Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN & SD29204T-GN)

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark but have you gone into Internet Explorer (actual IE not Edge) and tried different Compatibility View settings? Click the gear cog on the upper right and go into "Compatibility View settings". Also add the camera's IP address to the safe zone.

You could also try the NACL web plugin for Chrome- open a window in it, plug your cam's IP address into the URL bar, and log in that way.

Also try deleting the directories under Program Files/webrec/Torch to delete the .dlls etc and force a fresh reload of the webplugin the next time you log into the camera.

jaderoyston

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. No luck. I tried adding the camera to the safe zone and no change in the interface or save buttons showing up on the screen.

I use the cameras as completely web based, I do not install any software on the computer. I have a separate server I stream and record the video from.

Here is another shot just taken without the save buttons. I am thinking there has to be a firmware change that I can apply for these settings to show?

Here is a link I have found about the settings page I am trying to adjust and this cameras interface on this link is totally different than mine. The camera in this tutorial on the link is obviously different model or firmware but it appears to have the correct functionality for me to save the settings I need to change. IPC/Camera Configuration - Dahua Wiki

Any other ideas of getting my cameras interface to look like the one in the link above? Hopefully the cameras I have can actually respond to changes in the HLC setting.

You can even see in the photo attached the ring around the lamp in my office is horribly bright.

Thanks in advance.cap4.PNG

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Apart from adding them to the safe zone did you try my other tips?

jaderoyston

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did delete .dll's from program files and installed fresh plugin.

I did not install NACL plugin for chrome. Do you have a direct link / instructions to install? I am getting an SDK zipped file?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm out and about on my phone atm. Seems to me I got it through the app store in the browser though.

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the SD29204S and do not have a 'Backlight' menu within the 'Conditions' menu. My lighting compensation settings are on the Exposure menu.
I've noticed most people mentioned to use the "default" option. While default likely would have worked for me too, I noticed my Slow Shutter settings were goofy. I simply selected a value for slow shutter, instead of blank, and then my lighting compensation settings would work. Maybe give this a try.
Also, I do not have save/refresh options either.
WDR Settings.PNG

jaderoyston

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I fixed it! It had nothing to do with no save buttons. The config files were wrong on all the cameras.

I had ordered 1 camera first to test out and the picture was great. I then ordered 25 cameras and every single one had a problem. I was able to "Export" the config file from the good camera and "Import" the file to all the other cameras. It had nothing to do with HLC and I didn't even need those features after all.

Something was screwy in the config files of the cameras that was giving the horribly bright glares. (Damn sure glad I ordered that one test cameras to steal the config file from!)

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I recently received this camera.
What do I need to Eve mount this camera? (I asked this question in a wrong forum for a different turret cam the other day...)

The base is plastic and I don't see any way to easily separate it or mount it without buying an additional junction box.
Any recommendations on how to hand it under Eve would be appreciated.

Tsikura

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The camera comes with a small thin metal plate that you stick to wherever you want to place the camera. Then you just lock the camera itself with the 3 screws underneath to the metal plate.

I had the chance to put up my PTZ over the weekend and I am happy as heck. Still gotta play and understand the settings but already 1000x better than the old zmodo crap I had.

Attachments

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently received this camera.
What do I need to Eve mount this camera? (I asked this question in a wrong forum for a different turret cam the other day...)

The base is plastic and I don't see any way to easily separate it or mount it without buying an additional junction box.
Any recommendations on how to hand it under Eve would be appreciated.
Like Tsikura said, there's a metal bracket that comes with it for mounting. Check post 162 on page 6 there's a picture of it.

I've had mine mounted that way since May with no issues so far. Its been really hot and humid this past summer and now we're getting below freezing temps. I did cover up some of the openings at the base with drops of silicone.

Last edited:

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Like Tsikura said, there's a metal bracket that comes with it for mounting. Check post 162 on page , there's a picture of it.

I've had mine mounted that way since May with no issues so far. Its been really hot and humid this past summer and now we're getting below freezing temps. I did cover up some of the openings at the base with drops of silicone.
Thanks...I don't recall getting that bracket in my box unfortunately.
I'm chancing it being mounted outside like some of you here.
How have any of you attempted to "weatherproof" this camera to minimize possible water \ moisture killing it other than a silicone bead around the base?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Like Tsikura said, there's a metal bracket that comes with it for mounting. Check post 162 on page , there's a picture of it.

Yes, it should have a bracket THERE, but if you want to make professional installing, you have to buy PFB302S and PFA103 which looks much better.

Attachments

jaderoyston

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having trouble with setting a time task for the camera to go back to preset "Home" or whatever, "Preset 1" one time a day. There's a setting in the time Time Task screen that is "Auto Home" and that can only go from 1 second to 3600 seconds (1 hour). So any change made to the PTZ will go back to home in one hour or whatever that is set at. I want this PTZ only to revert back to "home" once a day.

I tried messing with the period setting and changing that to a time that is not close to the time now and that didn't change anything.

Any help? Thanks

time task.PNG

jaderoyston

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I figured it out. My time on my camera was not set / synced with the correct time.

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was looking to order one of these cameras but found out that it has been superseded by SD29204T-GN. Don't want to change the subject here but cant find much info (besides the specs) about the SD29204T-GN.

jaderoyston

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was looking to order one of these cameras but found out that it has been superseded by SD29204T-GN. Don't want to change the subject here but cant find much info (besides the specs) about the SD29204T-GN.
I have never had one of the "S" models only the "T" models. They work great (after having uploading the correct config file to all my cameras) I had a lighting problem with most of them expect one and I stole the config file and copied to all other cameras and they work great.

I have extra in U.S. (Wisconsin) if you didn't want to wait for shipment from China. I would charge $250 all-in (shipping included). You can send me an email at info@eyeintheskysports.com.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have never had one of the "S" models only the "T" models. They work great (after having uploading the correct config file to all my cameras) I had a lighting problem with most of them expect one and I stole the config file and copied to all other cameras and they work great.

I have extra in U.S. (Wisconsin) if you didn't want to wait for shipment from China. I would charge $250 all-in (shipping included). You can send me an email at info@eyeintheskysports.com.
Do you have that config file? Seems like the one I got does have some lighting issues. What was the lighting issue that you had?

jaderoyston

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have that config file? Seems like the one I got does have some lighting issues. What was the lighting issue that you had?
Brightness, any light was showing ridiculously bright and impossible to see anything. This forum does not allow me to attach the type of file that the config file is. If you send me an email I can attach it then.