Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN & SD29204T-GN)

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It does look pretty mean in all black...but that I imagine would heat up more if used outside, ( I know it's supp to be indoor only)...but black indoor, when it is usually near the ceilings which are typically white would really stand out.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
move the ptz with the controls a lil to the left right.. not with your hands

yes, all PTZ's are generally audible.. electrical motors are not generally silent.. if you park the motor at just the right spot it'll whine

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have placed the camera on a flat surface (indoor) so I have to digitaly flip the picture 180 degrees. I have also tried to physical turn the camera with my hands, but I can stil hear some noise. When I set some strength on the camera body the noise is somewhat adjustable.

But in other words this noise I hear is just the type of camera?
I don't get any noise with mine when it is just sitting still.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
move the ptz with the controls a lil to the left right.. not with your hands

yes, all PTZ's are generally audible.. electrical motors are not generally silent.. if you park the motor at just the right spot it'll whine
Of course I use the PTZ controls. I don't wan't the camera to brake :)

I just hope that it isn't the camera itself and I received a monday morning model.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its possible to induce noise in DC motors w/shit power.. put it on an endless patroll for a lil while and let the thing warm up to operating temperatures and break in a lil bit.. give it a lil burnin and noises might start diminishing.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks. I'll will try that. Maybe it will vanish away at a certain amount of operation time.

Keep you informed.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I thing this cam with starlight performance and outdoor all weather design would be a great product.
A lot of people, althouh they may not really need it, would like a nice low profile PTZ with good night vision and a decent 10x (not 4x) zoom.
Wish they would make that in this form factor. I think it would sell like crazy.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
installed this in the kiddo's room today, I like it.. super wide, put it against the wall instead in a corner and it squares the room out nicely.. at night it zooms in on the bed

be warned installing this up against a soffit, someone mentioned earlier it gets hot and that it does.. it discolored my white plastic soffit outside.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed mine gets very hot just sitting doing nothing on my test bench...not even with IR.
Is that typical?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
suppose so, was hot as shit when I pulled it off the bench.. others have reported the same.

mines over a year outside and still working fine, but it'll spend its days indoors now.. the 4x zoom is perfect inside

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can also confirm that the body (at mounting side) gets very hot. Only after 20 to 30 minutes operation time.
Maybe it's normal behavior.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
here's some shots of my son's filthy ass room in the dark at wide and full zoom:
NVR_Kids Bedroom_main_20170212185853.jpg NVR_Kids Bedroom_main_20170212185916.jpg

Were gonna make the 2 kids bunk together for a few years, until the oldest is willing to give up a bunch of toys in exchange for his own room.. Here in the coming months we'll move his bed to the opposite wall and put the crib back up under the camera, wife's giving up her home office/studio to the kids playroom and she's moving down to the main floor with me.

Makes a nice nanny cam, if you have kids you know the'll fall asleep anywhere in the room.. floor, toybox, dresser, pile of stuffed animals.. everything's game when your playing to exhaustion.. panning around to find em then zooming in to see what they are up too is quite useful.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ye'all must have precious lil snowflakes; I can catapult my son into bed from the main floor w/out waking him up..

a lil whirring noise has absolutely zero chance of waking anyone of my bloodline up.. we'll sleep through natural disasters.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well my youngest daugter is when she sleep she does not wake from noise.
More when put in bed, getting to sleep sometimes. Now she goes to school and more thing go through her head i assume.

And the room looks like an explosive went off there :)