Dahua 4MP 25mm LPR Modification

cb8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua just listed a new 4MP bullet with 7-35 varifocal lens, IPC-HFW5431E-Z5. Though with the existing IPC-HFW5431E-Z being listed at ~$300 on Ali, it's quite a bit more expensive than the IPC-HFW4431K-I6...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
fuck yeah, given the issues I had with plates needing refocused at night I have a feeling having a varifocal will be much better for LPR use.. I fear the HFW4431K-i6 @ 25mm will need to be taken apart and refocused for LPR use.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry about your Len. But I recalled that your first LPR is hidden in a birdhouse right? Couldn't you just lose the glass and put this one in a birdhouse and plexiglass inside the entrance of the birdhouse to protect it from outdoor element?

Bill

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
my other one is using every bit of it its 60mm lens, this 25mm rig wont do anything for that

cb8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
fuck yeah, given the issues I had with plates needing refocused at night I have a feeling having a varifocal will be much better for LPR use.. I fear the HFW4431K-i6 @ 25mm will need to be taken apart and refocused for LPR use.
That's a good point. Makes the IPC-HFW5431E-Z5 very appealing. Guess I'll just have to pick one up whenever Andy can get a hold of it.

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
wow very nice from the looks of it
maybe dahua is watching this forum and knows what we want camera wise :)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Dahua just listed a new 4MP bullet with 7-35 varifocal lens, IPC-HFW5431E-Z5. Though with the existing IPC-HFW5431E-Z being listed at ~$300 on Ali, it's quite a bit more expensive than the IPC-HFW4431K-I6...
should keep a proper profit and make the ball rolling, my target is to help all guys an affordable and stable system kit. For guys here surely cheaper. ..

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I seen on another post that the IPC-HFW5431E-Z5 is delayed until the 14th. I'm patiently waiting for a review. Hopefully @nayr doesn't have too much going on at home & work when this arrives. If it turns out good I'll definitely be in for 1.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Come April shit's gonna get busy around here, I have an out of state vehicle to pickup, a weekend w/parents, my birthday weekend and a buttload of backed yardwork to get done so the yard aint shit this year; hell its right now its busy.. I have a wife who's in a hormonal state called nesting (new appliances, new furniture, new paint, everything has to be fucking new for some reason).. Luckily March Madness is gonna kick off this weekend after Selection Sunday so its time for some man shit like drinking beer and watching basketball.

this is what I had to pickup today:

Luckily I got most of this camera review down to an art now, test rig is in place and test cameras are on shelf, just an hour or so of playing with it in the day and then again in the dark.. its the video production that takes the most time/creativity.. Really only need to compare it to the varifocal starlight as thats what I set the bar against and it has good comparisons and independent comparisons too... though these 35mm might make me have to move the rig to someplace with more distance ;)