Dahua Firmware Mod Kit + Modded Dahua Firmware

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
I just downloaded DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Eos_EngFraSpaRus_PN_Stream3_V2.420.0000.22.R.20161209.bin firmware and it works.
Just wanted to make sure that no other new firmware exists.

Thanks again.

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi
I just downloaded DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Eos_EngFraSpaRus_PN_Stream3_V2.420.0000.22.R.20161209.bin firmware and it works.
Just wanted to make sure that no other new firmware exists.

Thanks again.
There is a newer chinese firmware for Eos, but no official/english one newer than 20161209.
And the chinese one only adds firmware signature verification and breaks telnet from what I've seen...

uronito

n3wb
Reaction score
hi @cor35vet ,

It could be added by modifying the firmware of the camera DH-SD29204T-GN-W the option of autotracking?

Thanks!!!

jonguie ma

n3wb
Reaction score
I patched the Chinese one very quickly and flashed it to my cam: https://i.botox.bz/dh_ipc-hx4xxx-eos_chn_pn_stream3_v2.426.0000.22.r.20170309.bin

I don't see any changes to be honest...

When the English version is out I'll make a full image, this one has: region check patched, telnet added, eng,spa,fra,rus from previous version, disabled update and T2U "watchnet" server/ lechange pro
So it should be fine for testing, but don't flash all of your cameras yet ^^
I have a very strange thing with this firmware: First i had inside the tab Event the options smartplan ivs etc. But yesterday i logged in and in this tab only the tab video detection and abnormality tab are availible. The other tabs inside this event tab are away!! How is it possible??? Is there a backdoor inside this firmware or something???

Nicko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, you're totale right but it's the only firmware i can found on the offical dahua webpage of the cam ??

IPC-HDBW5231R-Z | Dahua Technology

so i think my be the older one should pass? i can't understand why the "newest" one is rejected as "illegal" ?

Nicko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
no, i can't flash this one, because it's saying illegal (englsih version not patched) but may be a i will be able with the patched version (i really hope so)

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no, i can't flash this one, because it's saying illegal (englsih version not patched) but may be a i will be able with the patched version (i really hope so)
How do you know that is the reason?
Try redownloading my file.

Nicko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have test 3 times (3 files downloads frm your post) on 3 differents cams, exactely the same. I have this message

" illegal update, update fail, need to reboot"
any idea?

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How through Firmware sing.img
somebody tell me?

Last edited:

bashis

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Later versions of Dahua FW has telnetd is disabled by default, however telnetd can be enabled/disabled by one simple JSON request.

Remote dump's from some research I have doing some time (even console debug shell via JSON is possible)

[IPC-HDBW1320E-W] / # getdefault Telnet
[request]
{"session": 217419250, "params": {"name": "Telnet"}, "method": "configManager.getDefault", "id": 1}
[responce]
{ "id" : 1, "params" : { "table" : { "Enable" : false } }, "result" : true, "session" : 217419250 }

[IPC-HDBW1320E-W] / # telnetd enable
[request]
{"session": 217419250, "params": {"name": "Telnet"}, "method": "configManager.getConfig", "id": 20}
[responce]
{ "id" : 20, "params" : { "table" : { "Enable" : false } }, "result" : true, "session" : 217419250 }

[request]
{"method": "configManager.setConfig", "session": 217419250, "params": {"table": {"Enable": true}, "name": "Telnet"}, "id": 21}
[responce]
{ "id" : 21, "params" : { "options" : null }, "result" : true, "session" : 217419250 }
[IPC-HDBW1320E-W] / #

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Later versions of Dahua FW has telnetd is disabled by default, however telnetd can be enabled/disabled by one simple JSON request.

Remote dump's from some research I have doing some time (even console debug shell via JSON is possible)

[IPC-HDBW1320E-W] / # getdefault Telnet
[request]
{"session": 217419250, "params": {"name": "Telnet"}, "method": "configManager.getDefault", "id": 1}
[responce]
{ "id" : 1, "params" : { "table" : { "Enable" : false } }, "result" : true, "session" : 217419250 }

[IPC-HDBW1320E-W] / # telnetd enable
[request]
{"session": 217419250, "params": {"name": "Telnet"}, "method": "configManager.getConfig", "id": 20}
[responce]
{ "id" : 20, "params" : { "table" : { "Enable" : false } }, "result" : true, "session" : 217419250 }

[request]
{"method": "configManager.setConfig", "session": 217419250, "params": {"table": {"Enable": true}, "name": "Telnet"}, "id": 21}
[responce]
{ "id" : 21, "params" : { "options" : null }, "result" : true, "session" : 217419250 }
[IPC-HDBW1320E-W] / #
Interesting, this is the JSON RPC for the WebUI?
Because it looks just like this: Dahua Enable Telnet
Which firmware have you tried this on?

Also my utelnetd is not working on the Rhea firmware because it's Ambarella, which are using a different libc and don't provide any SDKs.
Busy with exams right now though.

bashis

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is my own developed tool, nothing to do with SDK at all (and tried on multiple FW versions).

But yes, the request is normal JSON via WebUI, and the most interesting part of the request is this to enable:

I'll release what I've been researching, when I'm done with the stuff

chinh_mb

n3wb
Reaction score
To cor35vet. Please help config for HCVR_4xxx_4 Chinese recorder. After unpacking and compression, it is not possible to run the upgrade on the device. Although not fix the software inside.
Link firmware: 大华股份

Hamyx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi dear All
I'm new here as well to topic, first of all thank you all to accept me into this great forum commits.

I got one from friend, and was working fine till I try to upgrade firmware, that didn't finish and stack so I reboot the device and the device wont boot any more.

I need help to recovery it or re-flash with similar Firmware or other since it can work, and I can pay for they service. Moreover if someone can provide as well HDD clone image from the same model range or similar device that I can use to recovery it I can pay as well.

Please any one help to install OS on this device even if need to pay for guide or software licence..

hamyxster@gmail.com
Best regards

nvr-128-ch-dahua-dh-nvr-6000d.jpg nvr6000-8tb_2.jpg

aicon

n3wb
Reaction score
My cam type is: IPC-HDW4431C-A-V2
Is the Eos firmware compatible with it?
The list does not contain the V2 version.
thx

Attachments

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Many chance.
2016 SDK not so old and i think yes.
V2 - posible mean something and they just forget about it
Eos - is the main!