Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN & SD29204T-GN)

jaderoyston

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here you go. Let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

jnr64

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone one know the correct junction-box that works with this camera. I have seen the wall mount, but am interested in a junction box for ceiling mount. Thanks very much.

jnr64

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks to both nayr and tangent. Guess I'll have to make a junction box from something from hardware store. Again, thanks.

jaderoyston

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having a problem with some of the cameras now. Every 3 minutes and 30 seconds or so they zoom in and get blurry and then zoom out and refocus. Almost like it is automatically refocusing every 3 1/2 minutes? I am streaming events with the cameras so I can't have the focus go in and out like that every couple minutes.

Anyone else see this problem or have a suggestion to fix it?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
do you have focus set to auto or semi-auto? also make sure you dont have slow shutter enabled.

jaderoyston

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The focus is on Semi Auto. I am guessing I want to keep it at Semi-Auto because sometimes we have people operate the camera and moving it during events so it would refocus for them.

I have just turned off Slow Shutter. How about the other settings on the exposure page below slow shutter, what are the 2D NR and 3D NR settings, they are both currently checked on my cams.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine's Semi Auto also, no slow shutter.. never seen behavior like your describing.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is a 6 second clip of what I am talking about: https://www.eyeintheskysports.com/zoom/zoom.html

Only some cameras do this. All have the same custom config file "imported" into them and the settings should be the same across the board. Only some of them do this every 3 1/2 minutes.
Saw another vid where this type of thing was happening... seems like it's trying to focus on the stuff in the foregound and that's the cause.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
too me that looks more like someone zoomed it in and out and less focus.. do u have any kinda scripts/controls/software hooked up?

jaderoyston

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
too me that looks more like someone zoomed it in and out and less focus.. do u have any kinda scripts/controls/software hooked up?
No. All the cameras I receive I take straight out of the box, upload a config file so that all cameras have the same video and audio settings, and only other thing I need to change is IP addresses. All the cameras that this is happening to are on totally separate networks with totally separate IP's.

All we do is receive the video stream. There are no scripts/controls/softwares hooked up to the actual camera. The only thing we receive and forward is the video stream.

We have about 45 camera out there and this is only happening to about 4 of them. All settings are the same as the other 41 that are not doing this. Could it just be a hardware issue with a select number of cameras?

tangent - I also have other cameras that do not have anything in the closer foreground and it is still zooming in/out like the video.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
could be underpowered, try swapping the cameras having a problem with ones not having a problem and determine if the problem is with the camera or the cabling.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any settings I can use to fix this?
Agree kind of looked like something was changing the zoom, but I think stuff in the foreground may have been messing with AF

I'm not sure on the fix, but I wouldn't take relocating the camera off the table.

jaderoyston

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Agree kind of looked like something was changing the zoom, but I think stuff in the foreground may have been messing with AF

I'm not sure on the fix, but I wouldn't take relocating the camera off the table.
During main event hours when we are actually streaming the side hoop that is in the way is lifted out of the way. Here is another photo from another camera that is doing the same thing with nothing in the way.

nayr, I do not believe it is a cabling issue, we had a previous model camera that was not ptz in all of these locations and we just replaced the camera with the newer version. The problem with trying to replace the problem cameras is that they are 80 or more miles away from my location. So solving this issue remotely is ideal.

vlcsnap-2017-01-19-15h53m37s601.png

jaderoyston

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I almost have to agree with nayr that there must be a script or control that is automatically doing this because the time frame between instances is always right around 3 minutes and 30 seconds away. It doesn't matter what is happening on the screen for the zoom in/out to take place its only based on time.

I do not believe I could have imported this into the camera. Does anyone know how to remove them?