Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2

rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quick question.
Should I setup the IPCAM to automatically receive an IP when connected to the POE NVR or leave it static?
I know the NVR overwrites the static IP but was just wondering...

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nvr arrived and some more cams too, fast and free shipping, I payed only what empire technology asked on aliexpress , not any more bill once my stuff were here. Thanks Andy as always it was a pleasure to make business with you !

Attachments

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How are people connecting to this with a mobile device using iDMSS Plus?

A VPN between the mobile device and router and then connecting on the local network or over the Easy4IP/cloud option?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This model right now get the latest new firmware 20170418 dahua engineer said can improve the smart functions working. Right now can't download on their website. The engineer send to us. Future after you make any updates, not forget to make a default.
I can send this via skype, China can't use dropbox, sucked....
PS. Ths firmware is for all NVR5XXX-4KS2 one.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Got the firmware from Andy, here's a link to it in my Dropbox:

Dropbox - General_NVR5XXX-4K_Eng_V3.210.0003.0.R.20170418.bin

It's way past my bedtime. I had no luck trying to upgrade the firmware through the NVR webpage. Ended up putting it on a USB, plugging it into the front of the NVR, and upgrading from there.

I don't use the NVR directly a lot, so I'm not sure if this is really new (vs. something I didn't notice before), but you can zoom/focus the 5231 varifocal from the right-click menu now. That's cool.

Also haven't had chance to play around with this at all, but the Smart Play option from the main menu now shows IVS and Vehicle Recognition. Before, mine only showed Facial Recognition.

Andy recommended that the NVR be set back to defaults after the firmware update is done. I'll do this tomorrow, don't want to mess with it tonight.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Got the firmware from Andy, here's a link to it in my Dropbox:

Dropbox - General_NVR5XXX-4K_Eng_V3.210.0003.0.R.20170418.bin

It's way past my bedtime. I had no luck trying to upgrade the firmware through the NVR webpage. Ended up putting it on a USB, plugging it into the front of the NVR, and upgrading from there.

I don't use the NVR directly a lot, so I'm not sure if this is really new (vs. something I didn't notice before), but you can zoom/focus the 5231 varifocal from the right-click menu now. That's cool.

Also haven't had chance to play around with this at all, but the Smart Play option from the main menu now shows IVS and Vehicle Recognition. Before, mine only showed Facial Recognition.

Andy recommended that the NVR be set back to defaults after the firmware update is done. I'll do this tomorrow, don't want to mess with it tonight.
Can updated for NVR52XX-4KS2 or NVR52XX-16P/8P-4KS2.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
With the new firmware, I'm anxiously awaiting to find out:
1. Does it fix the dropped-frames bug on event detection?
2. Do Chinese market cameras still work ok with it?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Do Chinese market cameras still work ok with it? This is no problem for the working, dahua till now still not make any prevent for these models working overseas.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Do Chinese market cameras still work ok with it? This is no problem for the working, dahua till now still not make any prevent for these models working overseas.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This one got from dahua engineer, the latest new one. DH logo one can be later, there is no different just have logo or without,.
@EMPIRETECANDY , can you let the engineer know that the issue with missing frames after an IVS event still happens?

Also, could you please ask if there are newer web plug-ins for this firmware version? I can't login to the web interface on the new firmware using Safari anymore, and IE acts weird (showing some Chinese text sometimes). @Tygunn can't use IE and is having to use the Chrome plugin.

Thanks Andy!!!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY , can you let the engineer know that the issue with missing frames after an IVS event still happens?

Also, could you please ask if there are newer web plug-ins for this firmware version? I can't login to the web interface on the new firmware using Safari anymore, and IE acts weird (showing some Chinese text sometimes). @Tygunn can't use IE and is having to use the Chrome plugin.

Thanks Andy!!!
OK, can show me a picture for the Chinese text?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, can show me a picture for the Chinese text?
@EMPIRETECANDY , here you go.

IE11 (using the web plug-in that came with this NVR firmware):

Chinese text:

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 10.56.37 AM.png

If you look at that same menu using Safari (without any web-plug), the text isn't Chinese:

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 10.56.25 AM.png

Also with IE 11 ... it doesn't show any cameras on the Preview tab:
(note -- the web-plug used was the one that came from this NVR firmware)

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 10.59.37 AM.png