Dahua NVR Stopped sending emails

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tried two gmail accounts and both of them say this option is not available. I did a google search and can't figure out why. What gives?
Try turning off two-factor authentication and see if it allows you to create an app password.

Peter Lea

n3wb
Reaction score
Please enlighten me on what I am doing wrong? It still says fail hmmm :( I have also tried 465. I know the password is correct as I copy and pasted it..
You'll be more likely to use a Google account (smtp.gmail.com) port (587) and protocol (TLS)
without worrying about apps password or less secure application authorization but try the TEST several times at 30-second intervals.

RichardCam

n3wb
Reaction score
I was using Google but it also stopped. Tried outlook and it worked straight away. Google must have blacklisted my ip

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Google still working here. Nothing has changed that I can tell. Definitely nothing on the BI server has changed.

ad24

n3wb
Reaction score
same problem here, stopped working in the evening now 2 - 3 days ago...

Can't get it up again, tried with gmail new account, yahoo account, my own hosting account (like pop3),.... all the same.
Will there be an update on the internet of protocols or something?????

I think the problem is the DAHUA NVR... but were can you find that info??

rscole

n3wb
Reaction score
Just thought I would add that I am seeing the same problem with my Dahua Camera and NVR SMTP settings. Does not matter TLS/SSL, stmp.gmail or other server settings. 2FA on or off, app sepcific passwords etc. Nothing seems to work as of the 6th of June.
All settings and tests Ive done, DO work with the Hikvision camera I have.
All are situated at the same site, same network, same external ip address.

icecoffee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
same problem here, stopped working in the evening now 2 - 3 days ago...

Can't get it up again, tried with gmail new account, yahoo account, my own hosting account (like pop3),.... all the same.
Will there be an update on the internet of protocols or something?????

I think the problem is the DAHUA NVR... but were can you find that info??
That's what my thought too. Also push notifications are stop working where it work before. Nothing change on my settings.

freshcoast

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed my cameras stopped emailing events on June 6th. Test emails now fail from both Dahua and Amcrest cameras. I've been sending them via a GSuite account specifically for the cameras for a long time now. I also have a FreeNAS server that sends alert messages via the same account and those emails continue to go through without any issue. The mail headers between the camera and NAS messages are only slightly different, so I can only guess that Google is blocking the emails based on those headers or the content of the emails.

AviCo

n3wb
Reaction score
Same here , stop receiving email since 6/June,
I verify email configure correctly (no change) .
I tried changing to SSL/NONE - nothing....

Attachments

Reaction score
Same here. Emails stopped on June 6th. Can't find a way (yet) to get them flowing again - used different email account, etc.

AviCo

n3wb
Reaction score
I just created new Yahoo account and tried smtp it - not working,
so the cause of this is NOT Gmail for sure ,it somehow related to Dahua ,
which is even more strange ... how come and why Dahua can block smtp ?

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's most likely Gmail. I've been using my Yahoo account since Gmail stopped working and it's been sending notification emails like normal.

AviCo

n3wb
Reaction score
Good bews...
Just recivied an answer from dahua support :
Thank you for your information, your case number 648255
In regards to your issue, Google email TLS protocol has been updated. Therefore, we are having compatibility issues. Because multiply product lines involve in this issue, they will give us the firmware fix and upgrade plan probably tomorrow.
We will keep you update Avi,

Kerry123

n3wb
Reaction score
Whew, glad its not just me! My Dahua NVR no longer sends emails either, last alert sent was on June 6.
Thanks AviCo for the update, this has saved me a lot of fruitless effort!
Cheers

SvenVD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone knows of where to get the dahua firmware updates?

ad24

n3wb
Reaction score
mm, also isnt there a place on the internet were Dahua put info/news ? It would be much easyer that way...

atm still not working here, even not with my Outlook account.

Last edited:

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This issue is seriously bad!
@EMPIRETECANDY can you check with your connections over at Dahua whether they are working on this or not?

@AviCo Did you receive any updates from Dahua regarding this?

Thanks!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Last edited:

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
There is another thread (email notify) that talks about an unsupported cipher that Google, since moving to TLS 1.3 is not supporting. I believe Andy or someone else on that other thread already has a ticket open with Dahua.