Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2

hd88

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 8 cameras installed with this NVR. Is there a way to re-order how the cameras display on the live view?

thanks

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 8 cameras installed with this NVR. Is there a way to re-order how the cameras display on the live view?

thanks
I don't think so. I had to delete them all and add them back in the order you want them.In the camera remote (called registration in the new firmware) page.

hd88

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think so. I had to delete them all and add them back in the order you want them.In the camera remote (called registration in the new firmware) page.
Did you do this on the NVR or remote via SmartPSS? When adding them back what info do you need? camera IP address?

Thanks

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you do this on the NVR or remote via SmartPSS? When adding them back what info do you need? camera IP address?

Thanks
On the nvr IMG_20170513_150835.jpg Delete on the bottom, then device search on top. They should all show up. Then add one at a time.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had this same issue trying to get my cameras in the correct order. I asked about it months ago, I spent well over 2hrs. trying all different things and I never was able to solve this. It picks the same order each time I delete a camera and add them back.

hd88

n3wb
Reaction score
I had this same issue trying to get my cameras in the correct order. I asked about it months ago, I spent well over 2hrs. trying all different things and I never was able to solve this. It picks the same order each time I delete a camera and add them back.
In my case, after I deleted the cameras they were automatically added back in the same order.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
After setup is done I rarely view my local monitor except when necessary. Custom views are easy to set up in remote app and pss, so ultimately I view the cameras in the order I want there.

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is this NVR the recommended one to go with 3 of these cameras? Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Or what's another good NVR with PoE?

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BillG -

It seems like these NVR's have a built-in artificial stupidity when it comes to certain things. Two that come to mind quickly are the inability to get your cameras on the channels you want them on, and setting a camera's static IP address to what you want it to be.

I'd rather not have to go back and read this entire thread, but it looks like your cameras are all on your LAN and NOT attached to ports on your NVR, and that you do your configuration from a monitor (TV??) attached to the HDMI interface. Is this correct? Maybe there is a difference in the way LAN cameras and directly attached cameras are handled, or the HDMI interface, or . . . something.

I have tried several things to get the channels re-ordered and the only thing I found that would work is to physically remove all cameras from the NVR, do a factory reset on the NVR, reconfigure the NVR, do another reboot, check all settings and fix the ones that didn't "take", reboot again, recheck settings again, and then add the cameras back one at a time in the order you want them. Even at that, one false move and you might wind up with an extra channel that you don't want because it is a duplicate of one you already have. Sheez!

The other is IP addresses. I have three cameras that I am testing with, two Dahua and one Lorex. I have finally got the DaHuas playing nicely except for having to run them as ONVIF, and for the most part the Lorex too. Once I have the cameras all running, I go into the cameras web interface and check the "Static" box in the TCP/IP settings for all three cameras, save, recheck, and save again anyway. After an NVR reboot, the two DaHua cameras will still have the IP address I gave them, but the Lorex camera will change EVERY time. A couple of times while I was doing all sorts of testing, the Lorex camera would get the same IP address as one of the DaHua cameras. Obviously not good. Just for the record, I am pretty certain that the Lorex camera is a re-branded DaHua.

Hopefully, DaHua will get their manure in one pile and upgrade the firmware to fix these, and the other problems that people are having.

Wayne

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BillG -

It seems like these NVR's have a built-in artificial stupidity when it comes to certain things. Two that come to mind quickly are the inability to get your cameras on the channels you want them on, and setting a camera's static IP address to what you want it to be.

I'd rather not have to go back and read this entire thread, but it looks like your cameras are all on your LAN and NOT attached to ports on your NVR, and that you do your configuration from a monitor (TV??) attached to the HDMI interface. Is this correct? Maybe there is a difference in the way LAN cameras and directly attached cameras are handled, or the HDMI interface, or . . . something.

