Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
then apparently you dont need it that much..

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@nayr, if you have a chance, was wondering if you check out my post in the other NVR5216 thread.

I know you record a ton of video and I think you have IVS rules setup. Was curious if you've run into the issue I'm seeing. Thanks!

Link

hd88

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have their NVR email setup through Gmail? I can't get my email to work with the following setup
- SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 465
- Encryption type: SSL
I am using a gmail account without 2-step authentication. The "Test" option failed with "Test Error"

Thanks

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone have their NVR email setup through Gmail? I can't get my email to work with the following setup
I am using a gmail account without 2-step authentication. The "Test" option failed with "Test Error"

Thanks
Check to see if you got an email in the send account saying that for security reasons the access from the nvr was blocked. Don't forget, the send email relies on the proper password for that email account too. Check that. But because the send email account must have the password set in the nvr, it's best to create a new gmail account only for that purpose and not have the send account in the nvr a personal often used account. Keep your receive accounts for anyone, in the nvr. But make the send account isolated and specific - not your personal email accounts.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

Thanks
You need to get in Gmail account via web browser and going to setting to enable to allow third party client on Gmail account

I forgot what the setting is called but Google should give you the answer

hd88

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using a newly created gmail account for this purpose. I enabled the following option on the new account and it works.

Allow less secure apps: ON

Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which could leave your account vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps (which we recommend) or choose to use them despite the risks.
Thanks!

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I am using a newly created gmail account for this purpose. I enabled the following option on the new account and it works.

Allow less secure apps: ON

Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which could leave your account vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps (which we recommend) or choose to use them despite the risks.
Thanks!

Yes that the setting

hd88

n3wb
Reaction score
I setup motion detection with email notification, both Snapshot & Send Mail options are selected. Also on the Network > Email setup, the Attachment option is selected.
  1. I received msgs for both "Alarm Event: Motion Detect" and "Alarm Event: Motion Detect Clear". How do I disable the Motion Detect Clear msg?
  2. Neither msgs has snapshot of the video. What other options do I need to enabled?
Thanks

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I received msgs for both "Alarm Event: Motion Detect" and "Alarm Event: Motion Detect Clear". How do I disable the Motion Detect Clear msg?
I don't think you can disable that particular email from being sent. I setup a rule in my Google account to automatically delete emails that contained that text.

In the end, I ended up disabling emails, bought the Plus version of iDMSS, and use push messages. That wasn't cut and dry either, took some finagling to get the push messages to finally work, but now that it does, I like it better than emails.

hd88

n3wb
Reaction score
Were you able to get snapshot attachment to work with email?

Will take a look at iDMSS Plus app. Any tips from your experience in setting up push notification with this app?

thanks

fooey

n3wb
Reaction score
I am tempted to buy this NVR, but most likely the non POE version, just following this (and the other thread) closely regarding the random reboots...

In the meantime, I have had a quick look through the Dahua API manual and just wanted to confirm my understanding:
SetRecordModeConfig can be used to "0: automatically record" (assuming this works based on your set schedule), and "2: stop record." (ie stop recording, even if the schedule had set it to record).

I am planning on installing some internal cameras and was wondering what would be the easiest way to kill recording of the internal cameras when we are home.

Was thinking I could get my home automation controller (TBC) to simply make the HTTP call and stop the NVR from recording.. this might be easier than finding out the API call to the POE switch (if it even has one) to kill power to the port (if it's even possible).

Does anyone here do anything smart / similar like that (perhaps @nayr)?

Thanks

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got 2 issues maybe someone can help. Out of 6 cams the thumbnail quality of one cameras SD49225T-HN isn't as clear as the other and the text even looks different.

Second issue I have 2 cams that don't seem to give a live stream until there is motion. It's like they are in standby mode.

This is only an issue that appears on the NVR. Both camera are set to record continuously. I have also rebooted the NVR. What strange is after a reboot or moving the screens around the 2 camera stay at a black screen until the first initial motion is detected.

In blue Iris the image and the streams are fine.

Bottom Left Bad Quality

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I got 2 issues maybe someone can help. Out of 6 cams the thumbnail quality of one cameras SD49225T-HN isn't as clear as the other and the text even looks different.

Second issue I have 2 cams that don't seem to give a live stream until there is motion. It's like they are in standby mode.

This is only an issue that appears on the NVR. Both camera are set to record continuously. I have also rebooted the NVR. What strange is after a reboot or moving the screens around the 2 camera stay at a black screen until the first initial motion is detected.

In blue Iris the image and the streams are fine.

Bottom Left Bad Quality

Are you using NVR with a build in PoE or a separate PoE switch?

As for the image quality on bottom left, are you sure it streaming from main and not from sub stream? I would take a good known camera and swap it with the camera on another port to see if the image quality is same on there. A bad Ethernet cable can cause massive packet loss which degrade the quality of the image. I even would get like a 5 feet ethernet cable and plug the camera in near NVR to narrow the troubleshooting down further.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My NVR has the PoE ports but I'm not using them, I'm running a separate PoE switch. It's definitely the sub stream because if I turn off the sub stream setting on the WebUI then I get no video on the NVR at all.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am planning on installing some internal cameras and was wondering what would be the easiest way to kill recording of the internal cameras when we are home.

Was thinking I could get my home automation controller (TBC) to simply make the HTTP call and stop the NVR from recording.. this might be easier than finding out the API call to the POE switch (if it even has one) to kill power to the port (if it's even possible).
This is something I'm interested in also, but haven't gotten around to.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am tempted to buy this NVR, but most likely the non POE version, just following this (and the other thread) closely regarding the random reboots...

In the meantime, I have had a quick look through the Dahua API manual and just wanted to confirm my understanding:
SetRecordModeConfig can be used to "0: automatically record" (assuming this works based on your set schedule), and "2: stop record." (ie stop recording, even if the schedule had set it to record).

Does anyone here do anything smart / similar like that (perhaps @nayr)?

Thanks
If you have a home alarm panel (you should), you can usually program them so when the alarm is activated an output on the panel is triggered.. wire this into an NVR Input and configure your internal cameras only to record when that alarm is active... this way when you arm your security system, it starts recording inside.. then when you disarm, it stops.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
My NVR has the PoE ports but I'm not using them, I'm running a separate PoE switch. It's definitely the sub stream because if I turn off the sub stream setting on the WebUI then I get no video on the NVR at all.
Then it probably streaming from sub not main stream which is a lesser quality video

I would still take a good known camera and swap it out to rule out Ethernet cable or setting in NVR

If come out great after swap then it the setting in camera if still same after swap then setting in NVR or bad Ethernet cable or the connector got moisture in it and it starting to oxides/rust out

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how are you adding your cameras to the recorder? they should all be substreams when in a grid and switch to main stream when you go full screen

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how are you adding your cameras to the recorder? they should all be substreams when in a grid and switch to main stream when you go full screen
I added them by going to camera>remote>device search check the camera then add. Ohh ok. Didn't realize the grid image is all sub stream.

But still my grid images will pause sometimes until there is motion, however when I open the selected cam it never pauses. All camera are set to record continuously.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1. Hate to break it to you but its gonna suck from linux, you'll be better off running a dedicated monitor for the NVR.. The Chrome App might work basically, havent tried it from a Linux Desktop.
Just wanted to add to this conversation I installed SmartPSS onto my Linux computer using Wine and it is working great!!