Dahua 4MP 25mm LPR Modification

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
No traffic cams used here except on commercial vehicles unless you're crossing a border. Definitely no automated speeding tickets, red light cams, etc. I couldn't care less about highway speeders (been known to do a little of that myself) but man up a little and don't hide your plate.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
working with @cor35vet on this camera, showed him the cropping sub-stream feature that the international varifocal bullet has and he's been able to force it on.. he's gonna get me some firmware soon tha'll let me get a cropped 720p substream out of this in MJPEG for alprd, since I cannot get a 4MP MJPEG out of this camera he may have just saved the day.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ah fucking shitballs..
IMAG0752.jpg

I suppose the lens put too much tension on the glass, found it like this today.. it broke just sitting on the table.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sooo, move onto my other 4MP Dahua bullet and put this one into the garage since I dont need a lens cover in there? or just go hardcode now, toss all this into a new enclosure attached to the back side of my fence and go for a totally hidden LPR camera setup through a hole just large enough for lens? hrmm, one is easy.. one is fun.. sigh, im a suckah..

too much epoxy holding old glass down to remove and put a replacement piece of plexiglass in or anything..

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sooo, move onto my other 4MP Dahua bullet and put this one into the garage since I dont need a lens cover in there? or just go hardcode now, toss all this into a new enclosure attached to the back side of my fence and go for a totally hidden LPR camera setup through a hole just large enough for lens? hrmm, one is easy.. one is fun.. sigh, im a suckah..
Might fit in this:
11" Outdoor Back Open Camera Housing - Monoprice.com

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well at least I was the dumbass who didnt put a spacer in a retired camera; for anyone reading this in the future.. put a washer or something down before you screw the cctv board in so the lens dont break through the glass heh.. thats all you'll need to avoid the headache I now have.. there is ample room to stack washers and add longer screws to give you all the room you need, I was just trying to get by with the minimum.. doh.

starting to build the new camera, board and everything is mounted.. now comes the bitch, the wiring harness is epoxied into the back of the camera.. soooo, a lil chop chop here and a lil solder there, add in a lil bit of luck.. might just cut off the ethernet plug and solder it back in, leaving no audio, external power except for raw wires.

IMAG0754.jpg

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Hell of a cheap/easy way to get a reliable 25mm cam without having to risk taking one apart.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks to me like it tops out a 16mm which is still good
It comes in 25mm too, they just dont have em stocked... I emailed one of the vendors on AliExpress and asked this was the response:
me: can you get this in 25mm?
vendor: yeah ,but we have no in stock !
if you order ,we need purchasing it from Dahua Company!
Dahua delivery time of 40 days!
Can you wait for it?

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It comes in 25mm too, they just dont have em stocked... I emailed one of the vendors on AliExpress and asked this was the response:
so it comes from dahua with the 25mm?
if thats the case andy should also be able to grab it

Mattias

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone that have bought that camera with 25mm lens? (IPC-HFW4431K-I6)

Mattias

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, tell us when you get an update, because I'm interested in one of these cams.