I have tried several things to get the channels re-ordered and the only thing I found that would work is to physically remove all cameras from the NVR, do a factory reset on the NVR, reconfigure the NVR, do another reboot, check all settings and fix the ones that didn't "take", reboot again, recheck settings again, and then add the cameras back one at a time in the order you want them. Even at that, one false move and you might wind up with an extra channel that you don't want because it is a duplicate of one you already have. Sheez!

The other is IP addresses. I have three cameras that I am testing with, two Dahua and one Lorex. I have finally got the DaHuas playing nicely except for having to run them as ONVIF, and for the most part the Lorex too. Once I have the cameras all running, I go into the cameras web interface and check the "Static" box in the TCP/IP settings for all three cameras, save, recheck, and save again anyway. After an NVR reboot, the two DaHua cameras will still have the IP address I gave them, but the Lorex camera will change EVERY time. A couple of times while I was doing all sorts of testing, the Lorex camera would get the same IP address as one of the DaHua cameras. Obviously not good. Just for the record, I am pretty certain that the Lorex camera is a re-branded DaHua.

Hopefully, DaHua will get their manure in one pile and upgrade the firmware to fix these, and the other problems that people are having.

Wayne
Yeah, no poe on this nvr. All cams to a switch then to nvr. I do everything on the lan, hdmi out to monitor. No need or want to do anything remotely. So it's a pretty simple setup and works ok for me. You're probably right about differences between poe and non-poe models like mine, and definitely right about Dahua software. I've had Blue Iris for a couple years but don't use it much now cuz I like IVS better than motion detection. I just record 24/7 on the nvr and use ivs mainly for animals not people.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I certainly understand the way you do it, but I would rather not have the camera traffic "contaminating" my every day LAN that several of us on the LAN use. I don't think it would cause us any grief if I did since my LAN is all wired Gig except for one laptop and, of course, phones and tablet. It's kinda like not wanting your different vegetables touching each other on the plate even though they all wind up in the same place eventually. I currently have 8 cameras running on one NVR and three on another, and all of them are minimum 2MP cameras. But what about when someday I have a dozen 4K or better cameras?

Re: Blue Iris, I think the latest release of SmartPSS handles IVS. That would be the V2.0 international version, not the 1.16 something or other English version. Go to Device Config and select your NVR. If it has IVS capabilities there will be a tab Event>Intelligent Analyse. That might be what you want. I would sure like IVS too because most of my cameras don't have the right conditions for motion detection. I can get a couple of them but most of the time there are swaying trees or bushes, cars driving by, shadows moving al around, swimming pool reflections, etc.

Wayne

Rx7_Ben

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just received my NVR5216 from @EMPIRETECANDY and I've got it set up with an HDW5231R-Z and an IPC-HDBW4231F-AS.
Getting it up and running was seamless, however I cannot get the motion detection working at all.
In the storage Schedule, I've got it all highlighted yellow in order to work only with motion detection, however no motion detection events are recorded.
My NVR has the 3.210.0002.2 firmware. I looked at updating it from the link provided in the first post, but it's the same version by the looks of things and it failed to update.
Any insight would be much appreciated.

Ben.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ben, if you connect with a web browser directly to the cameras, is Motion Detection enabled and the "Record" box checked on the cameras?

Rx7_Ben

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the swift reply, I believe so, however I'm not entirely sure which settings you're referring to.
In the schedule menu whilst connected directly to the cameras via web browser, I have all the boxes checked. I can't seem to locate a "Record" box anywhere in the menu Sorry.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the swift reply, I believe so, however I'm not entirely sure which settings you're referring to.
In the schedule menu whilst connected directly to the cameras via web browser, I have all the boxes checked. I can't seem to locate a "Record" box anywhere in the menu Sorry.
On the page you configure your MD (area, threshold, sensitivity etc.) are checkboxes for record, snapshot, email etc.

Last edited:

Rx7_Ben

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, yes MD is enabled, Record channel is enabled, snapshot is enabled etc.
The cameras are recording fine if I select "Regular" (continuous recording). I just can't for the life of me get motion detection to work.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have a SD card in your camera and does it record to the SD? Did you set the area and do you see the triggers in live view on the cams WebUI?