Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN & SD29204T-GN)

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm reading this topic and following it . I will wait now for some screenshots and feedback... did this one had the auto track detection ?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just received the SD29204S-GN) a few days ago and playing around with it.

The image is nice but right away I noticed barrel distortion, (at least I think that is what it is called), where the image looks curved somewhat on the sides and top...a little like what you see in some of those gopro videos.

I'll admit, I've not made my way through all the settings or any help file if it has one.
I just have it on default settings right out of the box at the moment.
For example, looking at a view of my unfinished basement, the suport beam and floor joists above it look somewhat curved.

Is there a way to correct this?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your fully zoomed out; which is wider than 90 degrees so that effect is normal for wide angle lensing.. if you zoom in just a lil bit it'll go away.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It was fully zoomed out.
Th

Nice to have a little more than 90 deg actually in some cases.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sorry I am currently in Hong Kong. When I get back in a few weeks I will set it up. I purchased my camera from BEC Technology Co.,Ltd. You can see my feedback on the AliExpress page for their shop.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry I am currently in Hong Kong. When I get back in a few weeks I will set it up. I purchased my camera from BEC Technology Co.,Ltd. You can see my feedback on the AliExpress page for their shop.
You have the -W version which is the wifi version with no POE - did you intend to buy that one?

I got burnt a few weeks ago when I received mine as it was supposed to be NTSC with POE and instead got PAL with Wifi and no POE.
Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN)

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
You ever got that resolved?
If you call it that. It was either ship it back (and pay shipping to do so) or take a $40 refund via paypal and keep the camera, so I kept it since that's roughly a $200 camera for $120. It's still sitting in the box though as I believe I am going to just sell it and pick up the proper one with POE just so I can run off the NVR it was intended for vs. having another power supple and a few injectors crammed into an already full cabinet. They sent me the proper NTSC firmware as well.

dorcse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did the seller say that all of the PAL offerings of this cam come without POE? Or was it just the model with WiFi they substituted without permission? I don't have a problem with a PAL cam instead of NTSC since either will work fine. The lack of POE issue is more concerning. In any case, getting what is ordered is paramount.

n8huntsman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just ordered the T model (SD29204T-GN), hoping for IVS, along with a IPC-HDW5231R-Z starlight because I couldn't decide whether I would like a PTZ or a better night vision fixed camera. I can find a use for both anyway. I got them from Empire Technology Co., Ltd because they were the only company that had both cameras and they happened to be the same company that I ordered my SD6AL230F-HNI from. I had no complaints with my previous order so hopefully that will carry forward. I'll let you know how it goes and confirm whether the T model has IVS or not.

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got the DH-SD29204S-GN in today, started playing with it. Really nice camera. I'm struggling with IR though. Is there a way to manually turn it on? I've only seen the red LED's on once since I've been playing. Moved it to a pitch black room hoping the lack of external light would trigger the sensor/software to turn them on but no luck yet. Any help here is appreciated.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got burnt a few weeks ago when I received mine as it was supposed to be NTSC with POE and instead got PAL with Wifi and no POE.
I was under the impression pal vs ntsc really didn't matter, sub stream resolutions may differ slightly (but I don't recall the exact diff). Am I missing something? 50/60hz oddities?

No PoE would be probably be dealbreaker for me too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I missed that finer detail of no POE as I was getting the S model first without wifi, but the seller was out of stock. It will work out fine, but POE will be a must on all future cams. I will put this down to a learning curve. Haha. I have learnt so much from this forum. I miss network camera critic, Carl was great!

Last edited: