Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

strat

n3wb
Reaction score
any difference over the NVR5216-4KS2 POE version that the non POE doesn't have that i missed in the specs?

I ordered the non POE version by accident but it doesn't matter as i have a 24port netgear switch with 12 POE ports right next to where this goes but curious in case i missed something.. still have time to cancel.

the plus side i can see is the old dahua NVR had 8port POE and the internal PSU fan was a turbine i had to replace with another quieter fan.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
any difference over the NVR5216-4KS2 POE version that the non POE doesn't have that i missed in the specs?

I ordered the non POE version by accident but it doesn't matter as i have a 24port netgear switch with 12 POE ports right next to where this goes but curious in case i missed something.. still have time to cancel.

the plus side i can see is the old dahua NVR had 8port POE and the internet PSU fan was a turbine i had to replace with another quieter fan.
Hi Strat,

iirc no

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

the plus side i can see is the old dahua NVR had 8port POE and the internet PSU fan was a turbine i had to replace with another quieter fan.
In most case's this is a good thing, makes thing's simpler in the long run. Allows easy placement of the NVR via one network cable.

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Agree. You're probably better off with the non poe version, since you already have the switch. Less fans, heat, noise, and lot more flexibility.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The only time I'll use PoE on an NVR is if I need to change the static IP on a "new" camera to match the network's DHCP range in which it is intended to be connected to. The price difference is a quite a lot though between the PoE and non-PoE version. A dedicated switch would be useful---no need to have so many variables in a network, lol

BigLarge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently purchased the 5208-8p-4KS2.

It states the internal PoE switch is "IEEE802.3af/at." Can anyone clarify which it is?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I recently purchased the 5208-8p-4KS2.

It states the internal PoE switch is "IEEE802.3af/at." Can anyone clarify which it is?
Hi BigLarge,

Both. It meets both IEEE spec requirements. Most certainly they list both for people who may have a spec requirement of "af" and do not know that "at" would also work.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
how can i put on external hd recordings from NVR5216-16P-4KS2 ..i have it on house outside of town and my 3 bullets 5231 got stolen :angry: ..
Do you really want to copy it to external hdd or, like already mentioned, copy it to your pc with SmartPSS?
With the GUI you could use the Playback/Search Option and then copy a crop or a whole file from the file list to your usb storage device.
If you really need further instructions I would have to do real „screenshots“, because I can not copy&paste the GUI

BigLarge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi BigLarge,

Both. It meets both IEEE spec requirements. Most certainly they list both for people who may have a spec requirement of "af" and do not know that "at" would also work.
Thanks! Thats interesting, I was under the impression that NVRs would require an injector for PTZ cams and additional IR.... but apparently not!

strat

n3wb
Reaction score
installed "DH_NVR5XXX-4K_Eng_V3.215.0000000.1.R.20170901" and now NVR menu gone wack.

I can't setup a new password and menu over the chrome app is slow or timesout since this new firmware.

The menu on chrome app is similar on 90% of the pages.

trying to roll back to another version.

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your rollback is successful, you might try backing up your settings, resetting all settings to factory default, upgrading, and assuming the upgrade goes well, import your settings.

strat

n3wb
Reaction score
If your rollback is successful, you might try backing up your settings, resetting all settings to factory default, upgrading, and assuming the upgrade goes well, import your settings.
Just now using PSS i got it to change the password on admin.. phew.

it doesnt show that menu anymore on boot. just reset everything to defaults and seems it's back to normal with above firmware.

strat

n3wb
Reaction score
question.. just setting up my nvr5216-4ks2 and wanting to use both face detection and the IVS trip wires with 1 of my cams

In the smart plan menu on the NVR for the channel with this camera it only lets me select either IVS or face detection??

is both not possible or am i doing something wrong ?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
question.. just setting up my nvr5216-4ks2 and wanting to use both face detection and the IVS trip wires with 1 of my cams

In the smart plan menu on the NVR for the channel with this camera it only lets me select either IVS or face detection??

is both not possible or am i doing something wrong ?

You can only select one. Both is not possible unless I am mistaken and someone else can correct me.

Bill

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can only select one. Both is not possible unless I am mistaken and someone else can correct me.

Bill
You are right. Only one is possible at the same time. It takes to much cpu usage in the cam to do this. Personally I prefer IVS, because you have more options.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
installed "DH_NVR5XXX-4K_Eng_V3.215.0000000.1.R.20170901" and now NVR menu gone wack.

I can't setup a new password and menu over the chrome app is slow or timesout since this new firmware.

The menu on chrome app is similar on 90% of the pages.

trying to roll back to another version.

Was that the NVR menu or the WEB GUI menu? If it was the WEB GUI, a clearing of the browser cache usually does the trick.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like there's a new firmware....I am not sure what I have now (pretty sure it's before the v2.15 that seems to be the last one talked about here...) But I'm still not getting IVS alerts on my phone using gDMSS so I'm hoping a newer firmware would help.

Has anyone successfully tried this new one?

Firmware - Dahua Technology

2017-11-14_11.00.11.jpg

strat

n3wb
Reaction score
that's not the right device?

that would be for the dahua XVR range.

Just tried the online check with mine.

IMG_6056.jpg