Dahua ONVIF to Hikvision NVR - no substream

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision NVR with a bunch of Hik cams and one Amcrest using ONVIF without issue.
I purchased a new Dahua HD-IPC-HDW4433C-A hoping to using it on my NVR with ONVIF.
Everything seems to be working correctly EXCEPT the sub stream specifically from the Hik NVR, it cannot see/access it...
The transcoded one is accessible though...
Directly from the Dahua cam, no issue.

I tried almost everything in Dahua configuration of the substream to have the Hik NVR see it without success... and ONVIF is working since I can see the main stream...

On Hik NVR, in the video settings, if I select the sub stream, I get:
"The camera does not support the function."

Any idea? I really need the Hik NVR to see the substream... It seems there is something in Dahua settings on the substream, Hik cannot understand as the substream...

Thanks in advanced...

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
nobody?
Let me ask this,
Does anybody have a Dahua cam in a Hik NVR using ONVIF and can access the substream from it?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A-V2 connected to a couple of Hikvision NVRs, 7816N-E2 and 7616NI-K2 as ONVIF.
The substream shows OK if selected on Live View, though this is normally set as Main Stream.
Some of the substream settings can be done via the NVR web GUI, but generally I'd set up the fine detail directly on the camera web GUI.
Substream selected and Dahua config below :

Attachments

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok good, it's weird, I reset to factory the Dahua cam.
Right away, the Hik NVR was able to access the sub stream.
When I started configuring the Dahua settings like I wanted, I lost it at some point with original issue.
Redid the factory reset and only set the basic I needed (NTSC, video stream H264 leaving sub to H264H (whatever that is)) and it works...
I stopped there to avoid breaking it again...
I'm not sure what breaks it, maybe the H265 on main stream or H264H on sub stream, or a combination of settings...