Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet (IPC-HFW5231E-Z)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
that is why security is an onion, you try to make your house look like the highest risk pain in the butt you can, or at least more so than the other houses on the street, they'd rather go for a soft target. too bad liberals don't just put signs identifying themselves out in the front yard.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I definitely think I'm the only one with camera's but most are lock and loaded in my area. Just some more than others. ☺

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
nayr, isn't the firmware the same on this camera as it is on the turret?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
nayr, isn't the firmware the same on this camera as it is on the turret?
Looks like it.

Expand the [PAL]DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.460.0000.5.R.20170117 part on the Dahua page below, it'll show the supported models:
Firmware

Reaction score
I have this camera and the PFA121 junction box. I see how the camera connects to the box - which is easy enough and I feed the wires through to the box. There is a black rubber seal in the box and this other part as shown. I was going to feed the ethernet cable into the top opening between the camera plate and the junction box and then it would be connected within the junction box. What are these other two parts and where should I be using them? I'm assuming they offer some level of water proofing?

Also, does the turret connect to this junction box? I bought the bullet, but for one of my locations, I'll want to swap it out for the turret.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this camera and the PFA121 junction box. I see how the camera connects to the box - which is easy enough and I feed the wires through to the box. There is a black rubber seal in the box and this other part as shown. I was going to feed the ethernet cable into the top opening between the camera plate and the junction box and then it would be connected within the junction box. What are these other two parts and where should I be using them? I'm assuming they offer some level of water proofing?

Also, does the turret connect to this junction box? I bought the bullet, but for one of my locations, I'll want to swap it out for the turret.

Thanks in advance.
This J box can't be used for the turret. The small piece is a connector for using conduit with the box. I've added a pic of the turret J box to show the difference and a pic with the connector semi-installed to show how.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
yes it should work on any 5X3X model camera

Hmmm - i wonder if it would work on my DH-IPC-HFW52A1EN-Z (I) (Dahua US site shows this as end of life and I don't see any firmware on the US site)... The motion blur is something Ive been battling.. at night in color, which I know is partly just expecting too much from this camera.

Will that firmware change my NTSC to PAL?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure what a Rhea? is ;) but I'll try first and see if I can get any support back through NewEgg where we bought it... fat chance I know. Yeah dont want to risk it without being sure as the HOA paid like $300+ for it...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Rhea is the codename for the hardware it contains, if you could find ANY firmware for your camera it'd probably tell you.

generally though these firmwares are for international models, I dont have any legit US ones heh

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, just updated my bullet cam with the new firmware. No issues.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got one of these setup this weekend. It is very well built and excellent night image quality. I also bought the matching junction from ebay for $30 shipped (I forgot to ordered it at the same time from Andy). I also added a mic per @nayr's audio thread. I hear a lot of noice when it is quiet. Is it related to ground loop or something? I enabled noise reduction in the camera. Also, which audio compression should I choose? I have the default now.

BTW, I am using Blue Iris to manage my cameras.

Thanks.