Dahua 4k Starlight with 1/2 sensor (CVI only for now)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I have some videos made from HAC-HFW3802 - this is the same sensor.

I'm planning to make some tests with IP version of this camera. I have fixed and varifocal HFW1831 and HFW2831
wooo, you are faster than us, our new ones ready next week, lol.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps. In theory a larger sensor will produce better quality images, but a 1/2" sensor is only about 2x the size of a 1/2.8" sensor, while containing 4x as many pixels, so the pixels are still smaller on the higher resolution camera. How much that actually matters depends on too many other variables such as the lens and the specific sensor technology.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Burton_Flooring

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did anybody notice they updated their specs on the Dahua website? It explains a LOT! lol (the whole too good to be true lux ratings are starting to make sense):

Capture.PNG

tomw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi Andy. Are you stocking he dome version too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
If that is true about the sensor that will make a nice difference for night vision. I have been buying the Hikvision varifocal version with that sensor and it is a good one. I might have to upgrade a few cameras yet again. Hahahaha

Edit: I forgot that this is a 8MP carmera. It will be interesting to see the night pictures.

Last edited:

Korgoth

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If that is true about the sensor that will make a nice difference for night vision. I have been buying the Hikvision varifocal version with that sensor and it is a good one. I might have to upgrade a few cameras yet again. Hahahaha

Edit: I forgot that this is a 8MP carmera. It will be interesting to see the night pictures.
Strange. There is no Hikvision camera with this sensor.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Korgoth

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You mean this?
First of all 1.8" 2.0mpx from Hikvision is Sony sensor, so it's completely different. Bigger pixel, better low light.

Second, I see that Dahua messed something up. First version of HFW1831 and HFW2831 was 1/2" Omnivision sensor with enhanced low light "my previous videos).

New version is 1/1.8", I have no idea who is making this sensor. I will check this out.
Now I'm a little bit worried. 1/2" was great, best 4k image I ever had with this price

cb8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First of all 1.8" 2.0mpx from Hikvision is Sony sensor, so it's completely different. Bigger pixel, better low light.

Second, I see that Dahua messed something up. First version of HFW1831 and HFW2831 was 1/2" Omnivision sensor with enhanced low light "my previous videos).

New version is 1/1.8", I have no idea who is making this sensor. I will check this out.
Now I'm a little bit worried. 1/2" was great, best 4k image I ever had with this price

Could it be they are using the new Sony IMX334LQR instead? It was announced a while back.