Dahua Starlight Recessed Dome PTZ (SD52C225U-HNI)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
thanks that good to hear.now the wait begins. availability and shipping from china.
if you throw a memory card in set up a NAS you technically could run all the cameras just fine, you can even set up smart PSS on a computer and view all of the cameras in one place, change settings, etc.

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if you throw a memory card in set up a NAS you technically could run all the cameras just fine, you can even set up smart PSS on a computer and view all of the cameras in one place, change settings, etc.
i do have a NAS (synology) that i put together and i am pretty happy with.

Last edited:

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Mine came today in the mail. I was setting it up with the same settings as my other Dahua PTZ cameras (2mp, 12x ptz). I have 3 & they all work great as Onvif cameras with Geovision VMS software. This one is able to be added but the stream never starts.

It has this software on the camera:

• Version
Software Version 2.420.0000.9.R.2512, Build Date: 2016-07-12
WEB Version 3.2.1.360570
ONVIF Version 2.42
PTZ Version 3.00.45.RHNP

Is there a firmware update that might help? All other Dahua PTZ cameras I have work flawlessly (actually even the cheapie Ebay PIR POE IP cameras work great with Geovision as Onvif).

I will try a factory reset but it just seems that port 80 for Onvif doesnt seem to be sending data on this unit.

Thanks,
Rich

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks - I am working on it now. I used this file within the zip: DH_SD-Eos_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.420.0001.0.R.20161220.bin

I hope thats the right one.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I am able to add it as an Onvif camera but it just doesnt transmit any data. The three "general" cameras are Dahua cameras - plus one Geo for good measure.

So the web interface works OK but the Onvif is a bust - after the firmware update too.

Attachments

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i do have a NAS (synology) that i put together that i am pretty happy with.
I used the free Synology Surveillance Station app for a few months as a NVR for a Hikvision camera. It worked well. Couldn't use IVS features with it, but it could record on a schedule or on Motion Detect with no problems.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So in the Onvif device manager, I was comparing the trouble camera with the other cameras (geovision, dahua, ebay brand x, etc). The new one that i am having trouble with shows these IP's:

192.168.1.208, 169.254.10.200, 169.254.10.100

The first IP is the correct IP, the other two are not mine & I wonder if thats causing the problems. None of my other cameras have that. I cant figure how to do a full factory default on the camera to shake all that backdoor nonsense out of the camera :)

I tried the regular default but it remember the IP & user info which probably means its not defaulting eveyrthing to factory.

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I am able to add it as an Onvif camera but it just doesnt transmit any data. The three "general" cameras are Dahua cameras - plus one Geo for good measure.

So the web interface works OK but the Onvif is a bust - after the firmware update too.
did you try with the dahua software smart PSS

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
did you try with the dahua software smart PSS
No - Thats Dahua's NVR type software? I am sort of stuck $$$ in the geovision 3rd party world due to software investments. Does PSS do some sort of factory reset?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No - Thats Dahua's NVR type software? I am sort of stuck $$$ in the geovision 3rd party world due to software investments. Does PSS do some sort of factory reset?
It's a free download. You could try that to verify that the camera does stream properly.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So that strange IP is called zero config in the ODM. I am not sure how to get rid of it.

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used the free Synology Surveillance Station app for a few months as a NVR for a Hikvision camera. It worked well. Couldn't use IVS features with it, but it could record on a schedule or on Motion Detect with no problems.
you can not do something like this
ooooooooooo.png
and let the camera software do the IVS and everything else

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
make sure your camera is set to stream h.264 not 265 and test.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious - how can you tell the model number within the settings?
If your running Dahua branded firmware its on the WebUI under Setup -> Information -> Version.. if your running Generic branded firmware its not listed anywhere on the WebUI as they are often rebranded and sold under other model numbers.. in this case you'd have to check the label on the device.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nayr - do you have any issues running the camera in onvif mode? Do you have two other IP's listed in the onvif device manager like I do?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dont run it in Onvif and nor am I capable of running onvif device manager, sorry.

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That only worked for Motion Detection for me. It didn't work for Dahua IVS events or Hik Smart Events. Guess those aren't part of the Onvif standard.
but my question is the software of the camera is no able to do ivs and record to a network driver.
in other words i can program the camera using the web interface of the camera and set the ivs functions and tell it to record to the network driver.