Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi
Does any of you know if at the DAHUA SD49225T-HN camera it is possible to attach an white LED light illuminator that turns on when the camera detects motion? If yes, how make to turn on the illuminator?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi
Does any of you know if at the DAHUA SD49225T-HN camera it is possible to attach an white LED light illuminator that turns on when the camera detects motion? If yes, how make to turn on the illuminator?
Yes, this could be accomplished with the correct parts.
Use the alarm out to trigger a relay, which in turn turns on the illuminator.
Setup motion detect to trigger the alarm out.

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What kind of output is the alarm out?
Is it a digital or analog output?

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you know what electrical current is transmitting via the alarm out ? V...mA..
Alarm out ports are typically an open drain transistor, that grounds the pin, so it does not supply power. it supplies ground for the circuit from the source. You need to know the max voltage and current the FET circuit in camera can sink, meaning you also need to know the power on the source end you want to control. This link may help....

IP camera installation - how to use Dahua alarm input/output

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Alarm out ports are typically an open drain transistor, that grounds the pin, so it does not supply power. it supplies ground for the circuit from the source. You need to know the max voltage and current the FET circuit in camera can sink, meaning you also need to know the power on the source end you want to control. This link may help....

IP camera installation - how to use Dahua alarm input/output
Thanks
Is this link also true for this SD49225T-HN camera model?

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks
Is this link also true for this SD49225T-HN camera model?
Generally speaking, yes. I do not have this camera, and could not find the detailed specs online for the max ratings on alarm I/O. You may have to look for this spec in in your camera info. This alarm out port, as most circuits like this application are designed to be pretty universal, since they just provide gnd for a circuit when active. Meaning digital or analog loads. Looking at the MOSFET used in their example, it was rated at 30V max at 6 amps. Pretty high power circuit. What type of load are you trying to drive? ie. light, siren, motor, relay? Another link for you...

How To Connect Relay Module - Dahua Wiki

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I want to use this IP camera set only on COLOR. It is quite sensitive to work well in color mode by night, but I would like to attach a reflector with white light. I do not want to burn all the time, but only when a movement is detected and obvious only when it is dark. The power of the LEDs does not think it will exceed 30..50W

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It has a motion sensor and its only when dark. There's 3 different settings. I have both wattages and use them behind my garage with my cams

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've read through the first 20 or so pages of this thread, but am still trying to determine what the differences are between this camera and the SD592225U-HNI? From what I can tell the differences in terms of functionality are intelligent autotracking, faster pan speed, and size.

What exactly is intelligent autotracking? I noticed that the 49225T lists auto-scan and auto-pan as features on the product page. Is that not the same as autotracking? If not, what is auto-scan and auto-pan?

If i want the camera to automatically track moving objects as they go by (ie: cars, people) would I need the intelligent autotracking feature of the 592X or would the autoscan and pan of the 492X suffice?

Sorry, I am a bit of a PTZ noobie.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've read through the first 20 or so pages of this thread, but am still trying to determine what the differences are between this camera and the SD592225U-HNI? From what I can tell the differences in terms of functionality are intelligent autotracking, faster pan speed, and size.

What exactly is intelligent autotracking? I noticed that the 49225T lists auto-scan and auto-pan as features on the product page. Is that not the same as autotracking? If not, what is auto-scan and auto-pan?

If i want the camera to automatically track moving objects as they go by (ie: cars, people) would I need the intelligent autotracking feature of the 592X or would the autoscan and pan of the 492X suffice?

Sorry, I am a bit of a PTZ noobie.
The SD592225U-HNI has autotracking, which would be what you need to track moving objects as the pass by.

Autoscan and pan, is a program you set up in the camera, to do based on a schedule or other triggers. It won't stop on an object and track it.

Autotracking is a gimmick, it's not reliable at this point in the SD592225U-HNI. In SOME situations, folks have been able to get it to work satisfactory. You are better off with more than one camera covering the views you need instead of a PTZ.

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The SD592225U-HNI has autotracking, which would be what you need to track moving objects as the pass by.

Autoscan and pan, is a program you set up in the camera, to do based on a schedule or other triggers. It won't stop on an object and track it.

Autotracking is a gimmick, it's not reliable at this point in the SD592225U-HNI. In SOME situations, folks have been able to get it to work satisfactory. You are better off with more than one camera covering the views you need instead of a PTZ.
Thanks for the info. I was just reading that other thread on the SD592225U-HNI and did come to the conclusion that autotracking was not working that well.

When you say autoscan and pan could be set based on other triggers, does that mean I could trigger the camera to move based on motion detection from other cameras? What about automatically zooming in or panning towards an object when there is motion in the frame?

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi from good old Germany, :wave:

first of all: Sorry for my bad english. :(
I got my new SD49225T-HN a few days ago. :headbang:

Firmware
Dahua_Firmware.JPG

One (and first) :) question: Is there a problem with the system log?
If i check Motion Detection and IVS in Alarm Type there are entries for MD and IVS
Alarm_Log.JPG
but in the system log there are no entries for MD and IVS. Is this a (known) bug?
System_Log.JPG
Sorry I could not find anything here.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what firmware do people have working reliably for this cam right now? wondering if some of the focusing issues have been fixed? has 2017 firmware improved over 2016?...I end up with blurry snapshots of people walking by right now using 09-21 firmware:

Software Version 2.422.0000.0.R.4.2510, Build Date: 2016-09-21
WEB Version 3.2.1.379855
ONVIF Version 2.4.2
PTZ Version 3.02.20.RHNZ

Also, can someone post what settings they would recommend to optimize this cam's performance over defaults?...like anything you'd say "make these changes immediately"?

lgRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thought I'd share yesterday's spectacular star travel timelapse recording. This is in Middle-TN where the closest neighbor is over 1 mile away - and there is zero light pollution. I set the shutter speed to 1 FPS, HCL, and IR off. Recording is frame per minute.

Thanks @erkme73 to share this clip...

Questions:
Can you confirm the exact model number of this camera ?
( I suppose this-is the SD49225T-HN )

The spec for this model indicate Tilt:-15 ° and at the top of your clip I saw -20 ° !!!

Thanks

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was just reading that other thread on the SD592225U-HNI and did come to the conclusion that autotracking was not working that well.

When you say autoscan and pan could be set based on other triggers, does that mean I could trigger the camera to move based on motion detection from other cameras? What about automatically zooming in or panning towards an object when there is motion in the frame?
If you use a Dahua NVR you can get the camera to go to presets etc. on triggers (MD, IVS) of other cams.

Cold Cam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any idea why I cant see the entire camera picture in the web GUI? (internet explorer) If I have the Live window open with the PTZ controlls to the right, about 20-30% of the bottom and the right part of the picture is missing. I have tried to play with the window setup buttons on the lower left with no luck. "adapt size" doesn't help, and "Original Size" only blow up the IE window a little bit so I need to scroll, but I still can't see the entire camera picture. And the W:H button is set to adaptive. If I set it to original, there is a actually a little more of the picture showing, but still a lot is missing. The only way to get full picture is to click "full screen"/double click, but then of course the PTZ meny is gone. :idk:

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've found that both of my lenovo 4k laptop's do this. But my computer's with a 1080 display work fine.