Dahua Starlight Recessed Dome PTZ (SD52C225U-HNI)

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
but my question is the software of the camera is no able to do ivs and record to a network driver.
in other words i can program the camera using the web interface of the camera and set the ivs functions and tell it to record to the network driver.
I've never tried that, but it seems like it should work. The WebUI in the camera allows for different record destinations between Scheduled, Motion Detect, and Alarm. NAS is an option.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So to the next person looking to setup the camera as an onvif device... While the default password for the web is admin admin (or admin password) - most people tend to change it. When you change the web password, it does NOT change the default onvif password (admin/admin). So while your web admin may add the camera to the NVR software it wont transmit data (my problem).

I was using my web password to the camera as the onvif password.

Short answer - if you dont specifically change the onvif password, it remains default - admin/admin (Onvif only).

Thanks,
Rich

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
looking for NVR
this
NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2
or
NVR4108-8P-4KS2
which one would more suitable for this camera

Last edited:

BarkityBark

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you please recommend an outdoor PTZ IP camera currently sold by Andy for my bird feeder viewing? The camera will be mounted vertically on an exterior stucco wall under an eve (for extra weather and sun avoidance) approximately 15 ft. from the bird feeders (one bird seed, one hummingbird feeder). Built-in IR would be a plus, as well as a built-in mic, as I have Mexican fruit bats which visit the hummingbird feeder the second half of each summer at night. I intend to plug this IP cam directly into my Netgear WNDR3700 router and share the feed to private guests via port forwarding via my WIN10 computer. If the port forwarding option turns out to be unworkable, I may share the camera feed via Angelcam or some other online service. Thanks!

Last edited:

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@nayr or any. That dose have this cam get hot I'm planing on putting it in and closed enclosure.

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I plan on placing the camera without the dome in a vented Hoffman fiberglass box with three plexiglass windows. Should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I am using a regular 15.4w POE switch & the unit seems to be working fine. Do these have a heater that kicks on when its cold (needing more than 15.4w)? I bought a POE+ injector (shipping from amazon) but I wanted to make sure I need it.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So i have a Loftek D1 camera (Circa 2012) - I want to replace it & I really like this Starlight unit. Does the recommended camera come with an arm to attach it?

Do manufacturers make a PTZ Hanging style camera that has a cover so you cant see where the lens is pointed (similar to this link below)?

Amazon.com : LOFTEK® Sentinel Wireless Pan/tilt 3x Optical Zoom Waterproof Outdoor & indoor Dome Wifi/Wirelss/Network/IP Camera. 4mm-9mm Lens, Viewing Angle: 30°-69°, Pan/Tilt Angle: 355°/90°. White : Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does the recommended camera come with an arm to attach it?
All the accessories which can be used with this camera can be found in the brochure available on the product page linked in the OP. Since this is a recessed dome it's only mounting is recessed into a ceiling space.

Do manufacturers make a PTZ Hanging style camera that has a cover so you cant see where the lens is pointed (similar to this link below)?
Like your example the SD52C225U-HNI is a dome but the cover is translucent. I don't believe Dahua offers a camera with a cover which is tinted.

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
got a question
on the wiring for the inputs/ output
blue > out
green > common
yellow / green > ground
brown > in1
red > in2
what should be the correct connection
for the two inputs

mckevin

n3wb
Reaction score
Need clarification here. Never having worked with one, I was under the impression that a POE splitter stripped the power out of the RJ45. Does it instead (as the name implies, duh) split the power off so you can power the cam through the RJ45 per usual and use the DC out to power a mic? 'Cause that would be perfect!

performance of the pro, for the price of the lite.. and its smaller and requires less power than both (wiring up microphone w/PoE splitter will be cake heh)

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Need clarification here. Never having worked with one, I was under the impression that a POE splitter stripped the power out of the RJ45. Does it instead (as the name implies, duh) split the power off so you can power the cam through the RJ45 per usual and use the DC out to power a mic? 'Cause that would be perfect!
A poe splitter removes the power from the ethernet cable and has a data only rj-45 output jack. If someone uses a splitter, to power a camera and microphone they're doing that by splicing the 12v lines together.

The camera this thread is about and most PTZs use too much power for 802.3af and require 802.3at. For this PTZ you best options are:
-power camera with 24vac, power mic with 24vac to 12vdc converter. I've explained this in detail a few times.
-power camera off of poe+ (802.3at), run a separate cable (cat5e or something else) to power the mic using a 12v supply or 802.3at
--running a seperate cable like this results in a larger ground loop and more audible noise
-Power the camera off poe+ and don't power the mic use it passive.

This camera and most PTZs want 24vac not 12vdc. You generally don't find PoE splitters that output 24vac. There aren't that many 802.3at splitters

Last edited: