Dahua Starlight Recessed Dome PTZ (SD52C225U-HNI)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it has built in scheduling of actions and idle places; but that dont trigger it again a 2nd time because it thinks it landed there right the first time.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm...I was intending to order one of these. Not sure if poor AT is a show-stopper, but I would like to have it.

Is it possible with some external automation to have it go to a preset after some delay? Maybe 60s after last IVS?
Haven't looked into what it would take to register for IVS notifications, but I've seen the web page do it so I know it's possible.
It's not a fool-proof solution, but if it works it'd get the camera back into an intelligent mode instead of being a zombie.
probably but what an annoying kludge that is.

gregbert

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it has built in scheduling of actions and idle places; but that dont trigger it again a 2nd time because it thinks it landed there right the first time.
I guess I didn't understand what you meant by "if you press it again it'll move the last bit and go right back where it should be".
I thought that meant you were sending a preset command which fixed it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it does, but the camera's built in functions wont press it a 2nd time.. its a timeout, it presses it once after a certain time of inactivity and whatever preset that is can be scheduled to be different at various times of the day.. but the timeout wont double trigger

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
that is an amazing image for 3am. A really cold looking image though :)

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@nayr
the one that you got came with the power adapter for usa system (120v) the reason asking is the vendor that i am dealing with says it came with the 240v type.

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
any recommendations for motion detection switch.
would be really appreciate.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just curious - how can you tell the model number within the settings?

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
any place to find documentation of the internals of the camera like terminal block for the inputs/output audio etc.
also what is the size of the power plug.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
just the user manual in the first post, all the connections are labeled.. the largest plug is going to be the ethernet plug at just about 3/4in

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just the user manual in the first post, all the connections are labeled.. the largest plug is going to be the ethernet plug at just about 3/4in
once again thanks for your help but the only references to connections and such are this without any schematic.
Please connect the power cable, video output cable, audio cable, RS485 control cable, alarm input/output pin, network cable, high-frequency cable, fiber cable according to your actual requirements. Pleas use insulation tape to seal the cable connection ports to do proper waterproof work.

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
another question can i use all of the functions of this camera without the need of a NVR?