Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you using any special characters in the username or password Dave?

Wondering if maybe something isn't getting escaped properly - definitely sounds like one for BI support though.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No special characters, I only need to change one character in the password “admin”, eg to “bdmin” to screw it up.

What is the meaning of “escaped”?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same. I tried changing the password to something simple and bam, it screws up.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Strangely no issues with any other cam. Just the PTZ. The adjustable zoom on my starlights all work normal. ‍♂

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In thinking about the details to best advise BI support, did your 49225 PTZ definitely work fine prior to release 5.0.1.0
Unfortunately I made the fatal mistake of changing more than one thing at the same time and so I’m not sure.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It worked when I upgraded to 5 and a few updates after. I really don't pay attention to the updates and honestly it's been so solid since setting up years ago its run without updates forever. I jumped on to the new release and had to relearn some things from lack of tinkering. If there's an update when I login I just run the update and keep trucking.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No special characters, I only need to change one character in the password “admin”, eg to “bdmin” to screw it up.

What is the meaning of “escaped”?
Just purely if it was a special character usually they need an escape character for it to know not to process it, ie the back slash character in Linux is an escape character so if that was in a username or password it would need special handling.

Are you familiar with Wireshark as it may be worth running that on the BI machine to see what http requests are actually being sent to the camera as that may highlight an issue.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Hound Dog 911

Ken Pletzer himself has replied to my BI support request. His reply as follows:-

The software is definitely sending the correct user name. Could this be a bug in the camera firmware? Have you tried another ONVIF software, ODM (ONVIF device manager)?

If you want to send a WAN address with the proper ports forwarded I will try ODM as well.

I replied, thanking him for his support and that I will try and figure out how to use ODM. (Perhaps also Wireshark). I do, though have a like problem on more than one camera type and also so do you with your 49225.

Unfortunately, I’m away on holiday at the moment and wondered if in the meantime, you are able to establish if ODM reports a valid ONVIF camera name etc for your 49225 when the password is not set to “admin”?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Hound Dog 911

Ken Pletzer himself has replied to my BI support request. His reply as follows:-

The software is definitely sending the correct user name. Could this be a bug in the camera firmware? Have you tried another ONVIF software, ODM (ONVIF device manager)?

If you want to send a WAN address with the proper ports forwarded I will try ODM as well.

I replied, thanking him for his support and that I will try and figure out how to use ODM. (Perhaps also Wireshark). I do, though have a like problem on more than one camera type and also so do you with your 49225.

Unfortunately, I’m away on holiday at the moment and wondered if in the meantime, you are able to establish if ODM reports a valid ONVIF camera name etc for your 49225 when the password is not set to “admin”?
Ran into rough times here at home. The mother of our basset pups passed away after birth of 8 puppies. It's been exhausting and emotional here. Bottle feeding 8 puppies is not fun. Enjoy your vacation.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. But I'll bet those pups will be adorable if they do well. Good luck with them.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ran into rough times here at home. The mother of our basset pups passed away after birth of 8 puppies. It's been exhausting and emotional here. Bottle feeding 8 puppies is not fun. Enjoy your vacation.
Hey Hound Dog 911, you must be gutted with the loss of your basset. Being a dog lover myself I really feel it for you.

Forget about CCTV problems, concentrate on the pups.

Kind regards
Dave

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
AC/DC Bassets

When we started we just wanted to share what a wonderful breed of dogs we think bassets are. Most people that breed rehome their dogs when they are done breeding, ours are family. They live inside with us, sleep with us, are family. Lila was my wifes shadow. She's taking it the hardest. Needless to say we are not breeding again after this litter. We won't lose another family member like this. I like our bassets more than most people. ‍♂ We did switch to tube feeding which sounds scary and is the first time you do it but makes life so much simpler feeding 8 puppies every 4 hours. Nap time. Thanks for all the nice comments. I actually came here because I wanted cameras to make sure our babies were being watched all the time. Anyway, thanks again.

brcarls

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a recommended firmware for this camera? I have one and twice now (last week, and about a year ago), the camera went offline for days. Both times, I tried a different POE+ injector, which didn't help. The activity light didn't blink, I couldn't access the web UI and no video in Blue Iris. Both times I gave up troubleshooting and it eventually just started working again in a few days.

The first time this happened, I ran a new ethernet cable to it, but that didn't help either.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lost 3 pups before getting things sorted out. Been a nightmare. Up every 4 hours to feed for 2 weeks now. Ugh!

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is latest firmware everyone is running.

So far no issue:
2018-11-24 dated firmware 2.623.0000000.7.R.R4.2510.9A.NR

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My camera has been flawless other than loss of PTZ with a recent BI update. My fw is old and needs updated. I don't even know where to begin to find it. Very little time right now.