing worked, I was pulling my hair our doing everything as per instructions, Nothing worked Then I decided to change file back to digicap.dav and low and behold it started loading and as per instruction my camera was back online in English and firmware v5.2.5. So please correct the typing mistake in the readme file. Thanks to everyone couldn't done it without you:)

barkster

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't know I had a chinese camera and just downloaded the firmware from hik usa and of course it bricked it. After many hours I finally found a firmware that at least got it going but it only had chinese from dropdown. The sticker on camera has date of 05/15 and the sticker firmware says 5.3.0_150423 but I have two of these cameras and when I log into the other the firmware says 5.2.5 build 141201 so I assume that's the one they hacked to get english on it? Anyhow I've tried tons of firmwares to get english and now complete. I tried this firmware and it completes and even says "Device [192.0.0.64] system update complete!" so I was excited but then it never rebooted and if I cycle power it still bricked with alarm light on and link blinking. I even tried resetting after updating to this firmware. Frustrating... any suggestions?

model ds-2cd2432f-iw

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
if I cycle power it still bricked with alarm light on and link blinking
How do you know it's bricked?
If you haven't already done so - try to find it with SADP, it's likely on a default IP address that you haven't tried, maybe 192.0.0.64 or 192.168.1.64
Link blinking is a good sign, especially if it's not regular. If it's a 2432, the red light is usually on.